Preventive Maintenance

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

seanswn

Club Guest
Brothers,Is there any Preventive maintenance workshop around PJ area ?I would like to send my 328i for some preventive maintenance like G/Box Flushing, Engine Flushing, Radiator Flushing, Power Steering System Flushing etc etc. ?Thanks in advanced

Thanks but I am asking for all this flushing things.

I know a lot of the work shop only do repairs and they do not do flushing.

I heard of Autochild but now a days they reputation seem to have drop.

hey bro, flushing instead of changing it ??
anyway good luck in finding a good place for your new ride

seanswn;463446 said:
Brothers,

Is there any Preventive maintenance workshop around PJ area ?

I would like to send my 328i for some preventive maintenance like G/Box Flushing, Engine Flushing, Radiator Flushing, Power Steering System Flushing etc etc. ?

Thanks in advanced

If your pocket is deep enough, all flushings are possible. The best way to flush (in my humble opinion) is to pour in new oil, run the car for like 500km, then change the oil entirely again with fresh one.

Maybe this could help?

seanswn;463446 said:
Brothers,

Is there any Preventive maintenance workshop around PJ area ?

I would like to send my 328i for some preventive maintenance like G/Box Flushing, Engine Flushing, Radiator Flushing, Power Steering System Flushing etc etc. ?

Thanks in advanced

I think Autochild does all the above but be ready to pay for it.

Gearbox flushing.
Normally you do not need to flush the gearbox. Just drain the ATF oil and change the filter will do the job pretty good.

Engine flushing
You can drain the oil and add flushing oil for flushing the engine. After flushing, drain flushing oil and replace filter and new oil. Engine flushing is recommend every 4 oil changes if you suspect sludge is building up or prolong interval in oil change.

Radiator flushing.
Again you just drain the water and replace the water and coolant. Some workshop does offer flushing service but I think regular replacement of coolant will do the job just as well.

Power Steering.
I dont think there is oil flushing for power steering. Just drain oil and replace. this is the same as brake fluid where they will pump the oil at each individual brake servo until the colour of the oil is clear.

IMHO, flushing is not a preventive maintenance but more of a corrective maintenance due to neglect routine servicing.

Top Bottom