Pre-Approved Car

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

anxious

Club Guest
Anyone purchased a Pre Approved Car from AB. A Pre-Approved Car is normally a second hand car sold by AB (mostly traded in ). I understand that it comes with a 6 mth warranty and the car gets a 30 point check. Whatelse can you expect. Anyone care to share their experience? Thanks

Its a E46. 4 year old with pretty low mileage.

Based on mileage alone it wont qualify for Inspection 2 but based on age I reckon it would based on the following formula:-

Year 1: Oil Change
Year 2: Inspection 1
Year 3: Oil Change
Year 4: Inspection 2

Inspection 2 would entail:-

Change Oil & Filter
Micro Filter
Air Filter
Spark Plugs
Fuel Filter

Coolant

Therefore I would try to get AB to do at least an Inspection 2.

I am also concerned about :-

Wiper Blade
Steering Fluid
Brake Fluid
ATF /Gasket/Filter
Differential Oil
Brake Lining
Battery
Water Pump
O2 Sensor
Gasket (Including Valve Cover Gasket)
Bushing
Hoses
Belting
Mountings

After all its a 4 year old car and parts detiorate.

I was just wondering whether you guys had any experience in buying a pre-approved car from AB and how flexible they are.

I bought a e60 from them last them last year. Experience wasnt great. Second hand or otherwise I was still making a purchase through a main dealer. All I asked was for them to change the engine oil and they were reluctant to do so. They did in the end but did not inform me.

It wasnt just about the oil change, the entire sales experience was terrible. I would NEVER buy another car from AB again. Second hand or otherwise. Previously one doesnt have a choice now one does.

I bought from them because I wanted their warranty as the e60 has a lot of electronics. That was the only reason. Since are buying a e46, you have a lot of choices out there. Save the premium which you would pay at AB and spend it instead to change the things you are concerned with. As you mentioned, things would be deteriorating, they may fail after the 6 months warranty. Better you change them yourself than to rely on AB.

Good luck.

Thanks for your comments guys but I was too slow and the car has been sold.

Anyway with the present climate I probably should hold on to my spare cash.

I went to another dealer last 3 weeks to check the E90 & was told I can get the pre-owned year 2008 units. I forgot to ask about the warranty but I believe it will still be 3 years.

For the E46, being the previous model, getting a 6 months warranty from the authorised dealer is not a bad deal. If you buy from 2nd hand dealer, you'll probably get 1 month warranty and from private owner, maybe 1 week. So you gauge which is best. Now you have several authorised dealers you can choose from - 3 in kl and many others in other state. I for one am looking for a E46 for my wife come 2009, may consider at any available BMW dealer pre-approved/pre owned unit. But hard to come because it will depend on any owner doing trade-in.

Crymson;369116 said:
I went to another dealer last 3 weeks to check the E90 & was told I can get the pre-owned year 2008 units. I forgot to ask about the warranty but I believe it will still be 3 years.

The 3 year BSRI is from the car's registration date. So, if the registration date is 2006, then the warranty is until 2009 although you may have bought the car yesterday. Bu then since you mentioned it was year 2008, then no worries lah!

imported used car

how about buying those imported BMW-
UK or Japan.

is there any difference ? some say the engine or chip is different as it is not suitable in our country climate.
???

axc;369562 said:
how about buying those imported BMW-
UK or Japan.

is there any difference ? some say the engine or chip is different as it is not suitable in our country climate.
???

normally these cars are sold by AP holders instead of AB, Ingress or Sapura... one month warranty is normally given to the buyers only with the exception of Naza who provides 1 year warranty instead. But make sure that you inspect the car carefully before buying.. as they bring in one whole batch of car from auction house so there is bound to be lemons.
The only thing that you have to request are the engine oil, ATF, coolant... brake oil, everything to do with the oil... :D
Then ask them to send to qualified BMW workshop to do full diagnostic and see the report. Most of the car dealers will do so...
Hope this helps

Top Bottom