Polishing machine

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
NekoRacing;630598 said:
Dear Sifus,

Newbie here wants to learn how to polish using orbital. My questions are;

1. What is a good machine for a newbie to start using?
2. Where can I get it?
3. I read something about a Dual Polisher, can I get it in KL?
4. Must I really clay before polishing?
5. Due to time constraint, can I work on the car by washing, claying, polishing and waxing each day on different parts? e.g. Today - Car roof, Tomorrow - Bonnet, Next day - Doors.

Really appreciate if someone could help me out here. Thanks!

hi bro
i just remembered i did a test a couple of months ago on DA vs Rotary

DA is dual action the cheapest in Malaysia is about 7++ close to 800 (cant do severe rids & swirls or severe damage paint restorations - as it is oscilating - that where u need a rotary -
the same amount of money i can get a makita which is all you need for the rest of your life

we did 3 test with 2 diffrent machine mainly ROTARY vs DA
what we did was to segregate a few areas to test out the product & how it react over certain machine reaction

1st area for waxing with rotary - how road side polish wax job is to be done
IMG_0172.JPG

2nd area with Dual Action polisher
IMG_0185.JPG

our pro - detailer

3rd contestant on rotary - with optimum hyper spray compound

IMG_0212.JPG

RESULTS REVEALING

1st area Wax with china make rotary???
IMG_0205.JPG

hologram was visible once we remove the wax

2nd area consumer range product

after
IMG_0203.JPG

visible cuts is still there

moving on the 3rd area -done with optimum hyper spray compound through out till finishing - with makita
wool - cutting pad- polishing pad - finishing pad

one product finish - OPTIMUM HYPER SPRAY POLISH
IMG_0210.JPG

choose this day
which finishing you like on your ride
4%20area%20comparission.jpg

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?39347-Mastering-Rotary-crash-course-another-sunday-hands-on-car-detailing-work-out-by-KC

Hi Guys,

I saw in Ace today this brand "SKIL" Polisher 9070 @ RM 328. If compare to Bosch GEX125AE @ RM 370? Which can do better job in detailing?

Please advise, as i am new in detailing.

Cheers

Bg22g22;656758 said:
Hi Guys,

I saw in Ace today this brand "SKIL" Polisher 9070 @ RM 328. If compare to Bosch GEX125AE @ RM 370? Which can do better job in detailing?

Please advise, as i am new in detailing.

Cheers

only reckon you should get makita, the only one & only rotary last 1/4 century

as for skill - speed & calibration is totally hopeless ( might even slow down, when u work on yr car) MIC (make in china)
borsch - is a rob, a good start but you will definitely bored after a few tries, as it can do much except mild polishing,
the 2nd issue i face is the amount of vibration - destroy alot of my foam pad -(imagine 6 foam pad cost u the machine) you wouldnt be able to correct the swirls, RIDS - more over is made in malaysia
where as the ultimate machine - is endless......i dont even suggest u to get a DA.....cos, it will be too complacency

i have posted too on machine http://thedetailers.blogspot.com/2011/03/optimum-no-rinse-wash-available-in.html

http://thedetailers.blogspot.com/2011/01/deatiling-guru-kc-revealing-truth-of.html

Hi KC,

Good day.

Thanks for the comments. Well said. I find Makita is expensive for newbie like me. Just affraid after once or twice use, i will just keep in the storeroom. Thats why i am looking at SKILL or Borsch. Currently i am using my hand to wax my ride and result is not that good.

Cutting power by hand will not be as good as the rotary.

That's what I was taught.

what ever said and done ....i think as a begginer makita works better and within a couple of hundred more then those al-cheapo ones ...last heard that the china made one was burn up and never had spare parts ....money well spent IMHO ...

Bg22g22;656896 said:
Hi KC,

Good day.

Thanks for the comments. Well said. I find Makita is expensive for newbie like me. Just affraid after once or twice use, i will just keep in the storeroom. Thats why i am looking at SKILL or Borsch. Currently i am using my hand to wax my ride and result is not that good.

i totally agree with iceman,

you pay what you get.....2 thing to clarify here

no wax manufacture - instruct you to wax by machine....& what brings up the shine - is the amount of paint imperfection remove......

if you are driving a lighther colour like white or silver- chances are you dont even need to polish the paint but Power clean - which we did last sat at TT

before lots of paint issue - such as RIDS, Swirls from road side washing, water marks ( water droplets dry under the sun)
doesnt even have paint definations

DSCF2917.JPG

look again at the amount of imperfections paint removed
DSCF2922.JPG

deeper scuff
DSCF2812.JPG

ta da after Optimum double sided wool / foam pad - OHC & OHP
DSCF2861.JPG

next eg
what a beautiful picture - realieve
P1290641.JPG

but TA DA (do you reckon any wax can hide this) maybe lighten up & faded away in no time
P1290633.JPG

Hi Iceman 13,

Well said. "Good thing not cheap, cheap thing not Good" :)

KC,

I never know that we cant use machine for waxing. Thanks.

(sorry out of topic here)
If i got a scratch about 5 cm long, can i use Meguiars Scratch X 2.0 to remove the scratch?

Bg22g22;656992 said:
Hi Iceman 13,

Well said. "Good thing not cheap, cheap thing not Good" :)

KC,

I never know that we cant use machine for waxing. Thanks.

(sorry out of topic here)
If i got a scratch about 5 cm long, can i use Meguiars Scratch X 2.0 to remove the scratch?

no worries buddy

that what we are here for - all for one & one for all

we are not told for thus long, but now you have been - you can choose wisely....wax is just for protection & not meant for any correction, although some may fill up light swirls but usually dont last for a week

by alll possible avoid it!!!! stay away road side car wash (esp those whom use sponges - as they have pores - contaminants & sand like dust trapped there & when it is yr turn TA DA!!!!) wash yr own self & change microfibers frequently & habit to wash left to right (instead of round washing/drying which over period of long time - swirls will appears)

PAINT corrections

The thumb of the rule is - if any scratches you can be felt by yr fingers nail chances is too deep to be corrected /polish

a deeper paint leveling is required
DSCF3010.JPG

ONR as lube (Abalone Mikra 2000 grit sand paper)
DSCF3008.JPG

polish off with OPT Hyper Compound & Optimum double wool pad
finish off with optimum Hyper Polish with optimum foam pad
DSCF3011.JPG

ta da
DSCF3011.JPG

if you do need some compound or polish to try out can contact me

Top Bottom