radio malfunction or function incorrectly

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jun_yap

Club Guest
Hi to all Beemers,I'm newbie here and i had a e39 523i year 2000.I facing a problem that my radio when turning the volume knob suddenly it will go to explode volume, normally now i'm using steering malfunction to adjust the audio volume only. And the sound only coming out from driver seat speaker only, others don't have sound. Suspect the audio player defect.Kindly ask is there any specialize to send for repair this audio player? Cause if wanna change to the taiwan touch screen audio player quite expensive.Regards,yap

Hi Yap, i own a BMW E46 currently. My cousin had some problem of radio with his E39 last time, he tried to find some repair shop to fix it, yet he changed another touch screen dvd player which i think it's a reasonable price. I'm also looking for some android dvd player for my E46. If you have solved your problem or you found any nice dvd for your E39?

Bro, maybe just go to a chop shop and buy a replacement second hand radio, if it is a MID unit you can get about 300-400 only. Post a photo of your current radio.

Also maybe you can try swapping the MID unit with a member here during TT just to test first, it takes only 1 torx screwdriver to remove and refit, and takes less than just two minutes to do.

If you do buy a replacement MID and the display is bad, I can repair that for you.

Btw I dont think your current radio unit can be repaired here.

Bro, maybe just go to a chop shop and buy a replacement second hand radio, if it is a MID unit you can get about 300-400 only. Post a photo of your current radio.

Also maybe you can try swapping the MID unit with a member here during TT just to test first, it takes only 1 torx screwdriver to remove and refit, and takes less than just two minutes to do.

If you do buy a replacement MID and the display is bad, I can repair that for you.

I have a spare MID + cassette player from my year 2003 e39. But the display is not that good. Other than that its working perfectly.
If you would like to test to confirm whether ur current MID is having problem, you may contact me.

haywire;845608 said:

Same problem...

Sorry Guys to interrupt...I got the same problem plus all my driver's side speakers are not functioning. I have swap the speakers to the passenger's side and ts working fine.....what could cause this problem? Can the headunit be repaired?

Attached is the head unit that comes with my E39.

My radio doesn't turn off itself. It will go off the moment you switch off the ignition but a few seconds later it will start playing itself like a ghost..spooky eh?

This has drained my battery I found out. So the solution is either I turn it off manually before I switch off the ignition or if am not using the car for a few days,I will disconnect the battery.

Problem solved.

The only hassle when you reconnect the battery is just to update the clock and the date.

Surprisingly the radio station memory stays intact. I don't know how is this possible..

Cheerios

- - - Updated - - -

My radio doesn't turn off itself. It will go off the moment you switch off the ignition but a few seconds later it will start playing itself like a ghost..spooky eh?

This has drained my battery I found out. So the solution is either I turn it off manually before I switch off the ignition or if am not using the car for a few days,I will disconnect the battery.

Problem solved.

The only hassle when you reconnect the battery is just to update the clock and the date.

Surprisingly the radio station memory stays intact. I don't know how is this possible..

Cheerios

Top Bottom