Scratch on Car

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bsoosay

Club Guest
Hi All,I need some advise. I have a small scratch on my car. Its not worth painting it, because its rather small. But I'm able to notice it and it bothers me. Other than having it painted is there any way for me to touch up that particular part with anything. Any advise? My car is black.

If it not too deep, it can be rubbed/polished off if not entirely.

Nope...it can't be polished off. I tried it. I'm looking for this touch up paint that matches the color of my car. Any suggestions as to where I can find the exact color for my car. Black 323i E90. Is my car color known as Black Sapphire?

i did mine at BHP station somewhere near before TTDI....just before the underpass on LDP...near KDU. dunno the exact Taman name.

Quite good. All the scratches cannot be seen now. light scratches definitely gone. THe deeper one is difficult to cover, but from certain angle, not noticeable. About RM50 per panel. my car also black

I'm happy with the results.

1. use polishing compound that's meant to remove scratches, or
2. since your car is black, go over the scratch with permanent marker ;) ; or else
3. just respray the panel la..

tsk tsk tsk... when i first go hold of my car...i can detect any mark or scratches immediately... now ar.... my car every corner also got marks liao..NEVERMIND.

earlier on, i brought bf to a doctor... they did a very detailing work using Meguiar's product...paid rm300 for entire car.. was satisfied with the results. Most light scratches all gone. Deep ones..not so obvious.

Maybe you could try what they call sand polishing.it might cost you about rm300 but the whole car is very nicely polished plus these guys do quite a good job in removing some deep scratches too.

vikes;467304 said:
i did mine at BHP station somewhere near before TTDI....just before the underpass on LDP...near KDU. dunno the exact Taman name.

Quite good. All the scratches cannot be seen now. light scratches definitely gone. THe deeper one is difficult to cover, but from certain angle, not noticeable. About RM50 per panel. my car also black

I'm happy with the results.

That's Damansara Utama Uptown. The kiosk used to be BP, now converted to BHP, the scratch removal shop was actually the automatic car wash for the kiosk, since business not feasible, the scratch removal fellas took over the car wash.

I had some deep scratches on my car (pearl blue) unfortunately i can entirely remove it. Tried meguiars, gold class, nxt2, scratch X, autoglym, but to no avail. :(

Damm angry with my maid !!!

astroboy;467472 said:
That's Damansara Utama Uptown. The kiosk used to be BP, now converted to BHP, the scratch removal shop was actually the automatic car wash for the kiosk, since business not feasible, the scratch removal fellas took over the car wash.

AB
this is interesting ..are the guys to get the work done nicely? Thinking of sending my car there also..do u happen to know what product brands they are using?

Dunno le.. you know me.. never trust any1 with my car.. not even my maid or the car wash thambi.. I even rotated my RFT today by myself.. :p :D

astroboy;467517 said:
Dunno le.. you know me.. never trust any1 with my car.. not even my maid or the car wash thambi.. I even rotated my RFT today by myself.. :p :D

wah,you very hardworking la.I guess I'm damn lucky coz I've got a maid who does a better job than I.Not only can she wash well but she also grooms well too.I just had to show her the ropes the first time many years ago and now she has beaten me at it.then again every now and then I give her some extra pocket money la just to keep her motivated.She even polishes the rims and chemical clean up the interior every couple of months la.

So far no thambi from any carwash can even come close.vely,vely goood:top:

astroboy;467517 said:

I didnt let my maid wash my car, i am also very particular, no thambi, no maid, just me. But she happen to close the boot and scratched it....

...as far as i know, sand polishing...takes away a thin layer of your clearcoat, have to be careful as to who does it, else it will take too much of your clearcoat and hit your paint, then 'cry oso no use'.

I'm also in the same predicament as bsoosay... my 320i SE is in sparkling graphite and minor scratches are very visible. Just took possession of my car for 3 odd weeks and I have like 4 to 5 scratches already! :-(

Why is it that dark colored cars have light colored scratch marks while white cars for example has dark colored scratch marks?

bsoosay;467721 said:
..What is Sand polishing and where can I get this done?

Sand polishing? Use fine sand paper la.. :p yep, the entire panel will be sanded down to a very thin layer and yes, most of the clear coat is removed in the process. That's why I leave the scratches alone, if my ScratchX couldn't do the job. I just treat it as wear and tear, as long as doesn't rust. My car is not going for any competition ma.. :p

Car detailing center know what to do when it comes to sanding. Do not straight away ask them to sand, they will advise u accordingly. Maybe rubbing compound will do the job, which is a lot less abrasive than sanding.

Look for a reputable one because they have proper technique or instrument to gauge the paint thickness and not simply sand their way down into the primer.. :eek:

Cant avoid the scratches. You dont scratch yourself, someone else do it for you. I also have some many chips on the front bumper & a few paint chips on the bonnet. Anything can be done to avoid this ?

for fine scratches ...not that deep ...i just simply use an eraser to remove it and then polish it ...done ..

ICEMAN 13;467934 said:
for fine scratches ...not that deep ...i just simply use an eraser to remove it and then polish it ...done ..

Cool! Faber Castel? :D

astroboy;467935 said:
Cool! Faber Castel? :D

yup faber castel the white colour one ...not the ink eraser which is blue in colour ....but i've seen some hard scratches ..especially those bumper edges ...being erased used the blue ink eraser ....

make sure when you rub on the paint surface , try to keep the surface as cool as possible ... you don't want to over heat your laquer ....

Top Bottom