Poor reception for FM radio

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

x2ream

Hi bros,

been having poor reception for FM radio and been thinking about aftermarket solution for good quality radio station. Some quick research on the internet tells me that e46 using rear window antenna arent that good. Any solutions? Would the 'shark fin' radio be any good? and if so would i need to drill a hole on my roof?

hi bro

i used to have this problem. when i changed to aftermarket radio, it fix the problem. it was the player that is having the problem after a while. but if ur thinking of changing it, go to a proper shop that knows about the wirring. I had mine changed in brothers and shit happens. i had to ask them to check and re do back cuz the door sensor is showing that my door is open, but actually it is closed. So be careful where u change urs

I've also encounter this before, after I disconnect the battery terminal and clean it with a contact cleaner, now the reception are ok.

My antenna is ok, but I found out that after turning on the defogger, the reception become very bad. The reason I can think of is the defogger power on will interrupt the signal, maybe you should check is there any current leak that's causing your car poor signal?

hmmm, went to brother peter at uptown, they charged me rm295 for a blaupunkt receiver. same buzzing unclear noise heard. any of you guys installed an aftermarket radio antenna? inside car or outside?

yes when u on the defogger, it will interrupt the signal abit. but when i changed my player, i dint have the problem. so im not sure.
there is aftermarket antenna maybe bosh or so.. normally accessories shop have it. it will stick infront of ur windscreen on the top side.
maybe u could try that

There's another wire that u need to send 12v to. I replaced the ori hu with pioneer unit myself n having the noise issue. After searching for info, found out I need to send power to the another wire so I hook it up to the remote wire so the problem gone. I think the wire is the power wire for built in signal booster

Top Bottom