tell me something - e36 or e46 in 2014

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kitt

Club Guest
well i'm basically just a 17 years old :D student studying at UTP right now.i've been a BMW enthusiast since i was 15 years old.just wanna get some advice about buying a bimmer in the future.is it practical to buy e36 in 2014 (after graduate and some years of working)? or should i go to e46? price for e36 at that time will be like 20k + 10k to replace old parts so its a bargain and maintenance cost if not more than 1k per month tak risau sgt hehe.tol+minyak=1k per month ok lagi (maybe company will pay),road tax depends. for me e36>e46 (dunno why,maybe its just me) but the only thing consider an e46 is because its newer..price will be like 50k at that time right? lowest i want is 325i becoz 318i..hurm my father's ford rs lynx can beat it easily hehe. i have started saving 50 percent of my scholarship in asb for investment lots of other things.by the time i graduate...i will have around 20k plus after 3-4 years of working..jadi around 50k kot.i also plan to start my own business before 30.just the plan.i hope my dream will come true.hehe it's ok to have a dream and vision right? just wanna have some opinion.:)want to flame also i dont mind.

At 17 and you are already thinking about what you are going to do when you are 30, I salute you. Most of the kids at your age are thinking about what they are going to do for the weekend.. he..he..

Owning a car be it an udm or local car is a high committment. The cost of maintenance, fuel, road tax and hire purchase will eat into your salary/saving. My sugguestion would be to start small and upgrade when you have more saving and better salary. Don't forget, you might also want to settle with somebody someday and that will also affect your budget..

Meanwhile.. concentrate on your study and enjoy your teenhood. get to know more about car by listening to others.

good future planning boy
when i was at ur age, the only thing that i had in mind was to become a Rock Star! (yep i told that to my chem. teacher, she was shocked like hell) :p
now u study 1st, get a good job etc buy a simple car to move around 1st but never let go of ur dreamcar..when the time has come..get it.
All the best dude.

Good for you. Anthony Robin says that the one that plan and actually knows what he wants will be more likely to be sucessfull in life. Good luck.

wow, UTP scholar? i'm sitting for my last SPM paper next monday (biology) and i'm looking for study options.. i really am interested to join UTP (mech. engineering - automotive major).. what course are you currently in?. and how many A's does it take to gain a scholarship from UTP? sorry OT yaaa..

as to your original Question, by that time the value of an E36 would prolly be around the current value of an E30 at present time...so i salute you for saving up and planning ahead.
as for me the one i'm in love with is an E30.. its one car i hope to own in my lifetime :)
peace..

Aidi_E30 said:
wow, UTP scholar? i'm sitting for my last SPM paper next monday (biology) and i'm looking for study options.. i really am interested to join UTP (mech. engineering - automotive major).. what course are you currently in?. and how many A's does it take to gain a scholarship from UTP? sorry OT yaaa..
off a bit....UTP is very good in engineering.wanna take mech? they have centre of automotive research here.the academic complex is the most modern and technological in malaysia.kinda like silicon valley i tell u.petronas biasalah hehe but im not taking engineering,i take business.i got 8a 2b only.luckily i got mara scholar..no need to work for petronas for 10years! it goes well with my plan of starting my own business before 30 years old :D

jarance said:
Don't forget, you might also want to settle with somebody someday and that will also affect your budget..
i'll get the bimmer first then i'll think about that.if i can buy a bimmer,probably marriage cost no problem LOL!

back to the original thread, why is it we have to buy normal cars first if we can afford a bimmer? i know its weird for young people to drive a bimmer,but rather than buying a new kelisa, i can get a used bimmer at almost same price.plus, i think if you drive a bmw then can get promoted easier hehehe gaji pun extra la..

Bimmer owner getting younger and younger....... u forget something ....maybe by then when you graduate one litre of petrol RM 5 already

hey kitt;

i really don't encourage you to get a car like bmw. car should just be the last priority and you should stop thinking about it. if you must, then get a cheap and good trusty honda.

bmw is expensive toy and dont get suckered into this when you graduate. at least not when you start out to work. bad influence!

selespeed said:
hey kitt;

i really don't encourage you to get a car like bmw. car should just be the last priority and you should stop thinking about it. if you must, then get a cheap and good trusty honda.

bmw is expensive toy and dont get suckered into this when you graduate. at least not when you start out to work. bad influence!

thanks for the advice.i'm not thinking about it seriously,its just leisure thinking because im focusing to my study. i'm planning to buy it after several years of working,not when i graduate.i will not buy something that i can't afford [financial management hehe].

