Strange! window downed & car unlocked

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Mun

Club Guest
Strangest thing just happened today!My car was parked in front of my office ( shop office lot) and some guys from the neighboring shops alerted me of my windows being opened. It was raining, but just drizzling. The boys thought it was strange and alerted me upstairs.I initially thought the front passenger window was down but upon seeing the car, I was shocked! All four windows were fully down and doors unlocked!!! What just happened i thought? tried to think coz a couple of hours earlier as I walk back to the office I did glance the car and took note of another E90 parked parallel behind my car. Its a E93 ? Cabriolet - a head turner definitely . Could it be some kind of interference signal from that car, I thought? the cabriolet is already gone.Upon checking the manuals again, I found out by pressing down the unlock button for a few seconds, it will unlock the car and open all the windows ! So I went down to check and test, and voila!! Duh!!Now, my car isn't exactly parked in front of the office. It was in front of the next lot. My office is on the 1st floor. My theory is, whilst the key fob is my jeans pocket, the button is somehow pressed, perhaps while sitting.My workstation is right in the front part of the office and the car is about 20ft down diagonally. Cant test it from my workstn coz it just started to rain heavily.Another lesson learn. Better start reading the manuals seriously and see what else I don't know about the car.Cheers

In fact I can open and close my sunroof using the lock and unlock button by depressing it. :top:

yeah e remote has e ability to do wat u mentioned, so it could have been triggered unintentionally.
go read the manual, alot more info on the car tt we can learn from it.
actually i know i haven read it myself, only use it for reference when S!@# happens

This has been a standard on most European cars for the past 10 years already. It came about with the advent of multiplex wiring on cars. My ex-307SW also had this feature.

Continue depression on the unlock button will open all windows include sun roof. Vise versa with the lock button.

e60FANster;565875 said:
yeah e remote has e ability to do wat u mentioned, so it could have been triggered unintentionally.
go read the manual, alot more info on the car tt we can learn from it.
actually i know i haven read it myself, only use it for reference when S!@# happens

I recall someone told me few months ago on his E60, after starting the engine, you step on the brake pedal and pull the key fob out whilst the engine still running, so you can get out of the car and keep the aircond running while you are out of the car and the fob in your pocket.

Haven't try this, has anyone?

Make sense coz sometime you need to stop short at certain place but want to keep the car cool.

Q : If the car is unlock, can someone enter the car and drive off and you running behind with the key fob?

Btw, will try not to park too near the office:top:

Don't think you can pull out the fob while the engine is running Mun. But since you have iDrive, you can go to Independent Mode in the Climate Control and set the 'on' timer (in fact there are two) I occasionally use it when I make a stop at a highway R&R and it's a hot day, cos I know I'll be about 20 mins. Setting it to come on 5 mins before getting back to the car cools it down and driving on the highway re-charges the battery.

Looks like there may be a few things about your ride that you didn't know. :)

I encountered the same problem a couple of time. The doors were locked but all the windowm were half open :( Thank God, it wasn't raining while this happened.

Schwepps;565951 said:
Don't think you can pull out the fob while the engine is running Mun. But since you have iDrive, you can go to Independent Mode in the Climate Control and set the 'on' timer (in fact there are two) I occasionally use it when I make a stop at a highway R&R and it's a hot day, cos I know I'll be about 20 mins. Setting it to come on 5 mins before getting back to the car cools it down and driving on the highway re-charges the battery.

Looks like there may be a few things about your ride that you didn't know. :)

The more problems or situations you had with the car, the more u learn about the it, apart from this forum. And we badly need this sort forum to keep up with the most intelligent 3 series, yet. I do hope it'll become intelligent to fix itself up.

mun...i think u need to off the engine first, pull out the fob and within few seconds, re-press the engine start button. that way it will restart the engine and keep it running...(u can switch on the a/c)..and u can walk away...
no, u can't drive away without the fob reinserted...try it..

Do you know you can insert your fob upside down and start engine and drive?

Top Bottom