..Sepang car setup..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Ecc0

Associate Member
..i never been there, with my own vehicle (except once with my RR, but that was bizz related)..if im about to go, do I have to carry some fuel in external tank or there is fuel station there, in case i want to top up fuel tank ? Also, I dont have helmet, so i guess, I can rent it there ?? Im thinking to go this weekend, but i have no idea what would be necessary things to have, in order to perform such thing. Im mostly concerned about fuel..any tips ?

Carry a full tank, if not you can go out to the PETRONAS nearby. Buy a simple helmet, that will suffice.

Ecco you can rent their helmet but for the price you are paying might as well get a cheap helmet around rm100 +- as tianci said.
Also if you are not planning to go-kart or biking, non-full face are more comfortable as not so hot. reason its advisable to off your aircon to reduce the drag as well as to protect the compressor from the high acceleration.
cheers.

Full face is pretty hot in a sedan. Open face is much better. You can even purchase cheap bike helmets for RM50, if you are not going all out at Sepang.

Black Cat ... Coming or not? We got taxis there this Sunday.

1 full tank would suffice unless you're driving a fuel guzzling rotary turbo engine car.... And there's a Petronas station 2km away...
Anyway, on normal street tires, 15-25 mins per stint is more than enuf without overheating the rubber, come in to rest when u start feeling the car acting weird ie tire flex more than usual, brake getting spongy.... Anyway, even if your car don't complain, you'll probably feel tired and hot, pull in to have a breather... take some time to digest what u did right and what went wrong.

Helmet - better to get your own.. And as mentioned, open face helmet would do...

BTW, don't pull your handbrake when you come into the pit after some hotlaps... Will risk damaging the brake shoes.

Otais have spoken :) Just to add sometimes slow is actually fast. And try to avoid dragging the brakes as it will overheat the brakes. Slam the brakes. Most people under brake or are too gentle to the brake. It can take more pressure then you think :p.

Tyre pressure and alignment settings also must be setup. Just let your regular alignment fella knows you planning to track it.
Also normally after a track day some of us will immediately change our vehicles lubes but that's just our school of thought.
Also remove an loose or free moving items from the car.
If you have bring a tyre gauge to adjust the tyre pressure where necessary.
Last but not least bring lots of water. keep your self fully hydrated at all times :p

fabianyee;815865 said:
1 full tank would suffice unless you're driving a fuel guzzling rotary turbo engine car.... And there's a Petronas station 2km away...
Anyway, on normal street tires, 15-25 mins per stint is more than enuf without overheating the rubber, come in to rest when u start feeling the car acting weird ie tire flex more than usual, brake getting spongy.... Anyway, even if your car don't complain, you'll probably feel tired and hot, pull in to have a breather... take some time to digest what u did right and what went wrong.

Helmet - better to get your own.. And as mentioned, open face helmet would do...

BTW, don't pull your handbrake when you come into the pit after some hotlaps... Will risk damaging the brake shoes.

fabian ... missing your taxi ride ..been such a long long time back to the early days ...yehh you're one of the best driver around and not to forget ya superfasto E30

We will have on that day in the Legendary Silver CRZ
Some say he enjoys shooting at pretty boys like hans and DanielE30 from behind.
He is non other than our very own StigCRaZy.

:p
tIANcI;815864 said:
Full face is pretty hot in a sedan. Open face is much better. You can even purchase cheap bike helmets for RM50, if you are not going all out at Sepang.

Black Cat ... Coming or not? We got taxis there this Sunday.

pls pump up your tyres before reaching track.......at least 34psi cold. If more after some hot laps......you can always let go to fit your need.

ICEMAN 68;815876 said:
fabian ... missing your taxi ride ..been such a long long time back to the early days ...yehh you're one of the best driver around and not to forget ya superfasto E30

Thanks for the compliment but that's such a high hat... paiseh paiseh..

I also haven't been to the track for a long time. BTW, my E30 slow lah, 1.8 only :p

When I stop I just try my best to keep car on level ground, let then engine run to cool down and no handbrakes. The heat soak will kill the pads as stated above.

I love my CRZ as it may not have all that powe with a mere 160 kmh on tbe straights but she is so fun on the track. Just enough power and speed to enjoy on the track without the need to tire the driver out. She is happy to do 30 min stints.

Also as Slyder stated, watch your braking. Commit and don't drag brake. Always brake st the 50m mark. LOL!!!

Yeah don't drag brakes otherwise it comes out smoking after 4-5 laps!

But not so crazy to brake at the 50m mark like some fella I know hahaha

Top Bottom