Service Reset Tools

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

genius328i

Club Guest
Anyone get any idea where can I buy service reset tools? How much it will cost me? Thinking to get one for my own services and experiments. Thanks...:)

It will cost you 10 cents. Just a paper clip will do or a jumper wire.

jumper pin 7 and to ground for 10 seconds.

e46?

genius328i;204069 said:
Anyone get any idea where can I buy service reset tools? How much it will cost me? Thinking to get one for my own services and experiments. Thanks...:)

if you use e46 i think you just use your key to reset the obc..

pusing, tekan tekan pusing tekan..then ok..

Jarance
is it doesn't effect anything that related to the chip by doing that? To be honest with y'all I'm totally naive about this thing. Anyway, I should try if doesn't effect anything.

Pussy
I wanna try suggestion from the above 1st and below. I appreciate the info

Guru Besar
I'm using e36. Can do like u\your way as well kaa?? I want to give a try if possible. don't mind to reset my car 2 or 3 times.

I get mine from bimmer performance store from us.... dunno call wat rx fcxii from peak research, it work. cost me around rm600 plus freight and deliver to ur doorstep. it can check engine fault codes,reset engine check lights, oil serice ad etc.... btw mine is e46 with obd II port and if urs is older version will need to get the adaptor to fit ur car.

Hope it help

keN330;204413 said:
I get mine from bimmer performance store from us.... dunno call wat rx fcxii from peak research, it work. cost me around rm600 plus freight and deliver to ur doorstep. it can check engine fault codes,reset engine check lights, oil serice ad etc.... btw mine is e46 with obd II port and if urs is older version will need to get the adaptor to fit ur car.

Hope it help

thanks bro...I need to consider first which one is the best. The simple and cheapest way or expensive but worth for sleep at night.

genius328i;204297 said:
Jarance
is it doesn't effect anything that related to the chip by doing that? To be honest with y'all I'm totally naive about this thing. Anyway, I should try if doesn't effect anything.

Guru Besar
I'm using e36. Can do like u\your way as well kaa?? I want to give a try if possible. don't mind to reset my car 2 or 3 times.

I have try it on my own car and many other friends car and there is no problem to their chip. btw, the chip that you are referring is ecu.

If you are not savvy when it come to tool, then just go & buy the reset tool for the oil service. So what if you have a modic III or zodic IV, you can get all the info about you car, but what are you going to do with the information?

and having a diagnostic tool would not help you to sleep better at night. it will give nightmare coz you would be always "curious" to keep plugging the diagnostic tool to find out what going to go wrong with your UDM..

jarance;204656 said:
I have try it on my own car and many other friends car and there is no problem to their chip. btw, the chip that you are referring is ecu.

If you are not savvy when it come to tool, then just go & buy the reset tool for the oil service. So what if you have a modic III or zodic IV, you can get all the info about you car, but what are you going to do with the information?

and having a diagnostic tool would not help you to sleep better at night. it will give nightmare coz you would be always "curious" to keep plugging the diagnostic tool to find out what going to go wrong with your UDM..

So from what I understand here, there is no problem if I just using the paper clip then. But I interested in this 2 tools that you mention modic III or zodic IV as well. You have any idea how must it will cost? I kinda eager to know about something new to me actually.

leave the reset and diagnostics to the workshops lar.. not worth your cash unless you know how to repair cars and get parts cheap.

reset with the key is easy(e46)..dunno about other models..

hold the left odormeter reset button while turning the key to position 1. Hold the button for 5 sec untill 'oil service' or 'inspection' with 'reset' or 're'. release the button and press again for another 5 sec untill 'reset' or 're' flashes. While display flashes, press once again breifly. 'end sia' will show up and your car should explode!! haha! seriously.. after that ok gua.. reset done!

good luck..

whoops!! e36 kaa? dunno la..try and see lah

genius328i;204903 said:
So from what I understand here, there is no problem if I just using the paper clip then. But I interested in this 2 tools that you mention modic III or zodic IV as well. You have any idea how must it will cost? I kinda eager to know about something new to me actually.

Modic Diagnostic tool cost more than 10K. Not many workshop own them other than those workshop who are specialized in BMW.

As for Zodic IV, I don't think it for sale
Can anybody care to comment. :cool:

I don't think it worth the money spend to buy this equipment.

Just use a jumper wire if you want to reset your oil service light.

It just like you are want to buy a computer with 2.4GHz/Duo Core processor and 240 GB hard disk and the job you want to do is word processing and surf the net.

guru;204943 said:
leave the reset and diagnostics to the workshops lar.. not worth your cash unless you know how to repair cars and get parts cheap.

reset with the key is easy(e46)..dunno about other models..

hold the left odormeter reset button while turning the key to position 1. Hold the button for 5 sec untill 'oil service' or 'inspection' with 'reset' or 're'. release the button and press again for another 5 sec untill 'reset' or 're' flashes. While display flashes, press once again breifly. 'end sia' will show up and your car should explode!! haha! seriously.. after that ok gua.. reset done!

good luck..

whoops!! e36 kaa? dunno la..try and see lah

E36 cannot lah.. that procedure will test all the gauges and light on the dashboard.

Jarance, sidetrack a bit, what's the exact procedure to test the lights and gauges on my 1996 E36 325i? I don't seem to be able to get into the test mode, maybe it is for the facelifted (328i, etc) models only?

jarance;204952 said:
Modic Diagnostic tool cost more than 10K. Not many workshop own them other than those workshop who are specialized in BMW.

As for Zodic IV, I don't think it for sale
Can anybody care to comment. :cool:

I don't think it worth the money spend to buy this equipment.

Just use a jumper wire if you want to reset your oil service light.

It just like you are want to buy a computer with 2.4GHz/Duo Core processor and 240 GB hard disk and the job you want to do is word processing and surf the net.

huh!!!!!?????:eek:

Who says that Zodic Wifi for sale???? :eek: That state of the art dignostic tool is so advance ,even independent PNDC BMW workshop also have to refers to me to use it.

aiya.....what is hapenning here la...???? Zodic Wifi will never bee on sale.:cool:

Unker Jarance, Dun la misleading ppl with Zodic Wifi .

Genius328i,

Zodic Wifi ??? please pm Zaskar . He knows where got Zodic Wifi.

I dun think you heard of the BMW Club Rescue and Support Team yet. We called them B.A.R.T

zodic veli expensive one... no one can afford.
imagine the costs of lifetime supplies of pork???

jarance;204952 said:
As for Zodic IV, I don't think it for sale. Can anybody care to comment. :cool:.............

Yup, complete Zodic IV is not for sale. But I heard certain programmes are very affordable to rent on an hourly basis, especially the rear end diagnostics : tail pipe insertion cleaning & inspection, bumper humper test and rear fender bender test. Thankfully Zodic IV is not compatible with my cars.

Where's Fadic, NikDic,Skardic and DingaDick?:eek:

They are part of the B.A.R.T . hmmm....????:eek::rolleyes:

I think a B.A.R.T personel needs a recall.:D B.A.R.T Roll Call!!!!!!:D

Top Bottom