Quality Problem of New CKD E60

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kiapeng

Club Guest
Took delivery of a new CKD E60 520i from AB 2 weeks ago, the car is giving noticeable squeking sound, especially from both side of window/door panels, can you believe this ??Spoke to my salesman and he said need to change rubber seal to rectify the problem. Found out from another friend who took delivery of the same car earlier and he is having the same problem.MD of BMW said in his recent EDGE interview that BMW wants to take pole position in thier sales, I wonder how they can achieve this ?!

Despite my allegiance to all things BMW, I remember sending my new E46 325i back to Auto Bavaria 3 years ago after only having it for 2 weeks with a list of 16 defects, mostly bodywork such a misaligned boot etc. They kept the car for 2 weeks to do the necessary rectification but were nice enough to extend me a courtesy E36 328i during that period. So, this is not a new grievance at all. However, I think BMW must get their act together in this area cos the new CKD E-Classes are "spot-on" in terms of build quality.

Originally posted by Juan Powerblow@May 11 2005, 10:18 AM
However, I think BMW must get their act together in this area cos the new CKD E-Classes are "spot-on" in terms of build quality.
i dont know about the e-class, but my aunty's 1 week old C class just died on the road one fine day for no apparent reason... :dunno:

A fren took delivery of one of the early production CKD 525 E60. He had to take it back to fix amonst other things, rain water leaking into the cabin, noisy power steering.

My boss bought a new E class and changed it for a new E60 530 after a month when it died on him on the road twice. Hey both are CBU!

Originally posted by saat@May 12 2005, 06:15 AM
My boss bought a new E class and changed it for a new E60 530 after a month when it dies on him on the road twice.
In this instance, I would bear with the pwobwems cos no E-Class in Malaysia can come close to an E60 530i's performance, heh!

first batch of ckd e60, sigh! i suppose it is inevitable... until they get the production QA sorted out...

Its been almost 2.5 mths since I took delivery of my E60 525. So far it is still moving and really a dream to drive. However, it is not without its faults, like most continental cars. The creaking noise from the doors I've got that too. Noise from the steering wheel, not yet. Engine dying on my while driving, touch wood has not happen!!

The few complaints I had made to AB 1.5mths ago has not been ractified. They are:
(1) Paint work on the inside rear two wheel wells is pealing slightly. Could be a preparing over sight before the spraying.
(2) Alignment of the hood is off by about 2mm.
(3) The letter "W" on the passenger door side step is missing!!
(4) The blue tooth phone can't syn with my latest Nokia. It only works with the first generation bluetooth!! (Why can't they just up date the software???)
(5) They can't remove the useless handphone kit in the armrest either cos' that would mean screwing with the electronic system...a NO NO!!

I guess one of these day I will call up the workshop manager and give him a piece of my mind for this dealy. He was suppose to have prepared a courtesy car for me to use while fixing up my complaints. Guess it is not as urgent a matter to them. BMW Malaysia...I hope you are reading this forum!!!

Top Bottom