Q8 fully synthetic oil, certification diff between BMW Special Oil vs LongLife 0#?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

viewfinder

Club Guest
Guys,Anyone knows the difference? Which one is "better" in terms of protection & smoothness (@cold & hot), fuel consumption, etc if I limit the choice to within Q8 only, E46 N42, 10K km service interval? All fully synthetic below.Q8 Formula Special 5w/30 -- BMW Longlife (LL) 04Q8 Formula F1 10W-50 -- BMW Special Oil (developed for the British Touring Car Championships)Q8 Formula Excel 5W-40 -- BMW Special OilAnd does anyone know the significance of the numeric number behind the BMW LL? I saw some oil has BMW LL01 certification, some LL04 as above, some LL08?!

Thanks GT35R-BMW.

I was told by Cosmic people that "LL ##" is that latest certification than the older "Special Oil".

Any heard of engine oil called Turco? I couldn't find the company web site.

Torco is not too bad. Tried the SR5 5w50
It doesnt really suit my taste on oils.
Its really good at the beginning but tends to deteriote after 4k km or so..
Im still sticking to Motul 300v Competition.

Am using torco... It's very smooth and light.... can really feel the different...

Fabianyee,

Is it recommended to use Q8 Oils ATF ED-15 or any other range of ATF from Q8 Oils for my E46? Please advice.

Cheers.

the Q8 ATF ED(Extended Drain)-15 is a DEXRON III grade ATF which can be used for most modern autobox. But I can't say for sure whether your E46 gearbox use special grade ATF. U may have to check your car manual for the ATF spec. However, I do think that it can be used for your gearbox.

Finally decided to get the Excel 5W40 in Penang for the E46. Since I'm not gonna service at cholestrol-building 25K km interval, foregoing the LongLife04 designation's Special and save some $$.

2323054415_5c31cd02c3_o.jpg

Aiks! so ngam wan? I just bought the same at RM159 from ENEOS 1U. Now contemplating to switch to Q8 Special 5W-30, which is a recommended spec for E90..

Top Bottom