Service meter always full bar

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tweiboon

Club Guest
What is the problem causing the service meter never go down ? My service meter always full bar and i never see it drops.Can any 1 tell me why ? Is it because of sensor ? Where is the sensor located ? If possible show me the sensor looks like.

u mean the service interval LEDs right.well the input comes from the DME ie the computer,which calculates,among other things,the fuel used,distance travelled,accelerator input etc etc.no one particular sensor controls the LEDs.

maybe you have not been thrashing the car much...? he he JK.

i 'd suggest you do an oil service reset and see 1000kms after if at least 1 LED extinguishes....

if it doesn't...who cares anyways....do manual monitoring like most cars....by having that little sticker pasted on top of the windshield to tell when the next oil change is due.....

moots;706160 said:
u mean the service interval LEDs right.well the input comes from the DME ie the computer,which calculates,among other things,the fuel used,distance travelled,accelerator input etc etc.no one particular sensor controls the LEDs.

i 'd suggest you do an oil service reset and see 1000kms after if at least 1 LED extinguishes....

if it doesn't...who cares anyways....do manual monitoring like most cars....by having that little sticker pasted on top of the windshield to tell when the next oil change is due.....

1000 kms wont extinguishs the LED la bro..I think mine is about 3000-3500kms before one is gone. Remember original BMW service schedule is 15,000kms before an oil change is needed, so 1 LED = 3000kms is logical I guess if you dont thrash the car.

The range can be controlled and reset using the scanner tool.

ya la bro u r right.3k kms more realistic to extinguish 1 led,which leads me to NOT follow the LED for my oil service.

i use castrol magnatec 10w40 which i change every 5000 miles.can't hurt anything except the wallet......

and thanks for the range control change tip on the scanner....
that will be my next project...handy little tool this pasoft 140....

I use Magnatec 10w40 at 5000kms interval too...cheap and cheerful

I BMW scanner 1.4, the service meter is setting by days rather than by km. So what need to do then ?

moots;706160 said:

Then what is the use of Oil Leveling Sensor ?

tweiboon;706243 said:
Then what is the use of Oil Leveling Sensor ?

Oil level sensor is to check your oil level la...if less than need to top-up.

tweiboon;706236 said:
I BMW scanner 1.4, the service meter is setting by days rather than by km. So what need to do then ?

You can change by number of days, how many litres of fuel used, how many kilometers travelled.

Service.jpg

haywire;706294 said:
You can change by number of days, how many litres of fuel used, how many kilometers travelled.

Service.jpg

Really thanks alot .............i will try to reset later and see the result.

haywire;706294 said:

Service.jpg

My car dont have the kilometres for Sevice intervals. It only has Time days and liters. As what i observed, the litres setting is looks like base on petrol used, is this Litres setting for counting the how many litres of pretol used ?

Top Bottom