Rear electric blinds

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Faiz

Club Guest
Hi allAnyone knows where I can buy and install the rear electric blind for e34s? Is oem model available and how much compared to other aftermarket brands if any? I remember this topic in the old forum. Thnaks for your views. Cheers.Faiz :)

Faiz, I can get the rear blinds brand new, but you need to get a few things 1) the back board where the motor and blind is mounted and 2) a different center console where the switch is mounted on (alternatively you can mount the switch on the dashboard if you want to).

The board can be found in singapore!!! Wanna go down south and look for it hehe???

Thought you would reply, Al. Hehehe...Anyway, why the board in S'pore? If they have new units here, the mounting boards must be here as well? Well, perhaps it is ori in certain models only. Singapore too far mar to go look for it - maybe if somebody is going for other things can kirim the board...Cheers!

Faiz

my car came wiv it when i bought, i must say its quite impressive, u feel like james bond at 1st wiv dat sorta gadget feelin jakun at one time switchin it on n off n on gain, n off gain, hahaha. :D

wuz told its bout RM1+k fr AB fer my e46 dat comes as an optional accessory, unsure how true tho. i'll try to ask around on monday ... :)

rgds, B)
kahar abdullah

My car came with it and I also have the switch mounted near the rear passenger aircon vents. The whole original setup but the blinds were nowhere to be found! Being a curious person by nature, I dismantled the rear seat and removed the board (parcel shelf) and lo and behold! Someone had hidden the whole electric blind unit under the board and plugged it out as well.

Why would the previous owner do that? I also found some broken glass bits near the area. I want to fix it back but can't figure out how it's mounted. :dunno:

Originally posted by bimmerman@Apr 1 2005, 06:32 PM
My car came with it and I also have the switch mounted near the rear passenger aircon vents. The whole original setup but the blinds were nowhere to be found! Being a curious person by nature, I dismantled the rear seat and removed the board (parcel shelf) and lo and behold! Someone had hidden the whole electric blind unit under the board and plugged it out as well.

Why would the previous owner do that? I also found some broken glass bits near the area. I want to fix it back but can't figure out how it's mounted. :dunno:
Bimmerman, and Kahar....

He asking for E34 la.... yr rides are E34 meh??? :blink: :blink: :blink:

Faiz,

I oso interested in getting one, but at that kinda prices (RM1K), are u better off with a full 6 windows tinted with V-Kool or other brands?? I am using SolarGard, no complains from anyone in the back-seat so far. :yes: :yes: :yes:

yeah, only you and "ahem"......are in the back seat how to complain.........kekekee

anyways,

i got after market one from SG, and since mine is a 2 door, it just beats going thru' the seats to raise it up manually, so i got the electric one, controlled from the center console,

and oppsss mein car niche ein E34, sorry......but still electric blinds are way cool...!!!!!

advise, go get one, used or new, its just cool ( pun intended)

Yup! My ride is definately a E34 right on. No mistake about that. Don't know why the previous owner would hide the electric blinds away. :dunno: Maybe the rear windscreen got smashed and the blinds were damaged. But the blinds look ok to me. If only I can figure out how to install it back. Anyone with blinds on their E34 please post a picture. Would definately help Faiz and I!

Mine (E34) came with the original blind. Was told that only the last few batches comes with it. However that damn thing is not reliable. When I got the car from my fren, it work OK. A week after that, when I open it, it would not come down. Apparently the connection at the switch the centre console is not working. After some bang-bang (slammed with my fist) it works.. But for another 3 days, then this time when I close it, the thing closed half only (the kind that you see on Wira). Again, use my manpower (bang again with fist) then went down. Tried to lubricate it with WD40, Silicone spary and even engine oil pun tak boleh. I dare not even open it now.

bimmerman, try this and see if you have all the parts for it,

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.do?PHPS...700&hg=51&fg=60

armereth,

you need to replace switch, or get it overhauled, guru jarance can help with it, and me too
but im not in kl at the moment, and hardly
attend the TT, your switch could be stuck or corroded, it needs to be opened up and cleaned thoroughly, other then that, there is a loose connection somewhere or a bad earth body connection

Originally posted by teejay@Apr 3 2005, 11:32 AM
bimmerman, try this and see if you have all the parts for it,

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.do?PHPS...700&hg=51&fg=60

armereth,

you need to replace switch, or get it overhauled, guru jarance can help with it, and me too
but im not in kl at the moment, and hardly
attend the TT, your switch could be stuck or corroded, it needs to be opened up and cleaned thoroughly, other then that, there is a loose connection somewhere or a bad earth body connection
Thanks

PM me when you are available. It is both the switch and the blind that need checking.

Cheers

no worries,

will get in touch when im back in kl,

meanwhile stop hitting the poor thing, u gonna create a whole in ur car if yer continue.....!!!!!

cheers!

Errrr.... guys.....

Anywhere to get the blinds??? :blink: :blink: :blink:

Hey Teejay, this is what I pulled out of my rear parcel deck of my E34. What do you think? Any hope of salvaging it or do I need to replace the whole dang thang you think? :dunno:

theres a rear sun blind fer sale on ebay.com.my now.. but says it fits all e39 :)

rgds, B)
kahar abdullah

looks as if everything is there, there maybe a hook or something near the rear windscreen to hold the upper handles upright

and it also looks as if the blinds need some re-engineering to get it up to roll, eg hook up with the sidesof the railings

need to test if the motor is in good condition or working, or else pointless

need to check if there is a wiring loom from the reqar parcel shelf to somewhere centre of dashboard, dunno where exactly

probably can do a re-install if i can have a look at working models

think we can try to salvage it before giving up hope...

bimmerman,

i think that the top rail is missing to be attached to the both arms,
the rest of the other barang is still there, the motor should last and the make sure the relay box is ok !

did a DIY for my car thanks to OSF..

regards.

Top Bottom