Rollcall - who has F10?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
macdaque;636078 said:
I used to use Carnauba Spa too previously, but their service has really turned quite bad over the years. They are not as popular now huh? For me, I enjoy washing my cars - get to exercise and carress my baby, both inside and out! For leather, I use Carplan's leather cream - that's the best to retain the original leather smell, and doesn't make the leather shiny (will look old if shiny). I do occasionally add Bio Oil (for skin available in pharmacies, added into the Carplan cream) or even add some a few drops of tea tree oil for that added luxury smell. I treat my leather as my second skin - love the feel of clean and moisturised leather.

Anyone to share exterior car care, and leather care?

ya carnauba has gone down the drain. why u wanna change ur steering wheels? 528i leather sports steering wheel w paddleshift is great what.

Not him la, fastnfurious is the guy changing steering wheel.

Our 520d original steering wheel is thin :(

SaabBMW7443;636094 said:
ya carnauba has gone down the drain. why u wanna change ur steering wheels? 528i leather sports steering wheel w paddleshift is great what.

Not intending to change SaabBMW7443, just interested to know since fastnfurious changing, curious only lah. Anyway, I don't even use the paddelshifters, funny huh? At first, I found the leather sports steering a little too thick to be a family sedan, now gotten used to it.

SaabBMW7443;636061 said:
ya Paul, grey is quite popular. in my neighborhood got 2 greys, if im not mistaken, one silver, one brown and 2-3 blacks :p have u changed ur rims yet? the wheels still look small even though its 19" with 275 for the rear. but it was my intention to keep it looking like a stock car. black color not so shiny esp when its dirty :p btw Paul, do u know by how much does the suspension lower when we set it to regular or sports mode? i presume i should.

My car is still completely stock. And no, ride height does not change la. My previous ride did that, it lowers at highway speed and comes back up in the town too!

macdaque;636101 said:
Not intending to change SaabBMW7443, just interested to know since fastnfurious changing, curious only lah. Anyway, I don't even use the paddelshifters, funny huh? At first, I found the leather sports steering a little too thick to be a family sedan, now gotten used to it.

actually the sport leather steering was one of the many few reasons i decided to go for the 528. its thicker with much better grip. i didnt like my old 523i E60 steering. macdague, i've always had paddle shifters on both my previous saabs, i still have one :p anyway, to me with the old car, it was leceh as u have to shift the gear lever to manual before u can use the paddle shift, end up hardly using it,only when new, but with this beemer ....i've just discover that even on auto mode u can downshift a gear or 2 for a quick pick up (especial when on comfort mode lah, hehe) by just flicking the paddle shift. its awesome as it responses spontaneously :p and the super smooth 8 speed sports auto transmission is just awesome. Nothing like the other german marque with 3 stars.

fastnfurious;635979 said:
love the colour combination!!!! Changing my steering wheel to the m sport one next week!

If u don't mind how much it cost.i loved the sport steeering on my former ride...

paultantk;636105 said:
My car is still completely stock. And no, ride height does not change la. My previous ride did that, it lowers at highway speed and comes back up in the town too!

hhhmmm thought so, i guess i just stiffens up the suspension. too bad lah.... it will look much cooler ya? if i had joined here earlier could have tried to sell my OEM 18" 528 cheap, traded in in singapore for only RM2400. KL tire shop can trade in aboutRM4-5k i think. but the runflat 19" with mix tyres quite mahal thou.

SaabBMW7443;636114 said:
hhhmmm thought so, i guess i just stiffens up the suspension. too bad lah.... it will look much cooler ya? if i had joined here earlier could have tried to sell my OEM 18" 528 cheap, traded in in singapore for only RM2400. KL tire shop can trade in aboutRM4-5k i think. but the runflat 19" with mix tyres quite mahal thou.

Huh? You sold tyres and rims for RM2,400 new??????? El-Cheapo lah! I would have bought it from you, to keep in the store room as spare for my next change! Haiyah! Next time, post first mah before trading in - can drive to Sing and take from you at the shop!

macdaque;636117 said:
Huh? You sold tyres and rims for RM2,400 new??????? El-Cheapo lah! I would have bought it from you, to keep in the store room as spare for my next change! Haiyah! Next time, post first mah before trading in - can drive to Sing and take from you at the shop!

i did think about keeping it first and then look for buyer later, but too lazy to ferry it back.... hahaha. nevermind la. anyway, the tires were brand new some more, as we drove down straight after collecting the car. anynway, all in all, from the few places i checked in kl , some dont wanna take trade in la, (i didnt wanna fill up my storeroom :p) its still cheaper in singapore afterall, very good service, used to send my other cars there too, plus peace of mind that its original BMW.

I dun feel the car lowered when change from comfort to sport mode. Or it actually does but too mild to detect

paultantk;636095 said:
Not him la, fastnfurious is the guy changing steering wheel.

Our 520d original steering wheel is thin :(
Got clearance to explain. Mine just fitted today....:) It doesn't come with the paddle shift...:( I really wanted that too. But I am made to understand that paddle shift only works with the sports automatic transmission. 520D and the 523 comes with the normal 8 speed transmission. So cant get them fitted with the paddles. I wanted to put some photo's but not sure how to do it. The attachment button above the box asks for a URL.

Its great. If you ask me personally its much much better than the thin one. Ingress said I was the first one to get it fitted.....They really did a great job on it. Costs about 11k to get it done.

Man its still really scary driving the car. Not used to its size....first BMW........the hair stands on my hand everytime a motorbike passes me (for fear of them knocking off my side mirrors)..........hope this passes by fast so I can really enjoy the car!!!

If someone can advice how to put photos Ill put some shots I took just now.

fastnfurious;636376 said:
Got clearance to explain. Mine just fitted today....:) It doesn't come with the paddle shift...:( I really wanted that too. But I am made to understand that paddle shift only works with the sports automatic transmission. 520D and the 523 comes with the normal 8 speed transmission. So cant get them fitted with the paddles. I wanted to put some photo's but not sure how to do it. The attachment button above the box asks for a URL.

Its great. If you ask me personally its much much better than the thin one. Ingress said I was the first one to get it fitted.....They really did a great job on it. Costs about 11k to get it done.

Man its still really scary driving the car. Not used to its size....first BMW........the hair stands on my hand everytime a motorbike passes me (for fear of them knocking off my side mirrors)..........hope this passes by fast so I can really enjoy the car!!!

If someone can advice how to put photos Ill put some shots I took just now.

Go to photobucket.com......register an account. Free anyways. Upload the pics (follow the instructions)...then copy and paste the pics/album link here. Super easy!! Of course, trial n error a few times but its easy.

Here we go.......as you can tell am not a good photographer....
asparmar

asparmar

asparmar

Did it work?

fastnfurious;636384 said:

looks very good bro! good decision to change it. but cant believe it cost RM11k w/o the paddle shifts, but then again yeah 520d n 523 doesnt come with sports transmission. anyway it definitely looks good, on top of the better feel and grip right? :p dont worry, i scratched my car after 2 days in a tight basement parking lot in kl. what to do? hahaha

Top Bottom