POLL on BMW Club Annual Fees

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Status
Not open for further replies.
so I can post what I just posted up at 10:41am.....

ALBundy said:
Anyway....despite the skewed poll, more than 70% of the folks who have casted their votes believe there should be and annual fee imposed and out of the 70%, more than 70% agreed the annual fee imposed is just and fair hahahaha!

it still too early to tell.. so far only 40 person have voted.. but I believe the majority would voted in favour of the fee cos in the end, the fee are use for the betterment of the club and members benefits.

vincent said:
about the poll title , what is wrong ??? it is a question and a poll to judge the result.

i really i dont understand unless is unfair to you...

tht should be a topic rite , is good to have another option says "yes but less fees" to be fair to members ...

this not to discriminate anyone here ....

vincent don't worry.. Please don't take it too personal. I know your intention is good..

OSFlanker said:
The phrasing of the poll is unfortunate and points to a bias from the originator of the poll. Those who have studied statistics will know that any poll can be made to skew towards an outcome with the correct phrasing.

The poll question "Should Annual Fees be Implemented" points to a challenge on the concept of charging annual fees. Firstly, I am not aware of any registered car club which doesn't collect annual fees. Secondly, from the responses posted, entrance fee is also an issue but the poll only mentions the annual fees.

A more neutral phrasing could be as follows :

"What is your opinion on the RM150 annual membership fee and the RM150 membership entrance fee?"

with the list of alternative responses as :

1. The fees set are reasonable
2. The fees set are too high
3. The annual fee is reasonable but the entrance fee is too high

"I don't care" should not be an option as this a poll and those that don't care should not take part in any poll at all! Instead of "I don't care" should be "none of the above".

Thank You OS Flanker, but they didnt seem to understand that. How else to explain to them, I dont know..... This is the problem with these dudes lah, Give them a piece of string and they try to be cowboys... hence the birth of another club... WTF man... :mad:

the birth of bimmersclub.com is not to take all forumers from here to there . it is just another udmowner.com or malatbimmers.com so what about given a string and try to be cowboys ??
dont tell me anyone here cannot form their own website ????

but anyway thanks for getting half our job done..

vincent said:
the birth of bimmersclub.com is not to take all forumers from here to there . it is just another udmowner.com or malatbimmers.com so what about given a string and try to be cowboys ??

We are not debating about weather anyone can start their own website or not, we're just curious as to how the whole " I shall form my own club " come about. I mean something must have happened for you guys to make decissions like that right. So talk to us... whats the problem

Why is this being discussed? The fees has been submitted & approved by ROS. End of story. If anyone wants to chg it or abolish it pls get voted in the new committee & make the changes. All's welcome to start campaigning. Instead of always talking from the outside, better to make a difference & make the bmwclub someting special right? If people here thk that a new management can do better, the time is just around the corner to do something about it. Rather than just talk on the forum which is easy.
Psssttt.........AGM is up soon. Only thg is u have to be a member to vote n guess what?? When u get voted in there is money in the bank for you to organise events, instead of what the current committee has which is nothing. Sounds good eh?

vincent said:

Sure. Please go ahead and start your own www.whinner-annonymous.com too. I am pretty sure you will have lots of company that you wouldnt feel lonely at all. ;)

On the contrary, I think everyone has their right to start their own club and we shouldnt judge them on their action. Everyone has their preference, some like missionary, doggy style, sideways, standing, corner of the bed and what not. Just because you like it doggy style doesnt not mean you are dog.

Of course in an ideal world, we should all unite under one huge umbrella. I suggest the committee to have an open session to explain the rationale behind the fees imposed and all forum members that are uncertain to participate in the club due to some uncertainties are welcome to attend and voice their concerns with respect to what ever issues.

Agree with Alvin's comments,

WHY are we still going on this? For the newbies, this matter was deliberated ON many many moons ago. Too bad you guys weren't around to give your 2cents thoughts. Constitution has been made, ammended, submitted and approved.

Creating splinter groups wont help in resolving this matter. This CLUB is and ONLY the OFFICIAL BMW CLUB in Malaysia and recognised by the International BMW club Council....Kapish!

