Technichi Car Audio Sdn Bhd

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

GasWombat

Club Guest
Met Simon Teh who runs the shop at PJ Highway Centre today. Good vibes about the chap as he expertly explains what is needed to get my system in working order. Hey, he's great at marketing his services..... B) one rear speaker is out and subwoofer in boot ain't working. if u just want his shop to assess your system (takes abt 3 hours) and tell you how to get it in peak condition, that's a RM50 fee, but the fee is reimbursed or waived if u decide you want them to sort out your system. A 2.5% surcharge is imposed if u pay by card.Simon owns a 5-series stationwagon and his ICE is modified for front-staging clarity with a sidewoofer in the back. after listening in, makes me wanna burn money to get the active crossovers he emphasised would produced the similar sweet notes emanating from his ride.RM2500 or thereabouts should do it. :rolleyes: I'm all ears at this point.

Definitely a thumbs up to Tehnichi! B)

Been there and experienced the sound quality of Simon's car. Sweet! He doesn't ask you to upgrade just for the sake of upgrading. He'll try his best to salvage whatever speakers, or amp you have in your car and compromise on $$$ but not quality.

Originally posted by GasWombat@Jan 29 2005, 05:15 PM
crossovers he emphasised would produced the similar sweet notes emanating from his ride. RM2500 or thereabouts should do it. 
:unsure: 2.5k just for xover onli? wow, i would definately can't afford such. :wacko:

Certainly can vouch for saving the $$$ on my Bimmer... Now just waiting for another $$$ injection after CNY so that he can do the neccesary upgrades needed for my car. He is one person that will not push unnecessary stuff to you.

Gaswombat,
What time were u there? I was there around 3pm to collect my home speakers, needed to replace a blown midrange speaker..

Cheers..

gas_wombat : there's been plenty write up in the old forum on tehnichi.. as well as in car forums.

generally good things written about them... and priceness has always been a slightly negative points.

However.. they have repeat customers who have stayed with them. When I was there last I saw this chap with an E46 with the works done in.. (custom amp housing in the rear... woofer in the right gap in the boot... 2nd Head Unit next to right knee place, etc).

Found out he has been with them with his previous cars as well. I personally know 2-3 other persons who have have at least 2 cars done up by them each - literally driving their new cars to the shop within days of picking up their new cars.

Hang around and ask the customers who walk in - you'd bump into customers who have been with them for 5-10 years!

The track record speaks for them..

To: e23_728i , i was there about the same time u were: 3pm-3.30pm....tall chap in green shirt. were u in the nissan sentra Simon was busy rummaging through the boot?

anyway Avtaran Singh of The Star has also mentioned Technici in glowing terms in his numerous reports .....and also their customer, mah, is avtaran still writing for Star...haven't seen his ICE articles of late, the last ones, according to online paper was Aug 2002!

errr skycon, $2500 not just for active crossover, it's for whole works > tweeters, cables, labour....set aside a whole day for them to do a good job. I have most of the components except for the wonky subwoofer and rear right speaker. so wanna let Simon enhanced my setup based on what I already have....

already itching to spruce up my audio system after that delightful aural feast in Simon's car :D . come to think of it, planning to ask him to check my system thoroughly on Jan 31....at 11am....if anyone is heading there round this time, maybe we can yakk more there, ehh?

I was in a bit of a rush at the time otherwise would have stayed a bit... Yup, most of Simon's clients are repeat customers.. me included, have known them for nearly 20 years, when they were originally based in SS2.

Glad you've caught the ICE modding bug.. Heheheheheh!!!

Er.. I was in a silver e23 Bimmer, collecting my home speakers..

Originally posted by GasWombat@Jan 30 2005, 01:05 AM
errr skycon, $2500 not just for active crossover, it's for whole works > tweeters, cables, labour....set aside a whole day for them to do a good job.
oh ic, then that's reasonable. B)

Simon has been famed since his LokeYew time. One of the good old time sifu.

ahh, good music on a beautiful ride. That's nirvana!

went ahead and did up my system. changed speakers, subwoofer and add dashboard tweeters, with tri-amping.

The end result for RM1600? Pretty decent sound and a vast improvement on my previous hearing experience (remember it was minus subwoofer and front-end staging).

