run flat tyres

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
3000 per tyre... hmmm..... so if the tyres can last 20,000km...

that's about RM0.60 per km.... That's more than what u'll be paying for petrol per km....

I got a shock when the salesmen told me this is price to pay.

Dont know is correct or not this flat tyres must go into the special rims

Originally posted by cysoon@Feb 7 2005, 10:02 AM
I check with AB last week, it cost 3000 / tyre
RM3000 per piece? price drop already ar? I thought in the previous forum, someone mentioned the run-flat tyres on the 1-series costs RM4000 per piece? In any case, it is still way too expensive

RM3,000 for 1 tyre?! What a joke. Its not as though they are puncture-proof and will last for 100k kms.

The Tire Rack lists the 225/50WR17 Bridgestone Potenza RE050 Runflat for E60 545i for USD205 each. WTF, AB?!

Run flat ?

Last weekend on the way to Kuantan, I saw this 745iL (WLM x) by the roadside. Got puncture wor ... Saw 2-3 people trying to dismantle the tires ...

They are expensive; said to make rides harsher; some even commented the tyres may cause the steering to wander should the road surface not be smooth/flat.

I think a few cans of tyre fixes would be better.

If its affordable i'd get one - you cant imagine how many times more susceptible we are to punctures here in Malaysia with our dirty roads compared to UK/EU. Well worth the investment if sold at a reasonable price. But RM3k a piece is a bit ridiculous.

Originally posted by cysoon@Feb 7 2005, 11:08 AM
I got a shock when the salesmen told me this is price to pay.

Dont know is correct or not this flat tyres must go into the special rims
I think they do not need special rims.
Might be a better idea to use normal tyres once the run flats are gone and keep a bottle of Holts tyre weld in the car boot.
I wonder if those who purchase a new BMW knows the cost of replacing the tyre. I think not and they will surely pengsan when they go back to AB to change the tyres.

Ozone, Thank you very much...........

Would like to get some info from you guys if want to buy a 525 whether to buy from AB , Cartrade Or Naza?

Very confuse pls help

hmm as far i ask check the 225 tyres cost arount 3k plus and the 245 are around 4 k plus.

the rims can be fitted with normal tyres or runflat.
thats what is written in the manual.

also the cost issue from a tyre and battery shop guy says cause nobody elese stocks them as because have to reset something...

hence autobavaria has a manopoly in it??

question is having nitrogen instead of air in the tyre better??

i asked one guy he said yes but dont dare to try on e60 cause said there was some pressure and weight balance sensor

????? :unsure:

Top Bottom