Review on BMW E65 (2005) model?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

edmundloh

I am considering to get a 2005 E65 for my mother.

But I would like to get first hand opinions from members who own(ed) or drove this particular model before. Anything to be wary of?

So far I've looked up quick reviews on Google but nothing really solid - one thread in an international forum complaining about it but replies suggest he got a 'lemon' car - and another said the LCI made improvements over pre-LCI which was panned upon launch during its time.

Making considerations now, as I am planning to have my mother's car replaced anytime soon or within the next couple of months. Thought of giving her something comfy to ride in (and I get to enjoy being passenger when I go back home too)

Edmund

Btw anything else I should foresee in terms of maintenance cost?

Besides the roadtax for a 3.6 V8 engine.

Edmund

This is a kind of car that needs attention every now & then. For us BMW lovers this is something that we prepared for. For others this is considered hassle. Don't know whether your mother is prepared for this or not.

I have an E66 2008 for sale. you may visit my post on "My E66 730Li" post which detail the maintenance cost for the past 5 years.
the car is in immaculate condition. Reason for sale is I have upgraded to the latest G12 730Li.

wah EL, skipped F02, terus G12...

congrats bro...how is the G12 performing?

Hi Maccasel, I would say that, with its powerful turbo and light carbon core body, the drive is awesome!

Top Bottom