Switch head unit and keep steering controls

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Bathingape888

Club Guest
Am looking to switch out the awful 80's style cassette player in my 2001 318 to a kenwood KIV-700 and most importantly keep the steering wheel controls... anyone have experience with getting an aftermarket stereo fitted plus having the adaptor for steering done as well? Went to several local shops a lot of whom didnt seem confident of using the steering wheel adaptor. Would appreciate any recommendations of places where you guys have done it before

euro46;609111 said:
only for sony product? cant do with pioneer i guess:stupid:

Their website has adapters for all makes including kenwood. I am pretty familiar with the tech am just looking for a ICE shop in PJ/KL area that is confident in doing the wiring. Most of the ones i have been too seem to be like "eh can use steering wheel control still?" which doesnt give me any confidence at all......

Try Hualingan or Dynavin.

Got TV, GPS, Reverse Camera, play game, Ipod interface, DVD Player, use existing Cd changer, phone interface, bluetooth, mp3 player except make coffee.

Bathingape888;609115 said:
Their website has adapters for all makes including kenwood. I am pretty familiar with the tech am just looking for a ICE shop in PJ/KL area that is confident in doing the wiring. Most of the ones i have been too seem to be like "eh can use steering wheel control still?" which doesnt give me any confidence at all......

yeah ure right, none of ICE shop in my location done this before.. as i remembered one of them told me that the steering wheel buttons dont have any electricity signal, which mean it cant be manipulated using universal kit... thats so weird because i know that alpine makes one

zul_cessna;609133 said:
beter change to double din as mentioned by jarance, everything is there.

somehow think that the relocation of the AC controls and tricky fit of the dynavin and huailingan will cause me even more headache when installing.......unless anyone has knowledge of shop that they know can do this work well

I have DIY 3 nos for E46 myself without much problem. It plug and play cos the cable are design for existing unit.

The most difficult that I have done is for the E46/M3 which have already in-built Nav system. It need a special cable harness
cos the radio is located with the CD changer.

Relocation of the AC unit is a breeze. I done it by modifying the existing bracket
but I have see one install with a special bracket purchase from BA for RM190. It look more nicer.

would appreciate any help about somewhere where someone has done this before..... only place I know who said they can do this is Superstar in Cheras but they didnt seem too confident to be honest

Top Bottom