Steering Wheel of your F10.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Eclipse

Club Guest
I found that the standard BMW steering wheel of my F10 520d not very nice to hold nor look at it. I wonder is it only my problem or others also feel the same?Is it worth it spend a few thousand to upgrade our steering to either the 'Sport Version' or M-Sport Version?
20100827074225281.jpg
5347797251_8c0fddda4e.jpg

Dont see much difference other than the black strip under the airbag and the M logo.

On older cars such as E39, changing from the normal 4 spoke rectangle airbag steering to the Sport 3 spoke round airbag steering made a massive difference.

Maybe you can find out if you can just swap the bottom spoke alone?

I think you'll need Part No 32336787442 (Item #3 here)

277.png

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=FP32&mospid=52148&btnr=32_1801&hg=32&fg=35

GBP61.07 from Schmiedmann.com without shipping:

http://www.schmiedmann.com/32336787442/product-type/New/search-by-productnumber.aspx

Note: I checked for 08/2011 F10 523i Sedan N52N Europe Right hand drive car, you might want to put in your VIN and check the specific one for your car although I believe parts like these are interchangeable throughout the range.

The first picture posted is the Sport steering with Paddle shifter
Basic steering is a bit flat in design and less the " thumb rest" of the sport wheels
Leather quality is somewhat different too
However, I dont know the difference between the M sport steering and the normal sport steering beside the M emblem.

Is it smaller diameter?

Please advice?

I was told my car to be equipped with the M sport steering with paddle shift.
To collect the car this weekend!

The standard Steering BMW Malaysia giving us 520d and 523i is look like the one below. Very not nice to grab and feel very 'hard'. Even my PS3 logitech steering feel batter. :motz:

2011-BMW-5-Series-550i-Steering-Wheel-Image-280x280.jpg

ck318ci;671436 said:
The first picture posted is the Sport steering with Paddle shifter
Basic steering is a bit flat in design and less the " thumb rest" of the sport wheels
Leather quality is somewhat different too
However, I dont know the difference between the M sport steering and the normal sport steering beside the M emblem.

Is it smaller diameter?

Please advice?

I was told my car to be equipped with the M sport steering with paddle shift.
To collect the car this weekend!

asked bmw this question (difference between sport/m-sport)

was told that size is the same... only difference is the ///m emblem on m-sport, the silver trim in the sport, and also leather on the m-sport (?more matte and less smooth-according to bmw)

tried the difference in a 528m sport and a 528(non-m) and couldnt really tell the leather difference though..

one thing for sure it feels hella good! :D

Maybe bought the bottom spoke ///M trim and send for rewrapping? Shouldn't be too costly that way. That 'thumb rest' can also be created and new wrapping made thicker.

I'd do that on older cars but not sure on 1-2 year old cars though...

haywire;671577 said:
Maybe bought the bottom spoke ///M trim and send for rewrapping? Shouldn't be too costly that way. That 'thumb rest' can also be created and new wrapping made thicker.

I'd do that on older cars but not sure on 1-2 year old cars though...

The overall design is very different. The airbag of the sport steering is more protruding. I guess the bottom M spoke trim will not fit the standard steering

Right, I see what you mean now.

Normal steering part number 32306783825

Sport steering airbag part number 32306783827

Confirmed different. But still the bottom bit can probably still be the same fitment though? Maybe can try swapping with those who have it to test the fitment before buying.

Wow RM11K, it too expensive. I wonder anyone here got any jalan on this m-sport steering wheels? Maybe we can organize a group buy to get batter price.

I saw San Hin Auto Parts Trading selling it a few months back. They were asking for RM 5K for the F10 Msports steering. Do give them a call and check it out if you're really interested.

11k sounds about right, NeohKW changed to SMG steering on his E39 for RM9k all in, so no surprise F10 costs more.

Top Bottom