pros n cons having Iphone integrate with E9x

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

racheltoh

Club Guest
E46F suggested I get a Iphone *comes with maxis package* n integrate with E9x.. what are some of the pros n cons?I'm using Nokia N80 or Nokia 6500 bluetooth to connect for hands-free. Ipod connected thru AUX for music.

Dunno la. I often switch off my phone when I'm driving so that nothing distracts me from enjoying my drive. :p

I lagi best, I never use a bluetooth handfree before.. :p If phone ring, just activate speaker phone, throw the phone on the dashboard, over a sticky pad and start shouting... :p

i uses htc diamond 2 and i set the bluetooth on full time even when im out of the car..that way it stay connected whenever im inside my car by default. have been using the bluetooth since day one and i can tell u...i am so used to it especially when i set the touch sensitive botton to 5 most frequent number like wife/mum/maid/etc...just i touch and i can get connected..soo convenient.

i would imagine using iphone..it will make full use of ur phone not only when u wanna make a phone call..but also as a music storage. go n get it!!

I've been asking this same question about Iphones..would it automatically synchronize the contacts in the phone with the car?

The iDrive will read your Phonebook contacts and you can select and dial via iDrive - quite fun/interesting. The iDrive doesnt do SMS though. But the cons is that the iPhone drains batt faster cos it uses Bluetooth to sync, call, etc.

3er;455998 said:
The iDrive will read your Phonebook contacts and you can select and dial via iDrive - quite fun/interesting. The iDrive doesnt do SMS though. But the cons is that the iPhone drains batt faster cos it uses Bluetooth to sync, call, etc.

Thanks 3er but how bad is the power drain? may sound like a silly question but can you play music thru bluetooth with the Iphone......maybe that's asking for too much

Sorry guys, the iphone's Bluetooth does not work with BMWs. Hopefully the next software update will fix this.

True Kevster. Initially I also having problem to connect my IPhone with my Garmin. Checked with Garmin and they said I need to upgrade the OS to 3GS which is version 3.0.1. Did that and still bluetooth connection is intermittent.It will keep on rebooting your Garmin.Actually nothing wrong with the Garmin since it can pair with my wife HTC.

I've been using my Iphone via bluetooth since the first batch from Maxis on my E60 530i and E92 M3. So far no problem from day 1. Can programme the number on the touch button of the car, so much easier to call the frequent number. I've tried connect to the ipod integration cable and it will also function without problem as normal ipod. Just 'tap' no when it asked to use plane mode. However it won't charge the Iphone. Now my Iphone software is ver. 3.1.

racheltoh;456045 said:
glock: ur idrive is a touch screen????

I think he's talking about the numbered buttons below the screen which you can program to your favourite radio stations, phone nos, nav destinations, etc. When you slide your finger over them, the programmed function shows up on the screen. It's one of the coolest things about iDrive :top:

Zul.... can meet up to see how works???

Schwepps: I cant recall the numbered buttons. Once i'm in the car, i will check with u again..

Sure, but only if you promise to use your seat belts too, my dear. Those are on the B-pillar BTW. :D

racheltoh;456045 said:
glock: ur idrive is a touch screen????

not the idrive..but the touch sensitive button lay above the dvd slot..u can program it to be a short cut for ur contact

eh..very boring thread la this is! i got no Idrive...
2161.gif

Schwepps;456057 said:
I think he's talking about the numbered buttons below the screen which you can program to your favourite radio stations, phone nos, nav destinations, etc. When you slide your finger over them, the programmed function shows up on the screen. It's one of the coolest things about iDrive :top:

yup...and on a long trip, i just connect the usb cable to the phone to get it charging while its on bluetooth mode

racheltoh;456125 said:
oh..cant they sync with the voice recognition? since its already enabled

:eek: Your voice commands is enabled? How come mine isn't? Tell, tell.

Top Bottom