Stuck rear seat belts

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Chrix

Club Guest
Anyone else facing this problem?My search on other forums revealed that our car's rear belts do fail..Wondering if there is a way to fix em instead of replacement? and what's the price of these units?I rarely have rear passengers, but when I do..they are incredibly annoyed by the fact the rear belts aren't working...and I just tell them to pull slowly (which never works, just to shut em up lol)Thanks guys

I had same problem last time. Tried some DIY repair few time but does not last long. End up buying used rear belts from chop shop. If I remember correctly I've paid RM50/each.

AZM;701941 said:
I had same problem last time. Tried some DIY repair few time but does not last long. End up buying used rear belts from chop shop. If I remember correctly I've paid RM50/each.

This sucks, is your replacement units still okay?

Anyone got leads on where to get a set?

Chrix;702028 said:
This sucks, is your replacement units still okay?

Anyone got leads on where to get a set?

Chop shop ler. Go to Hakitrade Subang. I've seen a mesh container sized 1m x 1m x 1m full of used BMW seatbelts. There's a label there too saying which container is for BMW, which is Mercs etc.

Go there prepared with your seat belt part number and look for yourself. Its on your right as you come in under the big roof.

View Larger Map

Chrix;701934 said:
I rarely have rear passengers, but when I do..they are incredibly annoyed by the fact the rear belts aren't working...and I just tell them to pull slowly (which never works, just to shut em up lol)

Exactly what I do LOL
If you find it somewhere within KL vicinity please do update here bro, I was just thinking of replacing them this past week.

Experienced the same problem for a couple of years. Got a replacement from a fella named Ah-Long (i am not kidding) from Mudah. His ID is Dtraders. 6mths on, rear belts still works like a charm. Need his number, gimme a buzz. Good luck.

llamedos;706611 said:
Experienced the same problem for a couple of years. Got a replacement from a fella named Ah-Long (i am not kidding) from Mudah. His ID is Dtraders. 6mths on, rear belts still works like a charm. Need his number, gimme a buzz. Good luck.

I know this guy, even sent new year sms right!.. like a pro.

I'll give him a buzz, thanks. (ps, your avatar pix looks painful)

Chrix;701934 said:
Anyone else facing this problem?

My search on other forums revealed that our car's rear belts do fail..

Wondering if there is a way to fix em instead of replacement? and what's the price of these units?

I rarely have rear passengers, but when I do..they are incredibly annoyed by the fact the rear belts aren't working...and I just tell them to pull slowly (which never works, just to shut em up lol)

Thanks guys

Got a very simply way for DIY which u no need to replace the belts. Remove the big iron ball in the belt control. Remember not remove the spring lock which for emergency lock. The big ball stucked that is why seal belt not able to pull out.

Chrix;706662 said:
I know this guy, even sent new year sms right!.. like a pro.

I'll give him a buzz, thanks. (ps, your avatar pix looks painful)

Agreed the Ah-Long is pretty good when it comes to customer relations... hope you get what u need.

To digress a lil'.. yeah the accident made me realize a few things:
(i) there are sh!t loads of idiots on the road at all times (don't give em the benefit of the doubt.. even on weekends);
(ii) that old junk can absorb impacts pretty well (didn't feel a thing at a point of impact);
(iii) there really are material items that can actually make a grown man shed a few tears.

Anyway.. she's all fixed up now. =)

Top Bottom