Recon E60's Price

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

teppo123

Club Guest
Hi, jz wonder if anyone interested to share thier car price, reason is for everyone's reference and also for those who are getting a new one...:wink:Mine, bought in 2007 August @ RM265KSpec: Japan High-Line 525iYear: 2005 Colour : BlackWheel: 18" M Sports rim but not M sportOther Spec: Sun Roof, window blind, bi-xenon, navigator (but cannot use), Value now is only RM180k, want to cry oledi:20:

Fren, actualli i also interest to buy one unit 525i but i dun knw wan to nuy new engin or old engin? That day, i test drive recon 05 m-spot uk spec new engin the power is very good n everything also ok but only that dun hv memory seat, the price is checp open price 240k after nego 230k, but i dun like it coz dun hv memory seat, but i still wan to try test drive 05 jpn spec non-mspot new engin see the different? Not try yet! So now the market all car also down.......too bad!

rumours have it that the banks are going to revise (increase) the interest rate soon despite the economy gloom... I read it from today's The Star...
bro... old engine has 192bhp while the new engine is 218bhp... depending on which type of driver you are... if you love spirited drive, go for the engine with higher horse power. Those E60 of late 2005 should have this...Alternatively, you can also buy the old engine and then re-map the ECU which will increase your horsepower by 10% or so... cheaper this way.
Bear in mind that the model from year 2006 onwards have Push Start Button which is very cool... mine don't have coz it's 2005!!!

thule;414480 said:
rumours have it that the banks are going to revise (increase) the interest rate soon despite the economy gloom... I read it from today's The Star...

oh is it? bank is going to increase the interest rate, yesterday i went to test drive C-180 E204 Kompressor and the salesman told me that the interest rate is around 3% or more, when i say my interest is 2.2% during the time i bought the E60, after i left the showroom 1 hour time he call me back, sir, if you book the car today u can still get the same interest rate as previously u get, i ask him what about my E60 2005 525i? he answer errrrrrrr..... i think your BM value now will not more than 180k leh, very difficult le... (he even never go n see the car), then i say: bro, mine is with sunroof, high-line, with this n that, the salesman say, no lah, we dont see this type of thing lah, we based on the car's manufacturer year to trade your car, oh like that ah, let me think about first lah...
u see friend, when we buy the car that time salesman always say this is high-line, got sunroof lah, got m-sport wheel lah, bi-xenon lah, memory seat lah, your car even can trade higher price in future when u sell your car...
but when time u want to change your car they will tell u they are base on the car manufacturer year to trade-in... I think no matter your engine is newer or older version or with m5 or m-sport body kit, high-fi system, new led tail light....., the price will still be the same right? ha ha funny ah:stupid:

that's why never mod your car extensively unless:
1) you are filthy rich and don't mind to incur the losses... what matters to you now is the look of your ride at that moment!
2) you don't mind the hassle take off everything that you have put on the car and sell them on ebay or this site to minimise losses.

All those stuff that the salesman said to you when you are looking for new car is just to fuel you up, motivate and urge you to buy the car possibly before you leave the showroom... it's different story when you wanna trade-in the car for a newer ride.

You see... my bro had bought an E46 fr Company A recently and wanted to trade-in his Lancer... initially the salesman said that it was RM47k... he sent the car to other used car dealer, Company B (coz they don't sell second hand car)... the valuation came back at RM42k... he said something about the transmission problem la.. this la that la... I was so pissed off that I decided not to sell the car... not long after, the Company B called my bro and offered back at RM47k... according to him, the Company A's salesman wanted a share of the profit made from the sale of Lancer... so by dealing directl with Company B, he could offer the original rate... those salesmen out there are just a pack of hungry wolves... waiting to pounce on you if given the opportunity...
My advice is sell directly thru Motor Trader, BMWclubmalaysia.com...

neomaster_001;420821 said:
bmw7833, mind sharing which action u went to? seems interesting

That's my fren who bought the car, not me. He stay in Pg as well.

180K?? Damn. I bought mine in 05 from Auto Bavaria for 398K. Two months later, they launched the M-Sport version for 10K more. I wrote a very nasty letter to BMW Malaysia because of that.

