Project e46

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Ibrahim Hanif

Club Guest
Hi all Sifus,Need some advice to start my e46 makeover project.BMW E46 n42 2002 318i, My location Johor Bahru.1. M3 Bodykit full set2. Shock Absorber with Sport Spring3. Engine Top Overhaul and wear and tear4. Quad Exhaust Setup5. Paint whole body and rimsNeed to have some advice on price and product. Any workshop, paint shop, accessories shop for recommendation.Thanks in advance.:top:

instead of bodykit, quad pipes, and top overhaul, consider engine swap to M54. then your car will go like a BMW should. cosmetics can come later.

Ibrahim Hanif;824832 said:
Hi all Sifus,

Need some advice to start my e46 makeover project.

BMW E46 n42 2002 318i, My location Johor Bahru.

1. M3 Bodykit full set
2. Shock Absorber with Sport Spring
3. Engine Top Overhaul and wear and tear
4. Quad Exhaust Setup
5. Paint whole body and rims

Need to have some advice on price and product. Any workshop, paint shop, accessories shop for recommendation.

Thanks in advance.

:top:

In my opinion you should go for the m-tech II bodykit rather than a m3 replica kit.

Agreed. The M3 look somehow doesn't go well with E46 sedans; perhaps this has to do with E46 M3 were only available as coupes. Yup, the MSport look is more fitting.

maxxsp;824914 said:
In my opinion you should go for the m-tech II bodykit rather than a m3 replica kit.

mizhan;824891 said:
instead of bodykit, quad pipes, and top overhaul, consider engine swap to M54. then your car will go like a BMW should. cosmetics can come later.

I wonder how much cash to spend to swap to M54. Not only the engine, i guess have to change a lot of items for conversion

Ibrahim Hanif;824939 said:
I wonder how much cash to spend to swap to M54. Not only the engine, i guess have to change a lot of items for conversion

A complete E46 330Ci M-Sport M54B30 halfcut with 5spd manual is RM23k before negotiation.

How do you plan to make do with the quad system? U have no choice but to cut the spare tyre tank? No?

wingzee;824947 said:
A complete E46 330Ci M-Sport M54B30 halfcut with 5spd manual is RM23k before negotiation.

sell 318i and get 330i...sume ada, abis cerita...

Ibrahim Hanif;824939 said:

an easier route would be to dispose the 318i, and replace with a 330i. much less headache.

mizhan;825396 said:
an easier route would be to dispose the 318i, and replace with a 330i. much less headache.

Or if you are concern about roadtax (coz apart from roadtax, I don't see any much disadvantage getting a 330 as you gain more power and FC is about the same), a 325 will do the job.

Bro Mizhan kalu pasal tukar enjin.. Kalu tt jangan la duduk sebelah dia.. Hahaha..

Ya, sell or jadikan kereta gi pasar yg 318 dan cari 330 untuk nak bergaya.. Pomen pon tak pening nak buat conversion.. Hihi.. Kalu da mmg 320i then nak jadik 330i this one could be less headache.. Siapkan fulusnya sahaja... Rm23k before noge bak kata Wingzee.. Cabutzzzzzz :burnout:

mizhan;824891 said:

Agreed.. Try to opt for engine swaps.. get a good bargain and let the racun begin.. U can refer to bro Gendong for this as well

Ibrahim Hanif;825741 said:
Some more racun. Can't afford lh bro the maintenance for 330i

Bro Hanif, you'll be surprised lotsa parts for M54 engine series is much cheaper than N42. And overall maintenance too. Like what I've posted earlier, only cons is the insurance. :D

Agree with all the sifus.. at least a M54B25..In JB whole half cut is RM15k without installation.

Top Bottom