::SMG Box on a 330i::

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

subsonique

Club Guest
i was offered today by my mechanic if i want to change my stock gearbox to SMG gearbox. anyone knows if that will raise any problem in the future or why BMW itself never intended to slam in the SMG into the 330i? different engine, my 330i is M54B30 while the SMG comes from a M54B25. and has anyone in the club done this before? any side effects?

Actually SMG was an option on the 330i. Might wanna think carefully about going to SMG though, am sure there are enough people out there who've pointed out problems with it that they've run into. Also if you are considering more power in the future, you would wanna retain the manual gearbox.

Any particular reason for the transplant? SMG gearbox have their known issues as well, especially the actuator pump.

try PM b33meR....his e46 is on smg.....all the best bro!!

SMG is fun and fast ... It has it's own quirks and faults. The only issue as rightly pointed by bro wingzhee is the clutch actuator pump. That piece cost a cool 4k on parts alone ... The failure is due to the deterioration of the rubber O-ring in the actuator ...

Are you on auto gearbox right now? If so consider changing to manual gearbox ... SMG is not for the faint hearted.

Anwyays check out the SMG thread on the e46 section ... We've covered almost all and imo is the most comprehensive information you can find on the internet on teh subject of SSG/SMG transmission :top:

wingzee;808658 said:
Any particular reason for the transplant? SMG gearbox have their known issues as well, especially the actuator pump.
no particular reason bro, just getting a molesting option ready just in case the auto trans go south on me in the near future.

B33mEr;808675 said:
SMG is fun and fast ... It has it's own quirks and faults. The only issue as rightly pointed by bro wingzhee is the clutch actuator pump. That piece cost a cool 4k on parts alone ... The failure is due to the deterioration of the rubber O-ring in the actuator ...

Are you on auto gearbox right now? If so consider changing to manual gearbox ... SMG is not for the faint hearted.

Anwyays check out the SMG thread on the e46 section ... We've covered almost all and imo is the most comprehensive information you can find on the internet on teh subject of SSG/SMG transmission :top:
yes i am on auto trans, i would love to manualize my 330, but unfortunately, my wife will be driving this car as well, hence manual trans is not really an option, unless i get another 330 and manualize it. yup understood that SMG is not for the faint of heart, but just the like the Q-System in my Alfa Romeo, it's simply better than my existing auto trans.

Hey sub, u nie banyak gatal la wt ur cars, hahaha

For starters, the 325 smg clutch plate is not the same as 330 smg, i know this as when i wanted to replace mine, BA only had stocks for the 325. You can check double confirm wt BA or Mspeed. Also its actually using AR selespeed from Magneti Mareli unlike our H gate Q system which is by Issin Jepun. Oh yeah this the best auto tranny, reliable and not for the faint hearted, kick downs are like no other.

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/foru...hare-thread/page36&highlight=Smg+share+thread

Its not all that scary la, proper maintenance and regular check ups will keep the smg good. Knowing u and ur cars from IA, smg should not be problem for u. Infact its the closest u can get toba manual with the benefit of no clutch in traffic jams.. Perfect for your needs, its my wifey daily drive btw, hehe. Hit the sports mode and start redlining, u will enjoy the evry speedy gear change. Especially the loud thud from ur differential, macam nak pecah, hahaha.

subsonique;808654 said:
i was offered today by my mechanic if i want to change my stock gearbox to SMG gearbox. anyone knows if that will raise any problem in the future or why BMW itself never intended to slam in the SMG into the 330i? different engine, my 330i is M54B30 while the SMG comes from a M54B25. and has anyone in the club done this before? any side effects?

nice choice bro.. if change MSG gbox what about the gbox wirring? just find out from the sifu's the pros and cons on this

anyway ur shazwan friend huh?

sharizat;809067 said:
nice choice bro.. if change MSG gbox what about the gbox wirring? just find out from the sifu's the pros and cons on this

Ijat.....no DIY please :68::35:

Guys,

If we get a SMG steering wheel, is it possible to use pedal shift for our triptronic?

krsna86;809126 said:
Guys,

If we get a SMG steering wheel, is it possible to use pedal shift for our triptronic?

Yes, look at haywire aegean blue or wingzee showroom thread for DIY

aidilj;809146 said:
Yes, look at haywire aegean blue or wingzee showroom thread for DIY

Eh my thread don't have DIY guide. Only end result. Haha. Was done by bro haywire though. :D

infinityKL;808982 said:
Hey sub, u nie banyak gatal la wt ur cars, hahaha

For starters, the 325 smg clutch plate is not the same as 330 smg, i know this as when i wanted to replace mine, BA only had stocks for the 325. You can check double confirm wt BA or Mspeed. Also its actually using AR selespeed from Magneti Mareli unlike our H gate Q system which is by Issin Jepun. Oh yeah this the best auto tranny, reliable and not for the faint hearted, kick downs are like no other.

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/foru...hare-thread/page36&highlight=Smg+share+thread

Its not all that scary la, proper maintenance and regular check ups will keep the smg good. Knowing u and ur cars from IA, smg should not be problem for u. Infact its the closest u can get toba manual with the benefit of no clutch in traffic jams.. Perfect for your needs, its my wifey daily drive btw, hehe. Hit the sports mode and start redlining, u will enjoy the evry speedy gear change. Especially the loud thud from ur differential, macam nak pecah, hahaha.
hehe true bro, i love the Q-System, and i drive them manually most of the time. from your reply, you did slam in the SMG into your 330? or did your 330 come originally with SMG? hehe daymn man! the more i read about it from you, the more i wanna do it! let me get the green light from my wife la. she only drives auto, never shifted with the DSG, never shifted with the S-Tronic and hell never shifted with the Q-System also! i just hope she understands how easy SMG is for her, so that she'll just say yes! haha.

sharizat;809067 said:

yup Shazwan's friend hehe. you his friend too i reckon eh? that burung is in here or not? haha.

subsonique;809237 said:
hehe true bro, i love the Q-System, and i drive them manually most of the time. from your reply, you did slam in the SMG into your 330? or did your 330 come originally with SMG? hehe daymn man! the more i read about it from you, the more i wanna do it! let me get the green light from my wife la. she only drives auto, never shifted with the DSG, never shifted with the S-Tronic and hell never shifted with the Q-System also! i just hope she understands how easy SMG is for her, so that she'll just say yes! haha.

Ori factory smg bro. Just have to remind your wife to use the handbrakes as there is no parking mode and hill stopper function, apart from taht its similar to any other autobox. Put on C mode, and hentam the throttle.

subsonique;809239 said:
yup Shazwan's friend hehe. you his friend too i reckon eh? that burung is in here or not? haha.

Hmmm, few burung italy lurking around here ald ?... Haha

Top Bottom