Scratch on Car

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
astroboy;468265 said:
I love to stick both mine with yellow protector.. :D .. but wife will ask me to sleep outside for being such an Ah Beng.... :p

Yellow combo with Xenon....confirm Ah Beng..:eek:

astroboy;468193 said:
Try,

HYPERCOAT ENTERPRISES SDN BHD
30, JALAN INDUSTRI USJ 1/1,
TAMAN PERINDUSTRIAN USJ 1,
47600 SUBANG JAYA

TEL: 603-8024-4594

The are Meguair Distributor. Have many detailing Sifu there. Call them first and have your car inspected before dropping in your car for a job. Give them sufficient time.. great result!

Let me know if you want a slightly cheaper place, which is my friend's tyre shop in Subang. Rachel did her car there and was satisfied.

You know la, one is Detailing Shop, one is tyre shop.. :p Your choice.. :D

AB you are talking about detailing or the film for headlight ?

racheltoh;468185 said:
et: buy expensive car...must be willing to spend oh... otherwise just bring a few packs of beers (branded) to AB house in PJ...he can change for u... or u read his DIY thread..u may be able to change yrself too

Expensive car but does not mean maintain "expensively". Price must be value for money la. Option 2 : sounds good. Option 3 : DIY, I cant do it. Maybe will cost me more after unsuccessful attempt.

astroboy;468265 said:
I love to stick both mine with yellow protector.. :D .. but wife will ask me to sleep outside for being such an Ah Beng.... :p

Ah well....deep down inside,I suppose there's an Ah beng in all of us...I'm so touched(tears welling in eyes)

Astro,you gotta good wife.....imagine your car without her...:eek::eek:

VKS paid RM70 only for it? damn!! got faarked again here in kuantan:rolleyes:

champion;467487 said:
I had some deep scratches on my car (pearl blue) unfortunately i can entirely remove it. Tried meguiars, gold class, nxt2, scratch X, autoglym, but to no avail. :(

Damm angry with my maid !!!

any pics to share

There's a company out there offer to spray your headlights with protective lacquer, DON'T DO IT! It peels!

Haha! USD0.25/sq.ft film become RM70 job once stuck on your headlight. Good business model.. :wink:

astroboy;468383 said:
There's a company out there offer to spray your headlights with protective lacquer, DON'T DO IT! It peels!

Haha! USD0.25/sq.ft film become RM70 job once stuck on your headlight. Good business model.. :wink:

Checked it out already. There is a 3M film called InvisibleShield for the headlight. Cost RM350 to fix. Anyone out there know whether the price is reasonable or not.

etquah;470091 said:
Checked it out already. There is a 3M film called InvisibleShield for the headlight. Cost RM350 to fix. Anyone out there know whether the price is reasonable or not.

Yeap,I do...I got that same 3m thingy done here in Kuantan for RM200(E60) and I thought I got faarked...sounds like there are bigger faarkers up there in KL...I should learn to trust Ah Sing more(mental note).

What is the purpose for putting stickers or spraying the headlights? *blur for a while*

etquah;470091 said:

Im still thinking theres not much different with 3M or no M...it gonna take the scratches and chips on it anyway...so depends how fast it worns out the layer then we have to replace with a new one...so my 2 kupang the cheaper one will do as long as it works...:top:

Then again its all up to individual taste lar ...:wink:

racheltoh;470278 said:
What is the purpose for putting stickers or spraying the headlights? *blur for a while*

The purpose is to prolong or safeguard the appearance of your very expensive headlights la.Don't go and spray some dirty looking tint or for that matter put on some Batman stickers on it(like that sure Ah Lian la).This is a clear film which is totally invisible but it is there to protect your headlights from chips or to some point even breakage.Which one cheaper?RM200 for the invisible 3M film or a brand new oliginal headlights?:listen:Yep,I thought so too.

...its like why the mosquito only bite the eyes and not some other parts of the body? The chips / scratches ...happens to all parts of the car right...is the headlights more prone to getting chip / crack?? hmmm

Ok..this is something to consider.. on the "TO DO LIST".

My chips are on the bonnet, scratches on the bumper edges, crack on the windshield. Frankly, I don't see the point of cling-wrapping the headlights either :confused:

VKS;470293 said:
Im still thinking theres not much different with 3M or no M...it gonna take the scratches and chips on it anyway...so depends how fast it worns out the layer then we have to replace with a new one...so my 2 kupang the cheaper one will do as long as it works...:top:

Then again its all up to individual taste lar ...:wink:

The 3M film feels a bit "spongey" so it should absorb impact when hit by pebbles & it comes with 6 years warranty ( not sure against what, peelng perhaps )

racheltoh;470433 said:
...its like why the mosquito only bite the eyes and not some other parts of the body? The chips / scratches ...happens to all parts of the car right...is the headlights more prone to getting chip / crack?? hmmm

Ok..this is something to consider.. on the "TO DO LIST".

Rachel, it has UV protection as well. Means prevent your headlights from turning yellowish ( going turn yellow anyway but with the film the process takes longer )

Schwepps;470466 said:
My chips are on the bonnet, scratches on the bumper edges, crack on the windshield. Frankly, I don't see the point of cling-wrapping the headlights either :confused:

Yo man,you have given the word 'Detailing" a new meaning.

Guna;470504 said:
Yo man,you have given the word 'Detailing" a new meaning.

:D Yeah, true man. But then I feel a car is meant to be used as a car, and if it gets really bad, change or respray the affected area. Standing at the front of the car and looking at the whole surface area presented to road spray, I reckon the headlights represent 3%. And they won't be affected by small stone spray anyway.

My windshield incident was a Fillippe Massa type affair: a CHUNK of concrete fell off a construction crane, bounced on the road, hit my windshield full-on, flew over the car, and I saw it bounce again in the rear-view mirror. It was about the size of a softball. Yet, the windshield didn't shatter. Just a few scratches and a small crack. The scratches disappeared by wiper action, and even the crack is getting less obvious. BMW uses tough glass! :top:

Atleast you're luckier than Massa.I can understand what you meant but the whole point was to try and protect a very expensive headlight with little mulla.Bumper can spray ma.I found this to being a very practical move coz like I've mentioned before,I have a headlight protector on my bike and despite the rest of the front being sandblasted the headlights(which are also bloody expensive) remains nice and newish.Every year or so just send the car for a frontal touch up and it looks like a champion...again.

Then on the other hand,we do have some of us who couldn't be bothered by these trivial stuffs and I respect that too...it's a bit like toilet habits la bro...hehehe

Top Bottom