some issues regarding E30 A/C

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

yim1986

Club Guest
i found that the E30 air cond is not cold when i'm driving in the afternoon, but in the morning and night time is just too cold, so is this a normal problem for an E30? is there anyway to solve this problem?

mizhan;444739 said:
have you topped up the gas..?

yup!the gas is enough, and it is freaking cold in the morning and night, but there is a big gaped of difference when i'm driving it in the afternoon, the water temperature seems to be fine(is half and slight higher when in the afternoon and traffic jam). or can E30 fix a slightly bigger condenser? but seems like the space is limited...

there are several factors that can contribute to your car's condition. sounds to me like a weak compressor, but unless there are those here that had the identical problem, we would all be guessing. please take your car to a competent A/C guy like naidu for a thorough check.

mizhan;444753 said:
there are several factors that can contribute to your car's condition. sounds to me like a weak compressor, but unless there are those here that had the identical problem, we would all be guessing. please take your car to a competent A/C guy like naidu for a thorough check.

ok...so where's the place? and my luck is damn bad recently, just went to check the cooling system, then the upper plastic hose of the radiator broken already... dunno what to do now...:(

naidu can help with your cooling system too. head to the epf building on jalan gasing, you will find a shell station across from it. that nice fellow operates his business behind the gas station. i have no complaints about quality of his work.. just that his place is always full of cars, as with any good place.

mizhan;444763 said:
naidu can help with your cooling system too. head to the epf building on jalan gasing, you will find a shell station across from it. that nice fellow operates his business behind the gas station. i have no complaints about quality of his work.. just that his place is always full of cars, as with any good place.

thank you very much, i will go to his place when i'm free, just stick the plastic hose with 2 ton glue, hopefully it can last long...so normally how much will a new and used m20 radiator cost me? and how much if i wanna change the plastic cover?

elwine30;444793 said:
check yr front electric fan if it's working when you switch on your aircon.

i didn't use that fan anymore, because i have fixed a double fan behind the radiator already,it should works well than a single fan right?

yim1986;444797 said:
i didn't use that fan anymore, because i have fixed a double fan behind the radiator already,it should works well than a single fan right?

Nope....you shud not re-engineer what the engineers have spent contless hours on. There is a reason why the fan has to be in front and not behind.

Anyway, the 3 main culprits for your problem would be :

1) Expansion valve
2) Thermostat
3) Electric fan

Since you have reconfigured your fans, I would start there.

Gud Luck!:top:

i had similar issues too broh, changed the thormostat then it got better a bit. then also check ur gasses, i had it topped up then things were much better.
yeah i heard of Naidu, go for it dude.

thanks for your suggestion, will try to solve the fan problem since the aircon system is just serviced...

E30 A/C not cold

hi guys..wish to share my 2sen here...i had similar problem too on my e30 but slightly diff case here...

i bought my e30 without original A/C. According to my A/C mech diagnosis, the A/C is running on 3 speed blower rather than 4 speed as shown on the dash central console. The temperature also preset on the thermostat instead of multiple selection on the dash....

recently had my dash completely removed, did a thorough cleaning cause the A/C starts to give up & water starts to dripped underneath the dash.

true enough, the blower & condenser was clogged with dirt, had my compressor changed to a new unit too...top up the gas & the A/C is icy cold during the dawn & sun set but when it comes to Noon, the A/C is juz not cold enuf to fight the heat ...

my mech recommend me to change to the bigger air-cond fan as the fan i'm having right now is as small as Kancil one with single fan speed...the mech also told me this will shorten my compressor life span too as the compressor will work doubly hard to compensate the slower fan speed for cooling purposes...i guess i m pretty sure that I shld get the e30 original fan (which is bigger in diameter) & also comes with 2 fan speeds...

hope i m heading towards the direction since everything else had been replaced & cleansed... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom