Spare tire for e60

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

stevenchiayl

Club Guest
Hi Sifus,anyone have any idea where i can find a cheap spare tire for my e60? mine came with RFT therefore no spares....i got rid of the super hard RFT and now desparately looking for spare in case of emergency! Can it be found in chop shop? where? how muchie?

get a new one :top: I bought mine last year at around RM1500!!!

Thule, is yours the temporary spare tyre or a full sized one? I requested the dealership to provide me with a temporary spare tyre before purchasing my car but I was just curious if a full sized spare can be fitted into the boot.

the spare tyre is 17" and should be able to fit perfectly into the boot... I guess it's temporary as my E60 has 18" M-Sport rims.
Since I am not running on RFTs, it should be to get me to the nearest tyre shop :top:

...there is a kit sold which cost RM1500 specifically to fit the E60 ...it comes with jack and spare tyre but its those teeny weeny tyres thats used to get you temporarily out of trouble...which is good because its abt at least 60% lighter, less weight you carry less fuel you burn...thats why I do not carry a spare at all and just hope for the best...hahahha...oh yah! not only that ur car now has additional 2HP...cheapest mod of all.:rolleyes:

I think kedai potong should have this spare tyre. I saw one unit in Kulim area. Luckily my car already has the spare tyre

Potong kereta got but mostly for japs ...4 holes only...

I'm using the M-Sports 135 rims as well. Swapped out the RFTs. Was thinking of getting a full sized 18' M-Sport 135 rims but just wondering if it would fit nicely in the boot.

All,

Already check, standard full size rim cannot fit in the boot as the spare tire compartment is too shallow.

I have found 1 set of spare tire specifically for e60 and cost me half of what AB is quoting. anyway, yet to pick it up...

for those that have the spare in the boot, is it 16"????

XXX;486392 said:
...there is a kit sold which cost RM1500 specifically to fit the E60 ...it comes with jack and spare tyre but its those teeny weeny tyres thats used to get you temporarily out of trouble...which is good because its abt at least 60% lighter, less weight you carry less fuel you burn...thats why I do not carry a spare at all and just hope for the best...hahahha...oh yah! not only that ur car now has additional 2HP...cheapest mod of all.:rolleyes:

wonder can this thin tyres be use on my heavy e34...can it stand the weight?coz currently use the ori one.

prime5;487014 said:
wonder can this thin tyres be use on my heavy e34...can it stand the weight?coz currently use the ori one.

of course, the e60 is not very much lighter compared to e34..

I just switched to normal tires from the run flat tires.

My problem now is I need a spare tyre. Anyone can suggest me where can I get one?

most BMW spare parts shops have one. I got mine for about the same price as others quoted. Brand new in box.

You may find the spare tyre kits from Lim Tired shop at TTDI around RM1500 when I asked a few months back.

Gents,
I just got mine from Bavarian Auto and it's a 17'. Took it back home and it did not fit. I then took it back to the dealer and he said that, I will need to remove the carpet/felt to fit it in, which i'm not keen to do. It's still in the box, PM with anyone is keen.
Price can negolah.

Thanks.

you have to remove the carpet. Go and see a car that came with the spare tyre kit included. THe carpet is removed as well. The four plastic pieces that fill the void or hold the top board also need to be removed.

Top Bottom