Is BMW reliable?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
tIANcI;811733 said:
BMW E90 325 - 1 year old - 10 weeks in workshop, comfort access sucks after 2 repairs, got more issues
CRZ - 1 year old - FAMOUS in BMWCOM Forum!!!!!

Whahahaha ...

It's not how long you live, but the life in the years that you lived :)

ALBundy;811737 said:
It's not how long you live, but the life in the years that you lived :)
I like my Honda civic n accord, still.hv it. Certainly can relate to the drive u get from a bimmer. Not to take the punt, it is not just how reliable the drive but how much u enjoyed the drive.

tIANcI;811733 said:
BMW E90 325 - 1 year old - 10 weeks in workshop, comfort access sucks after 2 repairs, got more issues

Whahahaha ...

..i believe what you saying is truth..but your statement, should be valid if provided workshop and persons who directly use to work on your vehicle are pro's who does their business without trial and error principle, and with use of proper tools, and original spare parts corresponding vehicle require..if previously mentioned steps were respected, then there is serious chance that vehicle came to you as lemon one ? however, at the end, its about personal experience..same as you have issues with your BMW, and have bad comments about it, I claim opposite as none of my 4 BMW's I have had, gave me any problem deeper than changing pressure switch and that happened once only..

tIANcI;811733 said:

Whahahaha ...

Sorry to hear. I will be peeved to if New car hv so much issues. My previous ride 8+ yrs e46, only normal maintenance until It's 8th started more wear n tear.

Guys ... No one is asking about the drive. Its about reliability.
Ecco ... My bimmer is 1 year old. Owned new. You think I go to Ah Cheong Workshop.

Talk to used car dealers if you want to talk reliability. Reality check ok.

ALBundy;811759 said:
But I have never heard of your CRZ?

How fast around Sepang? :)

That's because you don't come out with us la. Best time around Sepang? Hmmmm ... Malu la. Me only been to Sepang a few times. But I did outrun a fully modded RX7. He blew his engine. LOL

With all due respect to TS, if his first question is to ask if a BMW is reliable, then he's getting the wrong car, better go get a Jap. Dont get me wrong here, but most if not all the dudes in here are people who love their rides no questions asked. Reliability ranks lower in a list of 'why am i driving a BMW'. If you read through the threads (yes do read the forum subsections and you'll understand and make up your mind about owning a BMW), you'd find all sorts of info/stories/adventures/mishaps/experience on how much the guys had spent their hard earned money to restore, upgrade, mod, beautify and all other stuff that falls in between. Bite the bullet to achieve self satisfaction. A fresh car (be it BMW, Toyota, Felari or even Perodua etc etc...) out of the production line if it is destined to be a lemon, would end up as a lemon in the end no matter what.....

Again i ask the TS, what do YOU look for in a BMW? What do YOU see in a BMW?

BMW is never associated with reliability lah. All the expert opinions above are good testimonials. However, if you are talking about driving experience, then it's a whole new different world. Nothing beats that RWD handling and 50:50 weight distribution.

If you wanna get a BMW, always keep a backup Jap. Best combination.

In short, reliability = Japs, driving experience = Bayerische Motoren Werke

Top Bottom