Some people go for surround sound but Tehnichi is a keen proponent of front-end sound since this is the natural way to listen to music and is the way home audiophiles like it.

Mine is a modest upgrade and can't compare with those RM10K to RM48K audiophile system (Simon Teh did this one up some years back for a Merc owner)....Not that i want to. The point to an upgrade should not be a case of 1-upmanship, rather a personal source of enjoyment for the budget you can afford.

Right now, I'm happy with the clean install and tuning to my personal taste that Simon has done. But I do foresee a RM850 active crossover in the works in a few months to make the clarity and separation even better. The crossover is expected to boost existing audio quality by some 40%.

who do i see again? Tehnichi of course. They have got a repeat customer in me.

The ultimate goal: Dead silence and you can hear a pin drop.

Glad you're enjoying the sounds..

Although previously tempted by other so-called 'ICE' experts, have firmly stuck with Simon, as he is always updated with the latest stuff. In totality, the sound system on my Pug costs nearly RM15k, but done in stages so u don't really feel the pinch, the one in the Bimmer is around the RM3k mark, with plans for more upgrading after CNY... A case of slowly but surely!!

But most of the CD/MP3 headunit already have built-in active x-over. Isn't it good enough?

calvin,

maybe because many UDM owners here upgrade like crazy but leave their HU OEM. *paging saat*.. yohoooooo

Affan,

There you go again. Calvin, most HU built in x-overs are only good for basic set up. They are not flexible enough if you are really planning to go full active and some may not offer enough tuning/frequency matching options. Some HUs stand out however ... Pioneers P9 and DEH-9550 are worth a mention as are some of the Alpine models. BTW, is that a 7998R Phantom Face in that picture of yours ? Great HU if you're planning to run active too.

Cheers.

out of topic warning:
Although going digital may seem to be inaccurate, do check the so-called analog active crossovers. What kind of potentiometers they are using. Are you really getting the 'fine' tuning or you are just paying to fiddle with those knobs?

For my not so hi-end ears (that's why I don't know what are them SEAS), I am fine using the active crossover in the HU. Enough tuning flexibility. I've seen enough electronics sold that are not accurate, even on the labelling of the crosshairs.

Originally posted by Vanquish@Feb 3 2005, 04:44 PM
Affan,

There you go again. Calvin, most HU built in x-overs are only good for basic set up. They are not flexible enough if you are really planning to go full active and some may not offer enough tuning/frequency matching options. Some HUs stand out however ... Pioneers P9 and DEH-9550 are worth a mention as are some of the Alpine models. BTW, is that a 7998R Phantom Face in that picture of yours ? Great HU if you're planning to run active too.

Cheers.
Yes, it is a 7998R. It is a very good HU with copper chassis. The build in EQ + X-over is good enough. I try to minimize the tuning or colourize the sound. Anyway I just bought 2 sets of MonsterCable XLN Pro interlink cable for my ICE. Fixing it end of the month. I bought it from America(Thanks to Franklin re-post it to me). It is 3 times cheaper than Malayland!!! Local dealer makes lots of moolah....

Originally posted by Vanquish@Feb 3 2005, 04:44 PM
Affan,

Cheers.
Yes, it is a 7998R. It is a very good HU with copper chassis. The build in EQ + X-over is good enough. I try to minimize the tuning and not to colourize the sound quality. Anyway I just bought 2 sets of MonsterCable XLN Pro competition grade interlink cable for my ICE. Fixing it end of the month. I bought it from America(Thanks to Franklin re-post it to me). It is 3 times cheaper than Malayland!!! Local dealer makes lots of moolah....

after a brief but nice racun fr affan durin the grand TT, i foresee technici issint dat long fr my reach ... we'll c .... :yes:

rgds, B)
kahar abdullah

Originally posted by kevster30@Mar 12 2005, 01:39 PM
Kahar,

Call me, we can go together........I know Simon quite well.......hehehhe
Lemme kno when u guys r going pls. I'd like to tag along 4 a visit tooo... :D

Three wise men who have decided to bite the ICE bug ... Resistance is futile ... head the calling Brothers !!! Affan, this is all your fault.

VaN.

Top Bottom