Problems with E30

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tull the prigger

Club Guest
I drive an '89 E30. Lately the clutch has been slightly heavier to press and harder to engage in gear. What should I be looking at and what's the rough average cost if it needs replacement? Also looking into converting the rear drum brakes to discs. What brand is reasonably priced? Does it come with calipers & discs? What other parts need to be purchased for the conversion? It also has a cracked dashboard on the top. Is there a way to fix it? What are my options? How much to change a dashboard and does it include all the meters? Please recommend lightbulbs for headlights. Are the bulbs universal size? (Slightly brighter but no HID please) What is 'Angel Eyes'? Thanks in advance for the replies. :)

if your gear clutch is heavy, it's time for clutch plate replacement, It will cost you from RM 500 to 600 inclusive of the clutch, bearings and workmanship.

For conversion of drum to disc brake, you will need to search for the rear arm from 323 or 325. it will set you back about 500 to 600 for the 2nd parts but price will increase pending on the condition of the disc and brake pad, handbrake cable, bushes and etc. Recommended to change all your bushes for your subframe, trailing arm and rear axle mount.

for crack dashboard, either get 2nd or get a restorer shop to fix it. if buy 2nd, then you need to search. normally meters come saperately.

for bulbs, e30 is using H1. So, you can either go for brighter one like Philip wide range of bulbs. You can opt to install standard HID which cost about a little below 1K.

Angel eyes, do a search. ;)

Good luck with your E30

H1 bulb can get from any parts shop or accessories shop. getting from parts shop would be cheaper. There are a couple at the PJ old SEA park area..

There are many restorers but would be difficult to recommend. how bad is the crack?

VColour in sunway. not too sure of the details, can do a search in the web or adv from motortrader.

Philips bulb, you can try PH Auto in Paramount, near the Shell Station or you can try Bavarian Auto in SS 2

Top Bottom