temparature sensor

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

geoffrey318

Club Guest
just upgraded mine e36 to e39 525 yr 2002 model,after one month and 10 days that was a night when i drove the car,suddenly the word "transmission prog failed"appears,the car began under power.try to switch off the ignition key and start over again,still the same problem.reverse the car not function,try to drive it,the "knob" sound appears.So call my technician,suspect the gearbox problem.the next day,towed the car to workshop after diagnois by the computer and found that there was an error caused by the temparature sensor inside the gearbox,so just replaced it and so far so good.but since the car still have one month warranty,is it the problem occured in that night really caused by the temp.sensor?any expert here can give me do me a favour?

I had the same problem with u 3 years back...my ride e39 525 '01...the car is on 'limp' mode thats why you feel there's lag of power...after changing the sensor, it has never given me any problem since then.

yes la. because the body pump inside the gear box function when the tempreture of the oil reach it's level. if not the ECU just buat tak tau je la. He he. One of my customer happen to have that problem but the technician in bangsar want to cheat him asking for 5k if he want to repair the gear box.

Top Bottom