Pre-registered Car

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

echoesian

Club Guest
I'm just wondering for pre-reg car, the first name is the dealer name and second is the buyer name, so in this case, we are actually buying a second hand car with 0 mileage. When come the time to sell, will this considered a second hand car which will affect the second hand car value ?

Technically, it's considered 2nd hand when we bought it. When selling it, it's considered 3rd hand for the next buyer. Value wise, it's up to the buyer. Bear in mind that you did not pay full price of the car, so if you worry, you can always pay full price for the car and become the 1st owner.

They call it pre-registered to make you feel better, it's technically pre-owned but under the local BMW market's definition, "pre-owned" comes with few thousand km of mileage and it's even more cheaper than a pre-registered unit. The 3rd owner really couldn't be bothered because to them pre-registered = pre-owned.. :4:

This pre-registered thingee existed long ago in the local BMW market, nothing new.

The 3rd owner will not care two hoots if it's pre-reg or pre-owned and it's value is dependent on , year, condition, service history, enhancements and certainly much less to do with having BMW as it's first owner.

To me, the premium selections r great deals as in my case, i saved nearly RM 50k for a 3-mth old car which did just a shade under 4600km. In this case, I have no issues playing second fiddle. For comparison, another dealer was selling 228k for a 0km pre-reg which means I lose 20k immediately just driving it out the showroom. So the pre-owned one was a no brainer for me. it was the right color combo I wanted too

Of course, the 0km pre-reg, u get a virgin. So, how pure do u want your German slut to be?

i agree with bro kuntakinte, its all depending on what is your requirements..
i took the virgin coz at the time there is no premium that i liked...
hmmm.... my german virgin.... revving her harder day by day (but still maintain below 3.5k rpm... sian!!!)

kuntakinte;678713 said:
The 3rd owner will not care two hoots if it's pre-reg or pre-owned and it's value is dependent on , year, condition, service history, enhancements and certainly much less to do with having BMW as it's first owner.

To me, the premium selections r great deals as in my case, i saved nearly RM 50k for a 3-mth old car which did just a shade under 4600km. In this case, I have no issues playing second fiddle. For comparison, another dealer was selling 228k for a 0km pre-reg which means I lose 20k immediately just driving it out the showroom. So the pre-owned one was a no brainer for me. it was the right color combo I wanted too

Of course, the 0km pre-reg, u get a virgin. So, how pure do u want your German slut to be?

Premium selection is cheaper, however if comparing the interest rate 2.x% for premium selection vs < 1% for pre-registered ones the end result might be the same :)

The pre-owned few thousand km cars are either test car, event car, or advance driving training car. It may be few thousand km car but they might have been driven harsh, lower arm bushes and bearing can be a potential problem. Nothing feels like VIRGIN.. :4:

The interest rate is just another barter tool. At that time, I could hv gotten 0.88% for a longer tenure and higher financing and if I did not negotiated the price further downwards. I opted for maximum cash discount and gifts. Since I took a 60k loan for 3 years, I was also slapped with a 2.73% interest, negotiated down from 2.78% initially. Yep, I hv a habit of being petty and likes the feel good factor that I had tried and succeeded in getting myself a better deal. Typical kiasu mentality. :sigh:

astroboy;678725 said:
The pre-owned few thousand km cars are either test car, event car, or advance driving training car. It may be few thousand km car but they might have been driven harsh, lower arm bushes and bearing can be a potential problem. Nothing feels like VIRGIN.. :4:

Yep, u r right. So, u need to ask the right questions. In my case, I asked the salesman the same thing and he checked that the was a name allocated to the Car which meant if was a staff car. The driver training cars, yes, there were a few and some even still have the silhouette of the number sticker on the window glass. They are identified by the ridiculously low mileage for the month they r registered. There were a few, all below 1000km reg in may 2010.
As for bushings, suspension etc, they are fully covered under warranty thus not a concern.
I think, to each his own, but I kinda believe I am inherently someone who decides mostly with my head over heart thus, I like to balance blind passion with some honest practicality. There you go. No right or wrong there. To each, his own

kuntakinte;678729 said:
Yep, u r right. So, u need to ask the right questions. In my case, I asked the salesman the same thing and he checked that the was a name allocated to the Car which meant if was a staff car. The driver training cars, yes, there were a few and some even still have the silhouette of the number sticker on the window glass. They are identified by the ridiculously low mileage for the month they r registered. There were a few, all below 1000km reg in may 2010.
As for bushings, suspension etc, they are fully covered under warranty thus not a concern.
I think, to each his own, but I kinda believe I am inherently someone who decides mostly with my head over heart thus, I like to balance blind passion with some honest practicality. There you go. No right or wrong there. To each, his own
Totally agreed, in the end its just a battle between the heart and the head (the one above the shoulders) :) . I went for the pre-reg just because I wanted a virgin ride and being the only driver bond better with her.

Top Bottom