Please help...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Club Guest
hi all,since my thread in E36 forum din catch much attentions, hope post my questions here could get more advise...im considering to convert the 320 single vanos into mine E36.may i know the performance (0-100m,0-400m) & maintainance of this engine?anything need to aware? as i know all 2.0 comes in 1991cc & the spec are:M50B20110 kW (148 hp) @ 5900190 N·m (140 ft·lbf) @ 4700M52B20 (single vanos?)110 kW (148 hp) @ 5900190 N·m (140 ft·lb) @ 4200M52TUB (double vanos?)110 kW (148 hp) @ 5900190 N·m (140 ft·lb) @ 3500for 320 single vanos,it come with wat gearbox?4 speed or 5 speed?year?which 1 is better?how to differentiate brand of gearbox?found a 320 single vanos auto with 5 speed,could anyone tell me more bout tis gearbox?this engine come with iron block or aluminium block?which 1 better?fyi,mine a/c control panel is not digital type,could tis justify tis as a iron or aluminium block?thanks in advance for all the reply & help :top:

I think Jatco g/box is a good choice. Chop shop can justify this for you.

problem is,tis fella chop majority japan brand...he know less on conti car,currently the half cut is in japan & will be ship over here in June.i need to justify myself to make sure it's a good buy,not bargain but at least it wont cut me at the end..

When I change engine I simply ask my mechanic to look for me. When he says good, it means good because he will be the one who is doing the transplant. Save me the hassle and time.

Hi tamade7! Can u share us more your experience here?! Wat engine u convert bfor? Tell us more pls....

i havent pay any deposit,since the half cut guy is in japan now.i am trying to ask him do me a favour once i confirm the 320 single vanos, try to gimme interior ABC pillar cover,partition & carpet at the rear compartment,rear diff & exhaust + M3 bumper...all these might cost as low as RM4k it's would be better if i could confirm the half cut & close tis deal.

buy first and if u dont want u can sell the part one by one since it's cheap rite?..more RM but takes time...if u love it then do ur transplant as soon as possible + modification hp...

i dun want to take any risk to buy wrong stuff..

anyone who experienced tis before pls share ut thought here..

5115;324482 said:
i havent pay any deposit,since the half cut guy is in japan now.i am trying to ask him do me a favour once i confirm the 320 single vanos, try to gimme interior ABC pillar cover,partition & carpet at the rear compartment,rear diff & exhaust + M3 bumper...all these might cost as low as RM4k it's would be better if i could confirm the half cut & close tis deal.

Let me have the engine if you dowan...i want to plonk it into my E30 M40!!!:rolleyes:

can anyone help?

for 320 single vanos,
1)how to justify brand of gearbox?which 1 is better or pro & cons?
2)how to know the block type (alu or iron)?which 1 is better or pro & cons?
3)how to know whether it's M50B20 or M52B20?does M50TUB20 exist?

hope all sifu & otai here could share some info or experience...

"Laku" = interested by onthers

1) ZF 5 speed is smooth but power is not impresive ...Jatco 5 speed is not as smooth as ZF but the power is sweat and easy to get if ur gb kong in future and cheaper as well....
Jatco stand for Japan Tranmission Company so i think u now know its just available for Japan spec ....(infor. from Sifu Lionel_Koh)

2) I think tat can justify yourself when look at its engine block. Bcos alu & iron are diff materials. Alu light than iron but with poor heat resistant. Btw, Iron heavy but reliable.

3) V can know all of these from the document, am I right? Maybe V can look at his ECU.

Please correct me, If I am wrong.

There is a fellow forumer doing a transplant for his cabriolet in TTDI Jaya. But it is only a M20. He is buying both the front and rear part. You might want to have a chat with him, a friendly cap.
"For Sale: E30 325i Engine + Parts++
Greetings All,
My half cut has arrived...
So basically, all things from my E30 325i auto engine bay is available for sale. All are in good running conditions except for noisy ac compressor and leaky radiator. Engine (M20B25) is still in car but will be removed soon. Engine is running fine with smooth switchable auto transmission. let me know if you guys need anything. Prices are negotiable as I don't have space to store them.
Car is at w/shop in TTDI Jaya shah Alam. Come n see (test drive if it' still in car). PM me for appointment etc.
Cheers."

look for Ayek

deal bro,thank for ur reply!!!

anyway,due to wheather in M'sia is hot,could we do some mod on radiator fan for iron block engine?keep the fan spinning once the car is started?

Y not trade in your old engine & g/box to chop shop? Your package can convert to E36?

bro maxkpp,thanks for ur info give.

Adrian,havent talk to the fella regarding trade-in.

5115;324832 said:
deal bro,thank for ur reply!!!

anyway,due to wheather in M'sia is hot,could we do some mod on radiator fan for iron block engine?keep the fan spinning once the car is started?

Do you mean tat u wan to put a fan to your iron block engine or alu block engine? I think tat ori radiator is good enough for excharge d heat from engine. If you put d fan on all the time. 2 things u need to consider:

1) Fan's loud noise is annoying u. Just like our first Proton Saga's fan was built.

2) More current power extra needs = Car's Dynamo extra work = engine power loss. I think tat something like when v on our Air-con, V can feel some diff compare with off Air-con.

Please correct me, if I am wrong.

i mean keep the radiator fan spinning as i drive 90% from KL city>kepong>sri damansara...traffic jammed most of the time,my concern is will aluminium block easily overheated altho we use good coolant?

Top Bottom