Proud New Owner Of An E34 With A Small Problem

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

JLopez

Club Guest
I have just gotten myself an E34 520i year 95 single vanos and it feels good however I do have a problem, the previous owner's mechs were not able to determine the reason for the problem, so here I am, The problem is that sometimes when I start the car after having driven it, the temperature needle jumps up to the red point, then what i have to do is rev the car with the aircon off and the temp comes down. This also happens when I'm stuck in a jam sometimes and what i do is turn off the ac and rev the car and it comes down quite fast. The fan clutch is new, radiator is about a year old and all the hosing seems fine, dont know if it is an electrical problem. Anybody encounter the same problem b4? Feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks all in advance.

Thanks for all the feedback, will try and change the thermostat. While we are at it, could anyone recommend a good mechanic who is not going to cut my throat, new owner of a UDM here and I know that there are loads of places that handle UDMs but which ones are reliable? Im in Sunway Damansara area, near Kota Damansara btw.

Frankie;300092 said:
Can try, XXX is the expert in overheating..

This is soooooo funny!!!! Cant stop laughing lah!!! All the guys who are regulars on road trips would know!!! :21: :21: :21: :21: :21: :21: :21:

..i'm not laughing......i'm not laughing hehe....

Bro JLopez. u can try DTM at bandar pinggiran subang not far from kota damansara.
Quite reasonable and they loooove doing bimmers. The taukey using e34 oso.

pls check ur air con fan...ur car get overheat when traffic jam mainly is ur engine fan or air con fan faulty .......

Top Bottom