SECRET BMW TUNING tactics most of people had MISSED IT OUT!!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
replacing the differentials with higher ratio will increase torque...perhaps that is why he is trying to say.

ess530i;369559 said:
replacing the differentials with higher ratio will increase torque...perhaps that is why he is trying to say.

i am soo wonder why the M3 did not make swap for an 318i drive shaft for increasing performanch.. he he he eh ha ha ha ha ha :34: :banghead:

you need thermodynamic, heat transfer, metallurgy, chemistry, physics, aerospace and aeronautic,nuclear, military tehnology to understand it.. don't get angry... it was nothing..,
not understand it also okay and no problem to anybody life...

okay lady and gentlement..., (military technology) i give you an example.., difference between
german panzer IV tank and a RUssian T-34 tank.... the russian with wider track (much heavier) perform BETTER...

turbology;369558 said:
So you agree... thank you

Conclusion: changing to bigger/thicker driveshaft won't help you gain performance

don't get angry.., i try to help you to win a racing .... he he he he :listen: :eek:

help your 's turbology engine put out more ///M POWER

JOKER;369563 said:
okay lady and gentlement..., (military technology) i give you an example.., difference between
german panzer IV tank and a RUssian T-34 tank.... the russian with wider track (much heavier) perform BETTER...

Maybe cause the Russian T-34 has got more horsepower compared to the Panzer IV? It does have 180hp more compared to the Panzer, even though the T-34 is 2 tons heavier.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzer_IV
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-34

joker, you are so right..size does matter.. Ask any girl and they will confirm it..

loafer;369608 said:
Maybe cause the Russian T-34 has got more horsepower compared to the Panzer IV? It does have 180hp more compared to the Panzer, even though the T-34 is 2 tons heavier.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzer_IV
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-34

WELLL, if you make another find-out, found that a bit different in power to weight ratio!!

2000KG heavier with 180bhp more VS 2000KG lighter with LESS 180bhp......
(these just like bmw 1300KG-193bhp VS nuclear power 1200KG-140bhp)
(bmw 100kg more and 43bhp more VS nuclear power 100KG LESS and 43bhp LESS)

**** A complete stubbornesss of ADOLPH HITLER***
--> just like ADOLPH HITLER KILL HIS OWN TROOPS IN THE EASTERN FRONT OF WWII

turbology;369552 said:
nope. actually the smaller the better. The lighter the better.
Only cost, availability, technology, material, safety is preventing going too small.
For performance wise,smaller & lighter it get, the better.

no wonder why people said M3 lose/LOSS to the WRX STi.... he he he he HA HA HA HA ...

soo you better put DINAN or HIOP 's LS-Differential....

PUT IN THE HORSE POWER FREAKS TURBO KITssss.....

AND HEY dude..., the actual BMW production cost was cheaper (if i am not mistake)...
just like the T-34 legendary battle tankssss.... a HEROIC a TALE...
it became expensive only by the high TAXES, CURRENTCY conversion, ROAD TAX, they sale it at higher price, and problem was radically lack of knowledge to understand IT...

i was soo damn damn lucky to be able to experianced on it... ha ha ha ha ha...

he he he he ....,
hey TURBOLOGY,
i wonder why all the FIA GTR and FIA WTCC did not using SMALL wheell to compete????
he he he... they use big wheel but with weight at preset setting....

ha ha ha ha the 15 inch wheel????, that wheel was only suitable for the ill developed country with many pot holesssss on the road... and bad surface road...

hmmmm...but if not mistaken F1 is 13" nyah...ok since we are at this topic

I also so want to know what is the reason for the bigger rims is better theory..use to be 18" , 19" now 20" and bigger...is it bcos so that lower profile tires can be used? ...sorry I also noob so who better to ask than The JOKER..

i saw alot of small-small sport car (WOZ) in the Sieg-HEiL miri office..., what abounch of heroic ASSS... ha ha ha ha ha.... proved.. ZLnd0Sduazz ....ha ha ha ha ha

XXX;369723 said:
hmmmm...but if not mistaken F1 is 13" nyah...ok since we are at this topic

I also so want to know what is the reason for the bigger rims is better theory..use to be 18" , 19" now 20" and bigger...is it bcos so that lower profile tires can be used? ...sorry I also noob so who better to ask than The JOKER..

that because the F1 racing vehicle was too LOW..., put bigger wheel will lift the car up and
effect the aerodynamiccccccssssss :listen:

hey.., next time you better use the small wheel bicycle to compete in the OOOOOlympicss
smaller wheel bicycle (lighter) vs bigger wheel bicycle (plenty heavier) .... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.., which one will cost you sweatsss alot...???

for normal car with big wheel and lowered suspension was :top:

Put it into application and you find that you've only touch on a small part of it...
Yes, there's a noticeable increase in mid range torque with thicker shaft or even a heavier flywheel.
However, as the rpm increases. the extra weight becomes a burden... It requires more effort to rotate the extra mass/weight.

On the other hand, if the flywheel or shaft is too light, it'll lose mid end torque but better high rev power... If you examined the Honda VTEC high rpm engines, you'll find that the rotating components are very light, especially the flywheel. Hence the free revving characteristic of the engines and high horsepower. However, with light rotating mass, it compromised on the mid and low end torque.

So the argument on thicker(or heavier) shaft to increase torque is correct only to an extent and it doesn't increase horsepower. In fact, it reduces the horsepower especially max power since peak power is delivered at high RPM..

fabianyee;369751 said:
Put it into application and you find that you've only touch on a small part of it...
Yes, there's a noticeable increase in mid range torque with thicker shaft or even a heavier flywheel.
However, as the rpm increases. the extra weight becomes a burden... It requires more effort to rotate the extra mass/weight.

