Rear Fog Light

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

soorian

Club Guest
Sifus,For e46 rear fog light got 1 or 2 ? Please advise. My Mech says got only 1 :dunno:

euro regulation 1 only on the driver side....

Has been discussed before, somewhat..

Originally posted by fabianyee@Apr 29 2005, 09:47 AM
euro regulation 1 only on the driver side....

Has been discussed before, somewhat..
don'y we have two as I had both :yes:

Very Easy.

1.Start your Engine
2.on your lights - Then check at the rear which light is on
3. On you Rear fog light, then check your rear again for extra light which is on after

:p

No.
E36 had two.
E46/E39 had two in early batches
E46/E39 has one in newer batches

hehehee....damm "sui" ...

But seriously, only one (on the right) saja laa.. the other side kosong one, maybe someone took the bulb away!!?? :D

Originally posted by NumberTWO@Apr 29 2005, 11:36 AM
hehehee....damm "sui" ...

But seriously, only one (on the right) saja laa.. the other side kosong one, maybe someone took the bulb away!!?? :D
apa susah add one more for me it serve to light shoot for those guys on their high beam and use for rainny days at lease far people can see your back. I still feel most models BMW had 2 done tell me as a BM owner you did'nt realise all this. check out. :rofl:

Not quite true. All of you have both at least until model year 2001.

In reality, both the left and right hand light units have rear fog light bulbs installed in them. But under the Euro law, it is only wired to light up on the driver's side. This is done by simply not putting in the power wire from the light socket to the connector during assembly. The Euro law was passed many years ago because people got confused when both sides light up. They cant tell the side of the car and it looks too much like brake lights with a malfunctioning 3rd brake light.

I modified my 97 E36 to light up both by putting in a simple wire across both the left and right hand units. I later located the power connector and replaced the wire with a short wire from the light socket to achieve the same purpose.

I did it again on my 2001 E39.

Top Bottom