Software upgrade (e46)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

totoro

Club Guest
i heard fr a mechanic that e46 software can be upgrade, like for Rm800++ (especially for older e46 like year 2000 onwards).the result is that the performance will be better.how true is it? and have any member here done it before?:top:

totoro;410962 said:
i heard fr a mechanic that e46 software can be upgrade, like for Rm800++ (especially for older e46 like year 2000 onwards).
the result is that the performance will be better.

how true is it? and have any member here done it before?

:top:

Whoa RM800 very the expensive worrr ... kena parang kaw kaw ... MSpeed USJ Dr. Meng charges like rm200 only :top: Pls check the maintenance thread for more info :D

p/s: Sapura BMW oso charges only rm600

Dude, I just did it last Sat at M Speed. Takes about 1/2 hour and cost RM200.

Granted that I also changed the vent pipe which supposed to have helped the engine feel more powerful and smoother so I have no idea how the update helps in isolation.

As Beemer suggested, use the search function! :D

zammie;411018 said:
Dude, I just did it last Sat at M Speed. Takes about 1/2 hour and cost RM200.

Granted that I also changed the vent pipe which supposed to have helped the engine feel more powerful and smoother so I have no idea how the update helps in isolation.

As Beemer suggested, use the search function! :D

What does the software upgrade do?

Do you know what was the latest firmware that was flashed into the ECU?

It the software upgrade for the gearbox or the engine management?

How much increase in HP if any?

BTW RM200 is cheap considering...

Jarance - can't answer much other than it was for engine management. All I can say is the car does feel much lighter and shifts more smoothly after changing the 2 items.

What I could find out from the guys at M Speed was that this is probably the second update BMW released for the E46. Also, if something goes wrong, you can't downgrade back to older firmware, can only reinstall the latest one :eek:

I updated the software over in M speed 2 weeks back, I did feel the car seems to rev smoother and shifting of gears was smoother as well..

but it has no particular increase in HP or generate better FC

overall, RM 200 is ok.. as long as keeping my car in good health

Yup software update fees is RM200 at Mspeed USJ.

It doenst add ur HP but make the engine management system more smooth and maybe better FC. Like ur pc la,windows vista update to vista SP1..

U can view ur current firmware when connecting to GT1 machine..

thanks to all. so i guess since my car got no problem being all is smooth and well, perhaps i wont do it lah. since zammie said if things go wrong, can reverse back . have to just keep reinstalling.

OUCHHHH!!

oh by the way, my is doing 101,330km. year 2000. e46 318i.

hoping to strike sum thing real big. then perhaps ...... 2009 Z4 !!! Insya Allah!

totoro;411376 said:
oh by the way, my is doing 101,330km. year 2000. e46 318i.

hoping to strike sum thing real big. then perhaps ...... 2009 Z4 !!! Insya Allah!

Better update la bro since ur ride is year 2000..so long didnt update..so far i havent see any bimmer going kaput after update the software..the software itseft come from BMW la..

I updated my E39 in Bavarian Auto in Kayu Ara. Engine and gearbox felt smoother and more responsive.

wah got some interested oso eh?

sigh cannot change new car, have to do software download lah . kena tahan dulu dong!

Did mine at MSpeed also. Mine is a 2001 325i. Noticed much smoother gear changes and better revving. But I also did my 100,000km service then as well and changed lots of stuff. So cannot attribute the smoother ride to the software upgrade.

stan8;411564 said:
I updated my E39 in Bavarian Auto in Kayu Ara. Engine and gearbox felt smoother and more responsive.

Bro,

Your E39 is which model? Year? How do you wanna the current software? What is the new updated one?

Software upgrade

Sorry bro did know the new software version. Forgot. It was like 3 version away from what I had originally. BTW I have a 96 528i.

Cheers:top:

Top Bottom