RON97 up 20 sen (again) to RM2.90 (May 5 2011, Thurs)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Soon, there will be little, if any discussion on whether to use Ron 95 or 97. As it is, one full tank of petrol will cost rm60 bucks extra, assuming the tank is left with fumes.

BMWDemon;633357 said:
Change government :)

:listen: change RON better or better still change car hehehehe, .. new govt wont gurantee to change the price of petrol...:biggrin:..

dzuljazz2001;633379 said:
:listen: change RON better or better still change car hehehehe, .. new govt wont gurantee to change the price of petrol...:biggrin:..

Yes, i'm agreed...:top:

LIke it or not , the current admin is smarter (with all those consultants) than the previous. 1st change RON92 to RON95 and make RON97 non-subsidized, then gradually increase the price of RON97 instead of just increase overnight by hefty margin like the previous administration and get cursed by the Rakyat.
For all you know , the RON95 is probably not quite RON95 or worse it is just re-labeled RON92. No independent test to prove the RON rating on the petrol in the local market as far as I know off.

IanDaddy;633462 said:
LIke it or not , the current admin is smarter (with all those consultants) than the previous. 1st change RON92 to RON95 and make RON97 non-subsidized, then gradually increase the price of RON97 instead of just increase overnight by hefty margin like the previous administration and get cursed by the Rakyat.
For all you know , the RON95 is probably not quite RON95 or worse it is just re-labeled RON92. No independent test to prove the RON rating on the petrol in the local market as far as I know off.

Hmm isit? Where was this news article of switching ron 92 and 95?

Update: http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/12/4/nation/20081204193828&sec=nation

Seems like what it says is that RON92 is phased out rather than relabelled...

IanDaddy;633462 said:

:listen: ... bro, RON95 is indeed a RON 95 and not a relabelled RON92. Dont talk abt other oil company suing the latter for "misleading/cheating" the public or for that matter, the oil company itself, suing each other. You really believe the oil gaints are willing to face suits tht cud cost them billions??? :top:

By the way, have you tried the new Petronas RON95? :biggrin:

dzuljazz2001;633471 said:
:listen: ... bro, RON95 is indeed a RON 95 and not a relabelled RON92. Dont talk abt other oil company suing the latter for "misleading/cheating" the public or for that matter, the oil company itself, suing each other. You really believe the oil gaints are willing to face suits tht cud cost them billions??? :top:

By the way, have you tried the new Petronas RON95? :biggrin:

Hehe, racun racun. :p

RON92 was replaced with RON95 sometime back.
I am just speculating that since you and me have no way of knowing the actual RON rating of the fuel, RON92 can be passed off as RON95 since hardly anyone use RON92 before that and have no idea RON95 runs like.

Have tried only half a tank of Petronas 95 Xtra. I will wait till I get a Mesra card. Now still on BHP, they have contest on now.

if they want to float, reduce the damn taxes then. paying market is fine, but still have to pay for taxes?

IanDaddy;633473 said:
RON92 was replaced with RON95 sometime back.
I am just speculating that since you and me have no way of knowing the actual RON rating of the fuel, RON92 can be passed off as RON95 since hardly anyone use RON92 before that and have no idea RON95 runs like.

:listen: there are ways to test RON's of petrol bro and rest assured, there are difference between 92 and 95 and even for 97. Even the VPower is of a different RON. If you are ever around Kuantan, buzz bro and I will show you the test available and the difference between each RON. :biggrin:

:top:...sharing is caring .... :top:

Years back when V-Power was introduced, I sent an enquire email to Shell Malaysia and a lady replied that the then "V-POWER" (no V-POWER 97 / Racing that time) was RON97.

Top Bottom