sad sad day

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
ouch.. bad news man.. but lucky youre still alive.. just rebuild it slowly.. theres no problem la..

if u have funds problems.. well u just have to replace the important stuff that can make the car running again.. drive without front bumpers also not too bad..

anyway in my case i just like it sideways.. in dry condition also can clutchkick and drift purposely..haha.. btw its a good thing cz u can learn to control your car..

guys
thanx for the kind words
yeah it was raining that evening
yeah shitty mistake only 3rd party insured
yeah have been to AAM's defensive driving course...
as i was going downhill, at bout 30-40km/h..wasnt accelerating at all
felt a bump and the rear starts to swing, i released the pedals and gripped the wheel
tried to counter-steer but i guess it was too slippery+downhill,cudnt recover in time...hit the divider spun n then hit the wall...
Thank God...it was the E30 [n no traffic], otherwise my pregnant wife n myself wont be here anymore...

Ouchh...are you sure you're running 30-40km/h?..the pictures doesn't justified that...or maybe something malfunctioned at the rear....your rear tire's look weird lah....

i'd expect her to be out 5K later. No big deal, keep first. Save up, fix it up slowly.

anakin;547352 said:
Ouchh...are you sure you're running 30-40km/h?..the pictures doesn't justified that...or maybe something malfunctioned at the rear....your rear tire's look weird lah....

yeap,pretty sure..going down tat hill, i'd never speed unless already at the bottom of the hill
the rear wheel is broken...or extremely bent
rims broken

So sorry to hear that. I have my fair share of 360 deg spinning on my E30 on the way up to genting 6-7 years ago. As usual road was wet with some running water across the road. Luckily I did countersteer instead of jamming the brake and the car stopped.
Since you are on 3rd party (who doesn't ???) insurance you have to fork out from your pocket. But the good news is somebody bought a scraped E30 with lots of parts if he/she decide to part it. Better find the feller fast.

"As is" condition.. ? I offer RM3k.. next higher bidder please.. :p

That's outside my house le, in front of Dharoos.

Let's access the damage,

1. This car can run with any 4x100 wheels, slap on a set of Myvi wheel also can pakai d. RM500 for a set.
2. Rear left lower arm 1 set.
3. Oil pan boleh welding ka?
4. Aircond compressor bracket broke, I think can weld too if can't afford new one or can't find chop shop replacement.
5. Front number plate satu.

Kao tim, can jalan d. Bumper slowly cari lor.

Any more other damage?

Hmmn... looks like RM5k for it also a steal la.. :p

Small matter la.. money spent fixing the car or proceed from selling the car "as is" can't even get u a Kancil la! Don't think u have a choice, just do up the car lor.. :top:

Fixable

Shadowplay,
It is not that bad and fixable. Looking at your pictures, what I could see is:

1. Replace rear trailing arm- Easy fix, and not an expensive job
2. Replace the oil pan - Easy fix, and not an expensive job
3. Tech 2 body kit- Well you have to play the waiting game for a kit for a reasonable price.
4. New (used) set of wheels- You know where to look for.

All you have to do is source all you parts rest will be easy.
Hey look at the bright side, Nothing happend to you and you survived, so cheer up :top:

kgb;547425 said:
Bidder number 2.

I offer 6K!!! :listen:

wow...for real? b'cos m really considering of letting go of the car instead of restoring it
[as much as i wud love too, i cant..sob sob]
looking on the bright side...my loss but someone else's gain

If u want to sell then better sell it fast fast before the rust going worsen.

do up the car!! Not worth to just sell it. Wonder what car u gonna buy with that money.

I had my fair share of spinning. It was drizzling and I think someone added some "grease" to the road. E46 spun, counter steered twice but ran out of road..scratched the rear but lost the front bumper. JHappened at Alor Gajah Exit coming from KL. Travel speed about 70km/h. Immediately 2 youngsters out of nowhere showed up trying to "help" at 11pm at night. Becareful!!

shadowplay;547844 said:
so far, 2 parties have shown interest...just still in a daze

well, if you are interested, do PM, lets have a look at what you have there, how bad it is. If all is well, i might be willing to take over your pain of restoring it back.

kgb;548038 said:
well, if you are interested, do PM, lets have a look at what you have there, how bad it is. If all is well, i might be willing to take over your pain of restoring it back.

pm sent...

Top Bottom