Pic request - F30s with H&R Sport Springs, MSport or M Performance Suspension

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Agree with u bro TIancI. its actually see what you prefer and what you want the car to give you the feedback. M performance Chassis & H&R anti roll bar are a more equal set up which give u better stability in cornering and firmer ride feedback. But too stiff isn't good either. We need the car to roll in order to turn into corner. too stiff will just understeer all the way unless u are running very grip tires eg semi slicks or full slicks.

We just have to try it out and see how the car react base on tires we use and driving style.

A not so stiff set-up also gives more feedback.. which can be useful for the CRaZy driver who rempitz without fear or favour..

_M_;838925 said:
A not so stiff set-up also gives more feedback.. which can be useful for the CRaZy driver who rempitz without fear or favour..

.....and without brakes......:vroam:

Oooi ... M sama Gendong lu dua nie masa bulan Ramadan jangan fitnah tau. Nanti kredit pahala kena potong 25 unit.

ehhh.......he's reading up this thread la.....hehehhe....

dear fred,

understeer and oversteer is a balance of front vs rear grip. therefore, with all due respect, what you write here .. in an engineering and technical sense... is no-sense.

ie... " you need the car to roll inorder to turn into corners..." . which school of technical/thought is that?? did you see much roll in F1 cars??

so please .. go learn more about traction roll, body roll, firm vs hard ride before making such comments as it can misguide a lot of forummer.

fredsoowk;838922 said:
Agree with u bro TIancI. its actually see what you prefer and what you want the car to give you the feedback. M performance Chassis & H&R anti roll bar are a more equal set up which give u better stability in cornering and firmer ride feedback. But too stiff isn't good either. We need the car to roll in order to turn into corner. too stiff will just understeer all the way unless u are running very grip tires eg semi slicks or full slicks.

We just have to try it out and see how the car react base on tires we use and driving style.

Finally got a stock vs H&R pic...

02372EEC-B02B-4BA1-A178-8790C37F0467-1052-0000011DC5AA1DF8_zpsac113338.jpg

Warranty is for pussies la, I am sure Alan tiong agrees, otherwise he won't customized his own suspension ...lol

Aku ade bmw lori ko ade?

rattlesnake1982;839449 said:
Warranty is for pussies la, I am sure Alan tiong agrees, otherwise he won't customized his own suspension ...lol

Aku ade bmw lori ko ade?

This coming from a guy who say din wanna put HnR ARB bcos of warranty issue????!!

alantiong;839298 said:
dear fred,

understeer and oversteer is a balance of front vs rear grip. therefore, with all due respect, what you write here .. in an engineering and technical sense... is no-sense.

ie... " you need the car to roll inorder to turn into corners..." . which school of technical/thought is that?? did you see much roll in F1 cars??

so please .. go learn more about traction roll, body roll, firm vs hard ride before making such comments as it can misguide a lot of forummer.

Dear Alantion, u see F1 don't roll into corner because they run full slicks. So much grip at the tires what they need is steering responce. F1 cars = Go kart cars are the same. When your tires have so much of grip. u can go all the way to the hardest settings. Its totally different into a street car. I can run harder i'm on Yokohama A050 semi slicks cause it give me the grip hence i can enter corner earlier and power early but I cant run the same settings on a Normal Goodyear or Continental cause i will understeer before i can enter power out.!!

Traction roll, Body roll firm vs hard is very subjective and depends on driver liking and their driving style. Too much body Roll car doesn't mean its a slow car. Firm and hard setting car doesn't mean its a fast car. Its overall that count. Fast into corner doesn't mean you can exit fast (sometimes can't exit too) .. Slow into corner u can power out earlier and exit faster.

The less the body roll, the more the contact patch on the road. Given the same tires, less body roll would equal more grip.

fredsoowk;839907 said:
Dear Alantion, u see F1 don't roll into corner because they run full slicks. So much grip at the tires what they need is steering responce. F1 cars = Go kart cars are the same. When your tires have so much of grip. u can go all the way to the hardest settings. Its totally different into a street car. I can run harder i'm on Yokohama A050 semi slicks cause it give me the grip hence i can enter corner earlier and power early but I cant run the same settings on a Normal Goodyear or Continental cause i will understeer before i can enter power out.!!

Traction roll, Body roll firm vs hard is very subjective and depends on driver liking and their driving style. Too much body Roll car doesn't mean its a slow car. Firm and hard setting car doesn't mean its a fast car. Its overall that count. Fast into corner doesn't mean you can exit fast (sometimes can't exit too) .. Slow into corner u can power out earlier and exit faster.

Not bad... i like the last bit.. "Its overall that count"...

its about the balance/ratio of front and back traction that you have. i can see that you are about half way into the journey of understanding suspension logic. tyres plays a big role, but so do suspension geometry.

I could make your semi slicks feel like crap if i alter your geometry.. i could also make your normal tyres feel almost as good as you semi slick at medium speed corners playing with the geometry and tyre pressure. (of course .. just almost lah)

if a car need to slow down too much entering a corner and have to wait before powering out..means you have more rear traction than front on traction. now..

home work 1.0 .. what would you do to balance or to correct this?? assuming you can alter shock setting, spring setting, ride height, roll centre, alignments, tyre pressure.. but same tyres??

guys ..i am no belittling (if there is such a word) anyone.. but i truly believe, if i can share with you this knowledge, it will make all our lives as car enthusiast more meaningful. Quoting one of the veteran of motorsports of malaysia, Mr. On Kah Beng from lotus.. "its a black art"

willy5;839918 said:
The less the body roll, the more the contact patch on the road. Given the same tires, less body roll would equal more grip.

less body roll means less grip you nit wit!!

Top Bottom