Special TT on 12 Jan with Adian Yein Khalid

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
disclaimer...my post not to pour cold water or to potong stim...:wink:

i made a general assumption on the costs since participant is using own cars...and costs differs from car to car...just sharing some hidden cost apart from the rm350

for example if one is using an e90 325i with brand new tyres lets say 18" 225 front 255 rear...estimated costs rm4k

from my experience, if the participant is really into the exercise without "sayang kereta" to learn the limit, at least 30 to 50% of the tyres is gone...after that the tyres is no longer 'nice' to be used for daily driving...in that case the costs of tyres is significant if you have new or not so new tyres...hehe

also the cars eating cones cost money too...:listen:

in such situation, the bmw driver training course fee seems more affordable...considering you trash..opps...learn using their cars...hehehehe

you play, you pay...:wink:

peace...

Zoggee;793831 said:
Its more of awareness not the cost

:eek: My track session cost around RM1K without fresh tyres. Add another RM1.4K for fresh FZ201,RM2K for the Hankook semi slicks and thats just for 3hours of track time. Sometime less then 10laps if no super power car spun or crash in track lor.

RM350 for whole day plus food...hey I am not complaining. :eek::wink:

just my 2cent nia:wink:

t2ribena;793840 said:

i made a general assumption on the costs since participant is using own cars...and costs differs from car to car...just sharing some hidden cost apart from the rm350

for example if one is using an e90 325i with brand new tyres lets say 18" 225 front 255 rear...estimated costs rm4k

from my experience, if the participant is really into the exercise without "sayang kereta" to learn the limit, at least 30 to 50% of the tyres is gone...after that the tyres is no longer 'nice' to be used for daily driving...in that case the costs of tyres is significant if you have new or not so new tyres...hehe

in such situation, the bmw driver training course fee seems more affordable...considering you trash..opps...learn using their cars...hehehehe

peace...

Thanks for the heads up bro, am busy sourcing for used old tires too! Hhahaa! Will advice others to do the same.

Bro, come join us la and I am sure you can put good used of your old tires.

hehe...i come keh poh nia ok la...

i got no used tyres...just change tyres not long ago...

anaksarawak;793841 said:
Thanks for the heads up bro, am busy sourcing for used old tires too! Hhahaa! Will advice others to do the same.

t2ribena;793840 said:

you play, you pay...:wink:

peace...

No worries...! Point taken. Peace!
:wink:

t2ribena;793845 said:
hehe...i come keh poh nia ok la...

i got no used tyres...just change tyres not long ago...

Come come bro..

Am sourcing some unwanted tires this week :). Let's hunt for them sama2

anaksarawak;793841 said:

Bro AS, will it be that demanding on the tires?

anaksarawak;793879 said:
Not so bro, how about I sponsor your tires and I pinjam your car? Hahahaha

I dont think my 8 year old car can handle your style of driving (refer to your latest video) , my car more suitable for daily drives only hahaha....

Strider74;793881 said:
I dont think my 8 year old car can handle your style of driving (refer to your latest video) , my car more suitable for daily drives only hahaha....

The video is to tease you all... Actual event are very basic, as we to learn how to manage emergency situations

Guys ..

check your cars

1. Check tires pressure, 33psi is minimum ya. No cracks or torn or cuts on tires (used tires are ok)
2. Remove all loose items in your cars including sunglasses
3. suffix engine oil
4. brake pad condition and fluid level
5. clear your trunk
6. check battery is properly secured.

sifu sifu.. please tolong advice

AS, casper has decided not 2 take part in view of d fact that there could b damage 2 his new tyres. Sorry 4 any incovenience.

Bro,

Normally the instructor would be experience enough to provide you with a checklist for you all to do. They are the experts and should be able to better advise and do the necessary.

Cheers

anaksarawak;793884 said:
Guys ..

check your cars

1. Check tires pressure, 33psi is minimum ya. No cracks or torn or cuts on tires (used tires are ok)
2. Remove all loose items in your cars including sunglasses
3. suffix engine oil
4. brake pad condition and fluid level
5. clear your trunk
6. check battery is properly secured.

sifu sifu.. please tolong advice

Basically only the brake, steer and avoid is the one that would cause most 'damage' to the tyres but if the course is made wet for this exercise then the 'damage' is minimal...but the experience & knowledge gained will be much greater as compared to the 'damage' caused. It's also good to do this type of exercises in your own car rather than somebody else's car...but of course other people's car better to thrashlah ..:wink:..but you're not thrashing cars in this event but learning how to control your car in order to avoid crashing your car.

rx8;794029 said:
AS, casper has decided not 2 take part in view of d fact that there could b damage 2 his new tyres. Sorry 4 any incovenience.

Bro,

We are sourcing for used tired for this event, let us know if casper wish to do? I also sayang my tires but it worth to get used tired to gain such experience as per XXX, Zoggee and many others

AS, go talk to our club vendor TTH tyre to see if can work out something...

i hope Adian won't mind if i just turn up that day.. not to burn rubber, just wan to kepochee :biggrin:

mizhan;794268 said:
i hope Adian won't mind if i just turn up that day.. not to burn rubber, just wan to kepochee :biggrin:

Come come... Bring your E30 bro

The last time we did an advanced driving course with Sean Khoo, I don't recall high tyre wear rate. I guess the different is doing it on tarmac vs on concrete surface like those at Sepang car park.

Daniel E30;794759 said:
Anak sarawak, i didnt knw bout this tread.... Sounds good. Is d date comfirmed?

Everything is confirmed bro, one last slot if you are interested.

Top Bottom