The bestest of Tints

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
meetoo;201631 said:
I have no business dealings with V-Kool. Assumptions like that and "jokes" about me using imitations are not funny if they're not true. We are talking about the present which is 2007...what is the value to us of talking about the "situation" in the previous century?

Please read the forum rules posted by the Committee:
'4. Don't post if you've got nothing useful to say'

Chill lah, bro. Nobody is hinting anything, whether you are v-kool "linked" or not. I have read the thread many times over and over again and I can't find any personal jokes about you leh.
If I have offended you in my postings, then I apologise like a man. I am just asking for opinions about 3M tints and so far, no reply so I guess that nobody have tried it yet in this forum.

Just chill it, the "cuaca" nowadays is hot enough oredi...;)

I had a quick glance at the title of this thread and thought it was "The bestest of Tits" for a split second. Sure got my attention.

i was at the 3M shop in Jln Sg. Besi today, the price for top of the range 3M is the same with V-Kool Elite (RM2200 for std 4-dr sedan). I'm using the latter, very effective and the shade looks good too (btw, it was only RM1500 in 2001). Keen to try the 3M on another car, coz on paper it's better, 99% heat rejection whereas 97% for the vkool Elite...but need to see if it actually look good installed. anyone with 3M crystal bond on your car, pls pm me ;)

Meanwhile, my excar has Huper, not so good at rejecting heat, and ugly shade as well, but cheaper

shaifulo;201867 said:
i was at the 3M shop in Jln Sg. Besi today, the price for top of the range 3M is the same with V-Kool Elite (RM2200 for std 4-dr sedan). I'm using the latter, very effective and the shade looks good too (btw, it was only RM1500 in 2001). Keen to try the 3M on another car, coz on paper it's better, 99% heat rejection whereas 97% for the vkool Elite...but need to see if it actually look good installed. anyone with 3M crystal bond on your car, pls pm me ;)

Meanwhile, my excar has Huper, not so good at rejecting heat, and ugly shade as well, but cheaper

yo bro... mind sharing with us the address and contact no. for 3M shop in Jln Sg Besi?

sesat88;201879 said:
yo bro... mind sharing with us the address and contact no. for 3M shop in Jln Sg Besi?

dun have exact address, but as u go along jln tun razak towards seremban hiway....the place is a big acc shop right after BHP station before u turn to sg besi hiway (where Auto Bavaria is)

there is a 3M installer in Tmn. Megah if ure interested. Its the row of shops facing the LDP...its called Flyers or something like that.

misti lah wei at least myself active in the forum and also THE CLUB EVENTS ..........all tis kind of opportunity comes very rare u know.........even bcoz of tints also we can debate wat fun wat? so how much hah the price for my ride mr middleman XXX?

What about v-kool? Any other recommended places to get them done besides the PJ HQ? For a better price, of course. :)

Bailey;201940 said:
misti lah wei at least myself active in the forum and also THE CLUB EVENTS ..........all tis kind of opportunity comes very rare u know.........even bcoz of tints also we can debate wat fun wat? so how much hah the price for my ride mr middleman XXX?

wei janganlah panggil middleman....very sensitive tissue especially in this thread..
dun worry i recce the price for you ok since near my hse..

XXX;202035 said:
wei janganlah panggil middleman....very sensitive tissue especially in this thread..
dun worry i recce the price for you ok since near my hse..

Hahaha... tissue... is this intentional typo or what... :D yes, a bit sensitive here...

Okay, back to topic, I think the price of tint depends on the size of cars.... I was quoted RM1800 for V-kool 70 all round, here in Penang, for my E36. That was early February.

my tint is nviro.... from the specs i read, it seem pretty impressive.... uv blockage 99.8 with a lifetime warranty, but compared with the tint in other cars (friends), i cannot say that i am totally happy with it; the interior is still 'hot' compared by standards, but the car does 'cool off' rather quickly.... i was told that the reason is.... cos' the car interior is black..... anyway, the tint cost me rm 1600

Most, if not all, tints are able to block UV very well. It's the IR that is the problem... UV can't be felt as heat, you will just get sunburn. On the other hand, all the heat felt is from IR.

Btw, many factory standard windscreen glass are able to block UV quite well too.

yup thats correct and in order to have better IR rejection you cant have the best of both worlds...ie: smart tag working which uses IR rather than RF. Up till today I dunno why T&G did not adopt the RF system like what Kesas did, when i was using it it was 100% error free, never got into a situation where the boom did not open....until I forgot to reload.

shaifulo;205254 said:
anybody here using raybarrier fr ecotint? what's the price like?

thanks
the price should be around vkool v70, 1.8-2k for all round tint

hi guys. just need to ask d sifu2's. my car currently has vkool, but i guess its more than 5 years old. so its starting to get a little blurry on the front n back screens. especially at night when u can see headlights from cars getting distorted.

i want to change the front n rear tinting, but i need a shop who is able to remove the rear tinting without damaging the heating element. anyonee can recommend? scared after everything koyak....

thanks guys

hey guys ..anyone know a good workmanship/shop for 3M tinting in Penang?Planning to get it done this week..thanks..cheerss

Top Bottom