Smoke underneath car

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Ibrahim Hanif

Club Guest
Dear all sifus,Did you all experienced smoke coming underneath of car?. What's the culprit guys?. I was surprised when it happened. Is my head cover gasket leak and worn out and oil seepage through the exhaust system which cause the burning leakage oil?. Need help here. i'm now very worried when driving.

Drive to your nearest service garage to have it inspected throughly bro...

Exposed hot metal surfaces and any hydrocarbon based fluid ain't safe!

Hope all is good once identified and repaired, if necessary. Good luck.

But actually the smoke is not all the time coming out. It only happened once. First time it happened when my 1 of my ignition coil got faulty. I start the car and let it idle. There's a smoke coming underneath. Then i switch off the engine. Start back. No smoke. After i changed my coil no smoke already. After a week, and now this morning when i was stop at traffic light i notice there are some smoke from my right side window. Not sure if it's a smoke from a motorbike or from my car or it's just my imagination. Confusing.

Get it checked nevertheless... peace of mind is priceless, jmho :)

Bro, yours is the 2.0 valvetronic? It's probably caused by a leaky Vaccum pump. Please search the forum for my posting on this subject '' E46 N42b20 Vaccum pump'' I am pretty sure it's the cause of your problem.

It happen to my car also..it's vacum pump. When oil leak, it directly drop to the exhaust and cause smoke.. Just change the o-ring

phugoid;769270 said:
It happen to my car also..it's vacum pump. When oil leak, it directly drop to the exhaust and cause smoke.. Just change the o-ring

Bro phugoid,

Did you had to top up engine oil often?

Top Bottom