temperature high..help..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
bimmer73;474031 said:
Bro get your termostat changed, Check your Clutch fan and your electric fan one of the speeds is out on your fan....there is a few speeds. I suspect its your electric fan after a drive when you put of your engine and start your engine after afew minutes your Fan must turn at high speed the the 3rd speed. so will your clutch fan. check this few item and do it FAST Real FAST it will crack your cyilinder head. DO NOT DRIVE YOUR CAR WHEN THE TEMPRETURE IS UP ABOVE THE MIDDLE LINE.

bro, i found out also when start my car the fan will become very loud. i been to the workshop and the staff asked me to change one of the part on my radiator. it is a round thingy that look like some gear. it is attached to the propeller on my radiator.. may i know is that a clutch fan ?? sorry i am kind of new to all this..

by the way..the staff quote me $180 for the thermostat and $290 for the 'fan clutch' (if that is what its called)..was wondering is that a good price? thanks bro

Mika,

Yes, that is the clutch fan and the pricing are reasonable.

the fan clutch is attached to the engine. Not to the radiator. It sits right in front of the radiator to suck out all the heat from it.

This is fan clutch

fanc.jpg

And how it attach to the fan.

1.png

This is pulley

pulley.jpg

U know how to log into forum but u dont know how to google the fan clutch pic? ..sign..

bmw7833,

you mentioned in your thread, that you felt the engine is a lot responsive after replacing the fan clutch.

My questions are:

1)What's the symptom that says you need a new fan clutch?

2)How is it that a new fan clutch can make the engine feel responsive and less sluggish (can it?) ?

bimmerholic;474475 said:
bmw7833,

you mentioned in your thread, that you felt the engine is a lot responsive after replacing the fan clutch.

My questions are:

1)What's the symptom that says you need a new fan clutch?

2)How is it that a new fan clutch can make the engine feel responsive and less sluggish (can it?) ?

1. I changed it when i felt the fan rev too slow, i even can stop the fan by using my hand.. :stupid:

2. I don't know for such mechanism question..May b someone else can help.

But i felt the diff after i replaced the old one with the new one..:wink:

Hi, i also experience about the same kind of thing.

my electirc fan will turn to the higher speed for about 5-10sec then it will go back to normal. is it something signal that the aircond or the radiator going to spoil?

bmw7833;474649 said:
1. I changed it when i felt the fan rev too slow, i even can stop the fan by using my hand.. :stupid:

2. I don't know for such mechanism question..May b someone else can help.

But i felt the diff after i replaced the old one with the new one..:wink:

bro, the clutch fan is a mechanical load on the engine. When the radiator temperature is higher, it will heat up the bi-metallic strip install on the front of the clutch fan. This will in turn move a plunger and make the fan spin faster. The faster the fan spin, the more load on the engine.

mika;473471 said:
bro jarance,

both condition (stationary or not) also rising to 3/4 mark...

Mine faced similar problem. Went to M-Speed. Change the Thermostate.... DONE. Now..... the tempearture remain 'still'. :top:

WGT523;478640 said:
Mine faced similar problem. Went to M-Speed. Change the Thermostate.... DONE. Now..... the tempearture remain 'still'. :top:

Thanks for the information.. Will certainly considered to change the thermostat when my temperature rise above the middle mark. :top:

Top Bottom