Signal blink double fast

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

crusher

Club Guest
Just two days ago, my left hand signal light is blinking much faster than normal. The right side is okay. Anyone have any idea why this is so? Perhaps I accidentally turned on the signal speed (is there such a thing?) Please advice.

If the signal bulb blew, than there should be no light at all right? What I experience is the light blinking very fast

crusher;541652 said:
If the signal bulb blew, than there should be no light at all right? What I experience is the light blinking very fast

check the rear and side ones too ....

ICEMAN 13;541655 said:
check the rear and side ones too ....

IF all the 3 light all ok, can be the wiring sortage..happend to me when my car was repaired after accident, all the light blinking ok, but its fast. AB rectified it (after all the fights)

Turn on your hazard lights and see which signal bulb is out. If all are blinking, dismantle the entire left light assembly and check for bulbs that are blackened but still working. Change them. Next, dismantle all bulbs and check for corroded contacts.

Also check the power connectors. If you see one of pins is melted then you can try to repair it, or in worst case,you have to replace the entire thing. Mine was partially melted but my dad managed to revive it. This melted pin is a sign of internal overheating in the signal circuit. To be on the safe side, install another ground for the entire light assembly.

I followed this:- http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=533309. The melted pin in the picture was exactly like mine.

This is a recognised weak point in the E46 signal system. For the whole nine yards of the issue see here:- http://www.bimmerfest.com/wiki/inde...ight_out_when_you_have_no_burned_out_bulbs.3F

Salut

As predicted, one of the bulbs at the rear was loose. After fixing it properly, lights went back to normal.
Thanks everyone

Top Bottom