Radar Detector

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
A couple of months ago, just before ops sikap I created history. The traffic police stopped me for driving 161km/hr. Normally, I never received summons for driving at that speed. They shot the laser gun right after Tapah R&R (at night) but I got stopped 40km later. I was trailing a southbound Honda City with no intention of overtaking him, let alone starting a drag race. I just wanted him to show me the way in darkness of the night. My first impression when the officer stopped me was that I still have outstanding summonses. But, I was wrong. Their laser gun just got better. My "stealth" technique by hiding behind the Honda City during night time didn't work anymore. Just wondering any of you forummers receive speeding tickets driving in excess 160 km/hr lately?

I have a friend who said and i quote "Above 200 km/h, our police radar detectors for 'civillian' roads cannot detect a car travelling at that speed."

Our radar detectors are somewhat 'obsolete' compared to the ones used in Europe or States. But ours still have 'detectors in the detector detecting if we use detectors'......o.0

My friend is 40+ yrs old and drives a heavilly modded 350Z Fairlady. He has a speedo that reads 360km/h. And he travels up and down our highways from Penang to JB often. He has been driving up these highways for almost 20 years and has NEVER had a speeding ticket. And i told him my pet turtle can fly.

He said they do stop him at raodblocks ahead but the cops are not sure its the same car. They jsut see something very fast and red in colour. Hard to believe but thats the story. Hmmmm.....

Top Bottom