On the other hand, if the flywheel or shaft is too light, it'll lose mid end torque but better high rev power... If you examined the Honda VTEC high rpm engines, you'll find that the rotating components are very light, especially the flywheel. Hence the free revving characteristic of the engines and high horsepower. However, with light rotating mass, it compromised on the mid and low end torque.

So the argument on thicker(or heavier) shaft to increase torque is correct only to an extent and it doesn't increase horsepower. In fact, it reduces the horsepower especially max power since peak power is delivered at high RPM..

i did not say heavier flywheel :stupid:, i said bigger wheel, bigger DIff gear box, bigger drive shaft; not very much heavier..., all the bigger component can be made of light weight and powerful material, BMW also can put lightweight ALUMINIUM fly wheel, but the size was SAME...

CAN YOU TELL ME WHO YOU ARE???,
woskshop mechanics???, DATUK-datuk????, Apek-APEK???, MENTERI-menteri????, MANAGER??? SCIENTIST???, PILOT????, PROFFESSOR????, ENGINEER???, illegal street racer????, LEGAL RACER???, or just rich-rich people...

those V-tec only won in KL high-way and the BORNEO..,
but nothing in the WORLD proven ground

I HOPE YOU DID NOT COMPARE TWO DIFFERENT VEHICLE CLASSES between the F1 and the
4/2-door passenger car

AND don't PUT the BRUCE LEE, JACKIE CHAN or JET LI kung FU martial arts in this TOPIC!!!
THOSE was POWERED BY BIOLOGYCAL MUSCLE!!!!

i wonder why not the human continue using MUSCLELAR HORSE for daily transportation..,
that will be much more fuel efficient!!, they just eat (expensive grass) and drink water!!!!
or maybe the BUFFOLO and COW-COW which eat cheap grass and drink any water.... LOL

or maybe you go to lead the NUCLEAR power to develope BIOLOGYCAL powered vehicle!!!????
:stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid:

you gonna turn our world into very scary alien hybrid monster world!!

fabianyee;369751 said:

How is that so ?
As RPM increase, the "weight" becomes a burden, throughout every RPM changes!
Energy don't just loss or gain from nowhere. How is ligherflywheel contribute to torque loss ?
And i fully disagree thicker shaft help torque in anyway. The only way it would help is less shaft flex between transmission and diferential. Other than that, it all the same.

And do you know HP = TORQUE at 5252 RPM ?? HP and TORQUE are relevant equation.

turbology;369789 said:
How is that so ?
As RPM increase, the "weight" becomes a burden, throughout every RPM changes!
Energy don't just loss or gain from nowhere. How is ligherflywheel contribute to torque loss ?
And i fully disagree thicker shaft help torque in anyway. The only way it would help is less shaft flex between transmission and diferential. Other than that, it all the same.

And do you know HP = TORQUE at 5252 RPM ?? HP and TORQUE are relevant equation.

when the shaft flex, do the vehicle loss something???????? :stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid::eek:

:stupido: :lollypop: :tomato: :banghead: :34:

HEY turbology,

you want to go back to get your BATMAN suit in USA..???,
i am not the JOKER in the batman movie....

Actually after re-reading JOKER's first post, there is a fundamental flaw to equate the handgrip size of the screwdriver to the size of the shaft...

Using the screwdriver analogy, what turns a screw is the torque applied immaterial which screwdriver is used... The magnitude of torque depends on three quantities: First, the force applied; second, the length of the lever arm connecting the axis to the point of force application; and third, the angle between the two.. Since the angle is the same so we can leave out the 3rd.
So the bigger the grip, the force is applied further away from the axis (aka pivot). hence there's more torque applied compared to one with a small grip...

However, u can't apply the same to the prop shaft because you don't turn the shaft by grabbing and twisting it. The turning force is coming from the crankshaft. that's the source of the 'twist'.. There is no difference in the length of the lever arm connecting the axis to the point of force application.

And for my reasoning for the heavier flywheel in increasing torque, I should be more clear on it.. It doesn't increase the torque output but it retained the turning force better.. It's apparent when you're going up an incline using the same car with both a lightened flywheel and a stock weight flywheel. The one with the stock (heavier) flywheel can maintain its rev easier than the one with a lightened flywheel... I know cos I have my car both with a stock flywheel and lightened flywheel...

fabianyee;369821 said:
And for my reasoning for the heavier flywheel in increasing torque, I should be more clear on it.. It doesn't increase the torque output but it retained the turning force better.. It's apparent when you're going up an incline using the same car with both a lightened flywheel and a stock weight flywheel. The one with the stock (heavier) flywheel can maintain its rev easier than the one with a lightened flywheel... I know cos I have my car both with a stock flywheel and lightened flywheel...

In this case, I kinda support your arguement. You are correct at some extent.
Heavier flywheel will retain the rotational mass, so the rev dont' drop quicker during every gear change.
And vice versa for lighter flywheel.
So you gain some "flywheel energy" when you upshift from 2nd to 3rd. (you arguement correct until here)

But what happen when you shift to 3rd? RPM drop.
Now, your engine need to speed more energy to rotate the flywheel again (and if flywheel is heavier, it need to work harder), before the energy can be transfer to your clutch, then to your transmission, then to your wheel, then to the ground.
More energy is lost at flywheel between up and down of RPM.
Heavier flywheel only help or ease shifting gears, but decrease acceleration/deacceleration.

The driveshaft is connect directly to differential, which also mean the rotation speed of driveshaft is relevant to your vehicle travelling speed (faster you go, faster the driveshaft turn)
Since there is no quick change in RPM on driveshaft, it does not need to hold the rotianal mass.
So thicker shaft help retain the energy and give more torque does not apply.

Top Bottom