Lets all concentrate on making this OFFICIAL CLUB a success instead? As what Alvin said, AGM is just around the corner...get voted in and make the changes. But remember in order to vote you have to be an official member of the club.

They dun get it. It's the quantum. I've been trying to drive that point home too.

The crux of the matter is this, some forum members dont agree on the quantum of amount to be paid in order to join the club and hence the formation of another splinter group.

IMO, we shouldnt criticise or chastise them over their actions. If we are really keen to attract splinter groups to join, we should explain to them the rationale behind the fee structure. If that was done, and yet they are unwilling to join, then too bad.

Simply put, many cant see the perceived value of becoming a member and its up to the committee to convince them. Like I said, its a chicken and egg situation. It takes time and effort from EVERYONE to build up the club. We are entering a new ERA now, no longer just a cyber club but a proper one, we should all be proud of it and try to chip in especially during this critical period.

Thats my dua sen.

so what is quantum?

It a catch 22 situation. Not enough members, sponsors not interested. No sponsor, no benefits for the members to enjoy.

In this world, most of the clubs survived on sponsors and advertisment. Without the support from you all, there is no club..

ALBundy said:
On the contrary, I think everyone has their right to start their own club and we shouldnt judge them on their action. Everyone has their preference, some like missionary, doggy style, sideways, standing, corner of the bed and what not. Just because you like it doggy style doesnt not mean you are dog.

Of course in an ideal world, we should all unite under one huge umbrella. I suggest the committee to have an open session to explain the rationale behind the fees imposed and all forum members that are uncertain to participate in the club due to some uncertainties are welcome to attend and voice their concerns with respect to what ever issues.

>>> tell that to the cat! :D

What members? nobody has paid yet so practically we have none. We need to get people to join the club first and as this was the fee structure that was earlier
agreed upon and submitted to ROS, and only members can amend the fee structure in the next AGM as such there is nothing much we can do now. Until we have members and enough of it to set a quorum for voting purposes to elect the new committee and to change the constitution, we can debate all we want and nothings gonna come out of it.So I say we do the membership drive, get the members, vote in the new committee and let the new committee work from there. So all outhere who thinks he can do better for the club pls invest RM300 in this club and hope you get a good campaign manager if you plan to be president.

Oops sorry actually we have 1 paid up member.

my 2.5 sens worth....(hopefully not offending anyone here),

Personally, i agree to Mr. Al-Bundy's comment about transparency on what the club will be embarking on in terms of benefits and activities both currently and in the future. A club has its own life cycle curve. At one point of time membership will come to a dwindle and club activities may come to a certain standstill.

Running a club is like running a business these days whereby members will want to know what will they gain out of it at the end of the day. Now the question is what is "the gain"? Will it be unique? Will it be internationally recognised? .... and so on. No gain, no business, no members. At the end of the day, it is the exposure and recognition that's wat members want. Members want to say to their kids, friends, family etc. ... look that guy's bmw has a club sticker and I am in that same club too. Be it, on the road, shopping etc.. if u follow me.

The establishing committee must be strong and dedicated to the club, not changing every AGM. New blood is one thing but old blood does keep the club running.

Lastly, you really really can't make everyone happy!

hei.. jerman was the first one to pay.. I think he should have more say than all of us at this moment..

XXX said:
What members? nobody has paid yet so practically we have none. We need to get people to join the club first and as this was the fee structure that was earlier
agreed upon and submitted to ROS, and only members can amend the fee structure in the next AGM as such there is nothing much we can do now. Until we have members and enough of it to set a quorum for voting purposes to elect the new committee and to change the constitution, we can debate all we want and nothings gonna come out of it.So I say we do the membership drive, get the members, vote in the new committee and let the new committee work from there. So all outhere who thinks he can do better for the club pls invest RM300 in this club and hope you get a good campaign manager if you plan to be president.

Oops sorry actually we have 1 paid up member.

eeeehh.... u mean the pro-term committee also haven't paid??!!! :eek:

.........beep beep... cabutz!.... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom