Spare tyre kit for E90

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

emfadz

Club Guest
I'm planning not to use run flat tyre in future. Do you guys know where to get spare tyre kit for E90 with good price? I found 1 in uptown and it cost me around RM1300 for the whole set with the tools.Thanks.

I paid RM 400 for the tires - potong shop - taken out from a half cut

Add RM 150+ for netting to secure the tires.

Dun forget the jack and the tools.

RFT can still be slashed - people with bad intention.

I just buy one good air compressor for RM150 and stuck it in the boot. Going for a 2nd air compressor for my Triton.... I don't like the work needed to be done to change a flat tyre. hahaha

bro emfadz

bought mine from lim tyre TTDI RM 1500 and in ma trunk all the time.:rolleyes:

choq

How much bootspace will one have left if one were to go for the spare tyre option? I'm considering as well.It is sad that our e90s doesn't have the space for a spare tyre as they offer an alternative should u inadvertantly shred one of ur tyre,where a mobility kit becomes useless.

535i;545551 said:
I paid RM 400 for the tires - potong shop - taken out from a half cut

Add RM 150+ for netting to secure the tires.

Dun forget the jack and the tools.

RFT can still be slashed - people with bad intention.

So this one will pop out in your trunk boot right? or is this nicely fit into the spare tyre compartment?

supergripen;545722 said:
How much bootspace will one have left if one were to go for the spare tyre option? I'm considering as well.It is sad that our e90s doesn't have the space for a spare tyre as they offer an alternative should u inadvertantly shred one of ur tyre,where a mobility kit becomes useless.

sorry, i thought the car has the spare tyre compartment. so i was wrong all this time. am i?

emfadz;545509 said:
I'm planning not to use run flat tyre in future. Do you guys know where to get spare tyre kit for E90 with good price? I found 1 in uptown and it cost me around RM1300 for the whole set with the tools.

Thanks.

bro, i don't like excess baggage in my boot. hate the moving and banging sound when i take corner or going over bump. so, i installed tyre guardian at DSH Tyre, Desa Sri Hartamas. lots of mini cooper s, E90s and E60s installed them. cost rm200. it last the lifetime of your tyre.

the advantage is peace of mind, the disadvantage is you will never know if there is a nail stuck to your tyre.

when i was at the tyre shop, a mini was changing his tyres to PS3, his worn-out CSC2 has 2 nails and he didn’t even know about it. that is the only thing that bothers me. i don’t like the feeling of driving at high speed with a nail/screw stuck to my tyre and not knowing about it.

Haha... I heard the Passat CC also using this pre fill sealant liao and they advertise it as self healing tyres.. never need to worry about puncture. So easy to make the a more expensive technology called RFT, obsolete. :D

If the car is meant for family transportation, this pre fill sealant will give you absolute peace of mind.

Now for the case of nail stuck on the tyre surface without knowing it. Its dangerous because the tyre is somewhat damage by the nail and can cause potential tyre burst at high speed. There really is no free lunch. Every decision we make, there's a "price".. :(

Set bought at Lim Tayar
I think around RM1200
still plenty of room for your weekend stuff etc..

IMG00327-20091220-0858.jpg

IMG00326-20091220-0858.jpg

Yup! That's the right jack for our E90.. :top:

U better get the strap as well to secure the spare wheel to the floor board. I read that it should also comes with a nice nylon bag/cover, or was it sold separately.

If you leave the object lay loose in the trunk, I can't imagine how u gonna rempit to Gohtong Jaya via Ulu Yam. :p On a serious note, the spare wheel can be a flying object upon accident impact, traveling at say 120kmh and slam into the rear seat.. :eek:

RIKI;546433 said:
Set bought at Lim Tayar
I think around RM1200
still plenty of room for your weekend stuff etc..

RM 1200 inclusive of spare tyre , jack and etc ?
Dont you find it a wee bit inconvenient to have a tyre like that sticking out like a sore thumb in the trunk . I just couldnt do it . I know that would mean RFT for life....but sakit hati to see that .. ..i wish the hole underneath the trunk flooring was a lil bigger so that i can fit a tyre in ...sigh

I think there's a spare tyre kit from BMW that is specific for the e90.. looks very nice indeed,complete with a nice coverbag and mounting straps.Of course,the price will be on the high side,but I think are the most complete and neat.

Part no 36 11 2 159 860

never knew there is spare tyre kit ler... so i wasted on the mobility kit liao?

sharp;546751 said:
never knew there is spare tyre kit ler... so i wasted on the mobility kit liao?

Try look it up..looks pretty neat.I'll be getting it once I get rid of my crappy RFTs.

buy airpump @ tesco RM30... save your money... ahaha
18 yrs of driving, only had 2 flats and mostly air juz leaks out due to nail punctures.
Juz fill the air up den get to the nearest tire shop and fix the problem.
but scary if it happens w a car full of family members @ nite in a deserted road.. typical ghost story

my colleague w her 320 had a puncture while outstation, drove to a tire shop.
they looked at the RFT and said dunno how to fix and refuse to touch the tire.
ended up she had to change to a 2nd hand tire den took the RFT back to KL to re-fit.

sunnypuan;545603 said:
I just buy one good air compressor for RM150 and stuck it in the boot. Going for a 2nd air compressor for my Triton.... I don't like the work needed to be done to change a flat tyre. hahaha

What type is this ? I want need to get one soon as going to change to normal tyres

Top Bottom