Guess that's 200K+ down the drain. :(

dude its very normal and common in our world. just like how i remember dated youth age, im crazy about PC gadgets stuff. bought today for 2k next two weeks drop at least 30%. philosophy is as long as u comfortable with it, then just move onwards n ignore the price tat varies often which tend to make u sux more if u keep on value n compare it from times to times. LOL as u know...car = DEPRECIATED (be it in speedy way or slow). u don wan be a sucker...go invest on house than u have reason with big smilling later on...hehe

Except for real estate related, and some collectibles, evergreen branded stuff.... most of the things that we bought will depreciate in value. I agree with what chookleng said here... that is why I never look back at the prices once I made the purchase. Just like my E60, the moment I dumped $$$ to beautify my ride, I know that I won't recoup back those money!
But now that I own my dream car, I move on with properties... at least it gives me positive return on investment :D

chookleng;422989 said:
dude its very normal and common in our world. just like how i remember dated youth age, im crazy about PC gadgets stuff. bought today for 2k next two weeks drop at least 30%. philosophy is as long as u comfortable with it, then just move onwards n ignore the price tat varies often which tend to make u sux more if u keep on value n compare it from times to times. LOL as u know...car = DEPRECIATED (be it in speedy way or slow). u don wan be a sucker...go invest on house than u have reason with big smilling later on...hehe

thule;414480 said:
bro... old engine has 192bhp while the new engine is 218bhp... depending on which type of driver you are... if you love spirited drive, go for the engine with higher horse power. Those E60 of late 2005 should have this...Alternatively, you can also buy the old engine and then re-map the ECU which will increase your horsepower by 10% or so... cheaper this way.
Bear in mind that the model from year 2006 onwards have Push Start Button which is very cool... mine don't have coz it's 2005!!!

Bro Leo, how to do this?? re-map the ECU which will increase your horsepower by 10% or so..

teppo123;414492 said:
oh is it? bank is going to increase the interest rate, yesterday i went to test drive C-180 E204 Kompressor and the salesman told me that the interest rate is around 3% or more, when i say my interest is 2.2% during the time i bought the E60, after i left the showroom 1 hour time he call me back, sir, if you book the car today u can still get the same interest rate as previously u get, i ask him what about my E60 2005 525i? he answer errrrrrrr..... i think your BM value now will not more than 180k leh, very difficult le... (he even never go n see the car), then i say: bro, mine is with sunroof, high-line, with this n that, the salesman say, no lah, we dont see this type of thing lah, we based on the car's manufacturer year to trade your car, oh like that ah, let me think about first lah...
u see friend, when we buy the car that time salesman always say this is high-line, got sunroof lah, got m-sport wheel lah, bi-xenon lah, memory seat lah, your car even can trade higher price in future when u sell your car...
but when time u want to change your car they will tell u they are base on the car manufacturer year to trade-in... I think no matter your engine is newer or older version or with m5 or m-sport body kit, high-fi system, new led tail light....., the price will still be the same right? ha ha funny ah:stupid:

welcome to reality brother haha

opposite_lock;422986 said:
180K?? Damn. I bought mine in 05 from Auto Bavaria for 398K. Two months later, they launched the M-Sport version for 10K more. I wrote a very nasty letter to BMW Malaysia because of that.

Guess that's 200K+ down the drain. :(

so, wat they said??

bc23;423109 said:
so, wat they said??

They gave me some BS about the cars being cheaper to produce due to economies of scale, etc. etc. Naturally, I wasn't very pleased. Having said that, I must say Chris Lee - I forgot his position - from BMW Malaysia handled my complaint very well. He did everything in his power to try to satisfy my demands. My demands weren't met entirely - they weren't about to take my car back and give me a new one as I demanded! - but they did compensate me in some other manner. In the end, the compensation was nothing significant at all, but at least he tried. So kudos to him.

Actually my beef wasn't with BMW Malaysia. It was with Auto Bavaria. They told me the car prices were going up and all that jazz, which sparked me to buy my car at that time instead of waiting for the new batch to arrive. In actual fact, they had no such information from BMW Malaysia so they completely mislead me. I'll never buy another car from AB again.

How to do this??? Pay $$$ and let them do the job loh... they will plug their laptop with the latest software onto your car's ECU... then remap your engine and gives you additional increase in horsepower and better fuel economy...
for M54 engine, it should be cheaper but for N52 engine like mine, the last time I asked it cost in the region of RM3k-4k :eek: depending on which shop do it for you :D my bro did on his E46 and now his car is more powerful and according to him, last him 100km more on his normal driving habit... :top:

bc23;423107 said:
Bro Leo, how to do this?? re-map the ECU which will increase your horsepower by 10% or so..

HI all, just got my recon 525i high line japan spec with new engine and push start button. 263k, is this price ok? I surveyed the market both penang and kl and so far it is within this range but I think maybe there are cheaper???

Top Bottom