Problem with da meters

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

siX PoTTer

Club Guest
Hei... me odo meter not working... oso the fuel consumtion estimator and da rev meter and the temp guage... anyone know whats the problem??? but my speedo meter ok...

odometer...broken gears?

others.....SI BOARD kong or batteries dead! pray it's betteries!!

Thanks jules... will check it right away...update later... now car in workshop...can crank but wont start...guessing its da regulator or pump... :aggressive:

got the same problems but worst..... odo, fuel gauge, rpm, spedo, temp all not working..... coz ..took out dashboard for bodyworks (welding)...banyak karat....pasang balik.. all not working....engine runs ok....what's the problem...help me....s.o.s

Originally posted by raaw@Jun 7 2005, 04:02 PM
got the same problems but worst..... odo, fuel gauge, rpm, spedo, temp all not working..... coz ..took out dashboard for bodyworks (welding)...banyak karat....pasang balik.. all not working....engine runs ok....what's the problem...help me....s.o.s
Could be a simple case of blown fuse for the instrument meter.

I think speedometer for an E30 is turn by wire hence not affected if fuse is broken.

my SI meter also not working, so dismantle both the batteries already .....is a Sharp 3V batter x 2 unit,

Where to get those batteries ?

Have to pre-charge ?

Originally posted by albertsew@Jul 9 2005, 10:46 PM
my SI meter also not working, so dismantle both the batteries already .....is a Sharp 3V batter x 2 unit,

Where to get those batteries ?

Have to pre-charge ?
jalan pasar.

make sure you get rechargeable type and yes better to precharge.

If you don't have a 3 volt charger, you can use the 3.9volt charger. Yes you are going to ask me where to get it. Your handphone charger of course. Most of the nokia handphone charger are rated to this voltage. Just make sure that you connect to right terminals. The positive end of the battery should be connected to the inner part of the plug and the negative end of the battery should be connected to the outer part of the plug. charge for about 1 hour as the nokia charger are quite high voltage if they are quick charge type.

If you have a voltmeter monitore the battery voltage. WHn the battery is about 3.2V, you should removed the charger.

btw, you need a soldering gun to solder the terminal as the battery usually come in a package of one.

Jarance, thanks for the detail instructions !!! ;)

DAmn sui today, after removing the battery from the SI meter, today start the car and found that Inspection light is RED and the meter showing Litre /100km is not working also !!!

Then never mind, when Broga for nice baked red tilapia, on the way stop by a petrol kiosk and add some water coz noticed the temperature gauge is higher than usual.

So on the way back, when reaching Tmn Connaught, the temperature went all the way to red , so have to stop at Esso Station just beside The Giant supermaket, when checked, found no water in the reservoir .....so fill water and found "probably" the water pump leaking or "beraking" ...... when the cap is off , but even cap is on not so serious but still leaking.........

Now my car is at workshop waiting for them to check and repair tomorrow. :dunno:

Originally posted by albertsew@Jul 10 2005, 10:21 PM
Jarance, thanks for the detail instructions !!! ;)

DAmn sui today, after removing the battery from the SI meter, today start the car and found that Inspection light is RED and the meter showing Litre /100km is not working also !!!

Then never mind, when Broga for nice baked red tilapia, on the way stop by a petrol kiosk and add some water coz noticed the temperature gauge is higher than usual.

So on the way back, when reaching Tmn Connaught, the temperature went all the way to red , so have to stop at Esso Station just beside The Giant supermaket, when checked, found no water in the reservoir .....so fill water and found "probably" the water pump leaking or "beraking" ...... when the cap is off , but even cap is on not so serious but still leaking.........

Now my car is at workshop waiting for them to check and repair tomorrow. :dunno:
Just desserts for not coming to tts. :D

2cents, thanks so much !!! :p

Confirm is the water pump problem, should cost RM200 + (brand new) according to the mechanic.

Went & service my car yesterday. Found out that the Service Interval Display (Service Indicator) is not able to be reset. According to the mechanic, I need to change the whole meter. Anyone experience that? What could be the problem?

Originally posted by 5series@Jul 12 2005, 10:32 AM
Went & service my car yesterday. Found out that the Service Interval Display (Service Indicator) is not able to be reset. According to the mechanic, I need to change the whole meter. Anyone experience that? What could be the problem?
First may I know where you have your car serviced.

Secondly, the service interval indicator can be reset by a modic or other similar tools. (for the more adventurous use a jumper wire)

Did you try the "Reset" button test to test all the guage and display. What is the result after you have conduct the test?

after my over heat problem solved, now my temperature gauge not working ...........any idea ?

Burn fused ? or wat ?

Brudder Jarance, thinking of opening it up for a check. Are you able to assist? when is the best time for you?

one shot get it done or else throw the whole meter away. Getting fxxx up oredi!!

Originally posted by 5series@Aug 1 2005, 05:14 PM
Brudder Jarance, thinking of opening it up for a check. Are you able to assist? when is the best time for you?

one shot get it done or else throw the whole meter away. Getting fxxx up oredi!!
call me for an appointment..

but no promise as I am not well verse with an E34.

Top Bottom