Problem with my gear change

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

albertsew

Club Guest
After came back from my recent CNY trip, I noticed that when my auto gear change from 3rd to 4th (overdrive), suddenly the car would rev from 2 to 5 .........as if it is a kick down or wat BUT actually is NOT !!!Then just these 2 days, after started my car and move from standstill, the car suddendly felt like did not even engaged to 1st gear and rev to very high and sudden the car engaged back to gear and move ..........Sifu out there , pls advise ..........so i have the worst nightmare and well prepared before going to my mechanic and burn my pocket. These CNY has been hard for my and now still have to burn my pocket. Bills waiting :getyourfactsright:

Uh-oh.... sounds bad. Now where is the gearbox sifu when you need him. Calling M30....

In the case of my SLOTH, I had quite jerky gearchanges between the lower gears 1-2-3. 3-4-5 was very smooth. Changed my ATF and filter and the gearchanges had improved a lot. Something to do with the control solenoids sticking and not doing their job properly.

Hope yours can be cured or prolong a gearbox overhaul / change for another few months?

Originally posted by flash@Feb 12 2006, 08:20 PM
Uh-oh.... sounds bad. Now where is the gearbox sifu when you need him. Calling M30....

In the case of my SLOTH, I had quite jerky gearchanges between the lower gears 1-2-3. 3-4-5 was very smooth. Changed my ATF and filter and the gearchanges had improved a lot. Something to do with the control solenoids sticking and not doing their job properly.

Hope yours can be cured or prolong a gearbox overhaul / change for another few months?
Confirmed is a gear slip .....

FLASH, so wat ATF brand do you use? Roughly how much does it cost ?

If I wanted to overhaul my gearbox, how long and how much does it take ?

Btw, the mechanic recommended me using the mineral based ATF name start with Cocone ...something ......wat do you SIFUs think ?

before resorting to desperate and breaking bank measure, try the Auto-RX for transmission. if it works then it might just save you bundle.

see their website: Auto-RX for Transmission and do some reading yourself if it fits the bill.

Good luck

Top Bottom