oh ok.. i never knew UTP offered anything other than engineering courses actually.. lol

Sonny, has it occurred to u that u may need all your car savings for your biz. Dreams & visions r cheap, and since u asked, my humble opinion is that you'd be wiser to look into long-term needs before your short-term desires. Decide what sort of biz u want to do & do a good biz plan, looking from all angles to c if it can take off on paper. When u come to working out how u will finance your biz, u need to determine the start-up capital required (not forgetting to set aside for emergency funding), where your funding sources will come from, work out the preliminary cash-flow required & the liquidity, marketability of the assets used for the funding, also how much u need to save now adjusted against inflation. In a nutshell, u need to b more certain of your long-term goals, if u want to be your own boss.

couldn't agree more with you.love the financial management subject.hehe guys dont get so serious.im gonna buy a bimmer when it is the right time,not when i graduate or start working.my focus is career first.i do prioritize my "needs" first before "wants". oh man this thread has become "how to plan you future" thread :D.btw i still want the answer to this question:is it practical to buy e36 or e46 in year 2014?

right now i am just a passenger in my friends 328i :)

kitt said:
btw i still want the answer to this question:is it practical to buy e36 or e46 in year 2014?

Why not? In 2014, an E46 will be up to 15 years old. There are many people driving 15-16 year old E30 now and are very happy with them. They're good, solid cars if well maintained all the way.

In 2014, you'll be 25 years old, graduated and working for a few years. By 25 years old I am driving my dream car already, an Alfa! I think there's nothing wrong with having a dreams. Only people who have a dreams will achieve things in life because they work towards their dream. Those who don't dream will just drift along wherever the current takes them. Keep dreaming about your BMW young man, and you will get there!

When I was your age I also started dreaming. I wanted an Alfa and to start a business before I'm 30. So my education and first jobs were all geared towards the kind of business I want to involve in. Bought my first Alfa at 22 years old and been driving only Alfas eversince. I think it gives a better image that you are dynamic than if you drive a Proton. Started my business at 32 years because also got married and settled down. Now 4 years later, my business is doing good, got a nice house in BU and now time to think about E90 or E46.

Only if you have a vision for your life will you get there. Otherwise you will drift along and take whatever comes your way. No successful person gets there without a vision. Keep dreaming your vision kitt!

meetoo said:
When I was your age I also started dreaming. I wanted an Alfa and to start a business before I'm 30. So my education and first jobs were all geared towards the kind of business I want to involve in. Bought my first Alfa at 22 years old and been driving only Alfas eversince. I think it gives a better image that you are dynamic than if you drive a Proton. Started my business at 32 years because also got married and settled down. Now 4 years later, my business is doing good, got a nice house in BU and now time to think about E90 or E46.

Only if you have a vision for your life will you get there. Otherwise you will drift along and take whatever comes your way. No successful person gets there without a vision. Keep dreaming your vision kitt!

thanks a lot! i'll remember that.

this thread is inspirational haha...
kitt, any idea how many A's it takes to gain a scholarship from petronas/utp?
minimum requirement i mean

kitt said:
well i'm basically just a 17 years old :D student studying at UTP

When I was at your age I knew BMX bicycles only such as Redline, Haro, Kuwahara, Diamond Back and Raleigh. My dad will take care of the car department. Get a BMW montain bike first la. Enjoy your "childhood" while you still got the energy. After that, find a nice girlfriend. Give your mother headache a bit. Syok oo..:D

when I was 17... I cyle to school with an old basikal ,with rm1.00 pocket money.

Aidi_E30 said:
this thread is inspirational haha...
kitt, any idea how many A's it takes to gain a scholarship from petronas/utp?
minimum requirement i mean
You have been PM'ed!

funfer_fahrer said:
When I was at your age I knew BMX bicycles only such as Redline, Haro, Kuwahara, Diamond Back and Raleigh. My dad will take care of the car department. Get a BMW montain bike first la. Enjoy your "childhood" while you still got the energy. After that, find a nice girlfriend. Give your mother headache a bit. Syok oo..:D
hehe there's one e36 325is/328is that was used by one of the lecturers (a woman) here and its 5spd manual! It's maroon and possibly lowered and have m3 bodykit but everything else is stock.whenever i see the car i feel motivated to get one.I've always think how lucky is the owner to have a rare..wait..its exotic in UTP..because owning a kancil here is like having a waja in KL!

Top Bottom